• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmax

Anyone seen the records Moyes has broken this season?

United are guaranteed to finish the season with their lowest ever Premier League points tally
United fail to qualify for the Champions League for the first time since 1995
United's worst home league form for over a decade
Suffered three defeats in a row for the first time since 2001 this season
Eliminated in the FA Cup third round - something which happened just once under Ferguson
First ever home defeat to Swansea this term
First home defeat to Newcastle since 1972
First home defeat to West Brom since 1978
First league defeat to Stoke since 1984
First time United conceded a first-minute goal in the Premier League - Dzeko for City
First time Man City & Liverpool have beaten United home & away since Premier League's inception
First time Everton, Man City & Liverpool have beaten United home & away since Premier League's inception
First time Everton have beaten United home and away since 1969-70
First time Everton & Liverpool have ever done a league double over United in the same season

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2014/04/20/4765537/the-full-list-of-records-broken-by-moyes-as-manchester

Miles-WUT.gif

Blablurn

Screen-Shot-2013-10-30-at-13.12.26.png

Yes, she set off her rape alarm. Yes, she toe-punted me in the bollocks. Yes, I'm on trial for attempted sexual assault. But to look at the positives, it was better than last time, and on another day things would have gone my way

imagine wayne rooney browses the internet and sees this picture. no wonder why nobody respects moyes anymore.

Why did Goodison boo moyes?

- he gave them 6 points this season
- gave Arsenal only 1
- they got Martinez because he left
- gave them 27 million pounds for a turd

Still one of Evertons best assets.

Anyone seen the records Moyes has broken this season?
And still 4 more games to go, he can squeeze a few more in.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
ffs he's still here

Doesn't Moyes have a Pardew-esque contract? It's going to cost a lot of money to sack him.

It is amazing how the instant Fergie retires United plummet to mid-table and Liverpool win the league.

WJD

Doesn't Moyes have a Pardew-esque contract? It's going to cost a lot of money to sack him.

It is amazing how the instant Fergie retires United plummet to mid-table and Liverpool win the league.

6 years was just a PR play, I'll be incredibly surprised if there aren't various clauses for early termination and severance packages.

LTWheels

Based on how our midfield collapsed and we stopped being able to control the game against Norwich, I still think Henserson's suspension will cost is the title.

It also doesn't help that Suarez is off form and he recently has been losing the ball too much when he attempts things. Also without Sturridge yesterday, we has no hold up play.

I hope we don't play a diamond against Chelsea as I can see William and Salah giving us trouble out wide with their pace. Norwich were able to stretch is left an digger after they changed their formation to double up on the width.

sohois

I think I avoided really making predictions, save that Tottenham would be weaker without Bale regardless of signings. Did ok there.

Feorax

Based on how our midfield collapsed and we stopped being able to control the game against Norwich, I still think Henserson's suspension will cost is the title.

It also doesn't help that Suarez is off form and he recently has been losing the ball too much when he attempts things. Also without Sturridge yesterday, we has no hold up play.

I hope we don't play a diamond against Chelsea as I can see William and Salah giving us trouble out wide with their pace. Norwich were able to stretch is left an digger after they changed their formation to double up on the width.

The problem was that we missed Sturridge more than Henderson IMO. Allen filled in fantastically for Henderson, but Lucas still hasn't got used to his new box to box role yet. We also really missed Sturridge's hold up play, as you say.

Ideally, next week we'll play 4-3-3, with a midfield of Gerrard, Allen and Coutinho, and a front line of Suarez, Sterling and Sturridge.

subtles

Post hoc, ergo propter hoc

etc, etc

We've talked about this before

but

to reiterate

Our midfield had collapsed plenty of times this season with Henderson on the pitch.

While his pressing would have helped, Henderson couldn't have stopped the needless errors we were committing + bad positioning/decisions from some players when recycling the ball.

Mastadon

Banned
Predictions for 14/15:

1. Liverpool
2. Sunderland
3. Crystal Palace
4. Man City
5. Leicester

-

17. Man Utd
18. Stoke
19. Burnley
20. QPR

Arnie

So I predicted the Rodgers/Henderson revolution, is that what you're saying Nathan? In fairness I changed my Mac wallpaper to Brendan overlooking Melwood on the day he signed and I've not been compelled to change it since.

I also wrote that thing about Spurs being fucking mugs for choosing AVB over Rafa. And they were. Spurs would've crept ahead of Arsenal this season with Rafa in charge.

He'd have at least spent the Bale dosh on humans.

Salazar

:lol

Lamela is mental rubble hair-gelled into a humanoid likeness under Sherwood.

Moyes would actually kill him. The experience would end his life.

Wilbur

Banned
So I predicted the Rodgers/Henderson revolution, is that what you're saying Nathan? In fairness I changed my Mac wallpaper to Brendan overlooking Melwood on the day he signed and I've not been compelled to change it since.

I also wrote that thing about Spurs being fucking mugs for choosing AVB over Rafa. And they were. Spurs would've crept ahead of Arsenal this season with Rafa in charge.

He'd have at least spent the Bale dosh on humans.

You were disappointed at a time that you were looking at Martinez and B-Rod instead of going for AVB so I'd calm it, friendo

Oi 3Sixty, I had a dream last night that Southampton beat Bayern 5-1 and then I woke up and I had predicted the result and I put a bet on it and then I had this awareness my alarm was about to go off but I had another hour in bed and then I woke up for real and it turned out I didn't have another hour in bed.

Arnie

But I thought the whole controversy was the Bale money being spent on players AVB didn't want.
If you just grunt like a smelly badger it's hard for anyone to know what you want. Board, director of football, and fans.
You were disappointed at a time that you were looking at Martinez and B-Rod instead of going for AVB so I'd calm it, friendo
Shit, I've been rumbled.

Abandon ship.

I just had a horrible dream that caused me to wake up almost crying. It was madness. Horrible stuff. My heart was racing faster than Andros Townsend facing a byline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom