• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

José Mourinho;108879282 said:
As a Chelsea fan, today's Liverpool Norwich game made me confident for our game against Liverpool and petrified of the next one against Norwich. Such a feeling shouldn't be possible. But here we are.

We're certainly a lot worse defensively against the so-called weaker sides, so that's some solace on my side. I'll really be bricking it if we don't have a half-time lead.

Arnie

Man, Fargo is great.
It's wonderful. Billy Bob is the man.

I'm more confident about Chelsea than I am about Palace because we're at Anfield. I don't think Chelsea's players will be able to cope, especially after a draining week in the CL.

FuturusX

It's wonderful. Billy Bob is the man.

I'm more confident about Chelsea than I am about Palace because we're at Anfield. I don't think Chelsea's players will be able to cope, especially after a draining week in the CL.

Losing to Palace would break my heart :( Let's hope that does not happen.

Abraxas

Looks like shit.

I miss Nike already.

It's all about keeping it simple, which Nike always did. The elbow stripes and white sleeve continuation into the shoulder ruin the whole thing.

Now THIS is a kit:
Football%20News-%20Antoine%20Griezmann%20of%20Real%20Sociedad.jpg

I can't adequately describe how excited I am about being back in the Champion's League.

Congrats. If you guys get a couple of good signings and bring back the improved Suso, you guys can do some damage there. You don't want to end up like Dortmund who couldn't challenge in Europe despite doing great in the league.

Chosen One banner might be coming down after Saturday!

Norwich pls!

SEF. They say they will make a decision after Saturday's game.

Fucking Tufty. How are they not taking it down already? We all know Norwich aren't going to win. They know it and they will keep the banner up.

Mats performance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yCLzQ5PJXc

"Lad is too small to play for the u21s. Adnan is too." - Warren Joyce

Barzul

José Mourinho;108879282 said:
As a Chelsea fan, today's Liverpool Norwich game made me confident for our game against Liverpool and petrified of the next one against Norwich. Such a feeling shouldn't be possible. But here we are.
Can't see you winning vs Liverpool. Too quick for your defense. Sturridge is also back. I'd just focus on the CL at this point.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
O ye of little gratitude! We'll just have to agree to disagree. Pepe was fucking brilliant in Conte's first season. Or at the very least the first 6 months. Sure, you could argue that he was having the season of his life. And obviously I agree that he's far from being a top player. Those six months though ... he was on fucking fire. Goals, assists, worked as hard as I've seen any player work for us. I will forever love him for that. He deserved a better end to his career. :( Fuck injuries.
No actually I agree that he was pretty awesome/clutch in Conte's first season <3 But FUCK ME ZABO, he couldn't CROSS or DRIBBLE for shit! Or even PASS properly like a fucking professional footballer for fucks sake. The only thing he had going for him was his grinta and balls, which Isla lacks.

I guess he's a bit fast too..in a straight line.

He was fucking Messi against Napoli and Lazio (twice) though :lol :lol

And I cant forget his cross(!) to Matri in San Siro of course

For me it's Adidas>Nike>>>>everything else

The three stripes simply is a fucking amazing design. Timeless look that fits so well, it's crazy.

Look at these BVB kits from the 80s, 10/10 would want again:
opRcI0Ul.jpg

TlR26cCl.jpg

Too bad that Adidas has both Bayern and Schlacke, simply won't get them to make our kits in the next 10-15 years for sure :(

Zabojnik

No actually I agree that he was pretty awesome/clutch in Conte's first season <3 But FUCK ME ZABO, he couldn't CROSS or DRIBBLE for shit! Or even PASS properly like a fucking professional footballer for fucks sake. The only thing he had going for him was his grinta and balls, which Isla lacks.

He was a bit fast too..in a straight line.

One day I'm going to rewatch all our games from 2011/2012 and gif EVERYTHING Pepe did. That'll show you!

PowderedToast

if we put chelsea to the sword with a couple of quick goals i can't see them coming back if hazard isn't playing. still gonna be shitting bricks no matter what

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
One day I'm going to rewatch all our games from 2011/2012 and gif EVERYTHING Pepe did. That'll show you!
Loooooooooooooool Oi read my edit!

Remember when he dribbled himself into the ground? I almost died that day because of him.

And holy shit you bought DS2!!!!!!!

Salazar

Ogden piece gives me a bit of faith.

Foolish to say that he could read anything into Wooders' demeanour, though.

Carrick was wank. If you were Fletcher's parents, you'd ask the coach to move him into another team.

Arnie

Playing Tomb Raider and this line of dialogue crops up:

"You committed seppuku"

I'm in fucking floods of tears. The way it's pronounced. How it came out of nowhere.

Yen

Miguel Delaney @MiguelDelaney
A mischievous one: has United's refusal to sell Rooney to Chelsea helped Liverpool win the league?? A few extra points with Rooney etc... ??

YES MOYES

Playing Tomb Raider and this line of dialogue crops up:

"You committed seppuku"

I'm in fucking floods of tears. The way it's pronounced. How it came out of nowhere.

That cutscene made me realize how terrible I had been pronouncing it. Well I chose to believe their way of saying it, which I probably shouldn't considering they say Laura instead of Lara.

bud

haha, that's not mine.

if it had been mine, i would've committed seppuku before posting it on the internet.

K1LLER7

Not long now...

When asked after this defeat whether the board recognise his insistence that things will get better on his watch, Moyes shrugged his shoulders and smiled, but it was a nervous, uncomfortable smile.

For all his good work behind the scenes in rebuilding scouting networks and player analysis, that kind of progress will count for nothing on the Stretford End.

It is all about success and trophies and, as United’s team bus drove past Stanley Park on its way towards the M62, the sight of Anfield on the horizon preparing for a title party, will have darkened the mood even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom