• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidye

hey guys....what do you do so?

y97K3My.jpg

enjoying your sun...ehhhmmm...monday?
best player in bundesliga

sohois

If you just grunt like a smelly badger it's hard for anyone to know what you want. Board, director of football, and fans.

Shit, I've been rumbled.

Abandon ship.

I just had a horrible dream that caused me to wake up almost crying. It was madness. Horrible stuff. My heart was racing faster than Andros Townsend facing a byline.

Was it Moyes as Liverpool manager?

3Sixty

Oi 3Sixty, I had a dream last night that Southampton beat Bayern 5-1 and then I woke up and I had predicted the result and I put a bet on it and then I had this awareness my alarm was about to go off but I had another hour in bed and then I woke up for real and it turned out I didn't have another hour in bed.

Lol.

I doubt we'd win but probably have more possession than Bayern

subtles

Diego Costa vs Chelsea.

Not in our colors, unfortunately.

This stage of the CL rarely disappoints.

Brendan will hopefully be studious at that stadium.

Ryder

I think people here are being harsh on Rooney, you can tell he is injured atm. Hes to crocked to walk around for 90 mins let alone play football.

He should be rested for the rest of the season and prepare for the World Cup. Fans will be pissed if he goes underdone.

Marc

Lol.

I doubt we'd win but probably have more possession than Bayern

More possession, against Pep?

He would kill himself, or put a 50 million bid in for Lallana.

Season is so close to finishing, and the world cup around the corner. Gone well quick. Need to do a Tonya Harding on Rooney for the good of mankind.

Wilbur

Banned
Twitter's poppin OFF

@rioferdy5: Frustration & disappointment sums up the season so far. #Mufc

@jadesky725: @rioferdy5 retire your shit

Elchele

I went back to see if I could find some quotes from FootyGAF saying Rodgers was a bad choice, but even found myself saying it was top. Arnold said he and Henderson would come good. Shame. I was hoping for some crow eating

fuck life

this is all i have now

It will be fun enough to see Jack and bla eating their words after the innevitable meltdown

I think people here are being harsh on Rooney, you can tell he is injured atm. Hes to crocked to walk around for 90 mins let alone play football.

He should be rested for the rest of the season and prepare for the World Cup. Fans will be pissed if he goes underdone.

If he was injured he wouldn't be able to kick a ball like that. For example, the Bayern game where everyone said he was unfit. He took United's corners, ran all game, and had no problem kicking the ball. The only reason people say he looked unfit was because he bottled it whenever he was in a scoring opportunity.

Yesterday was a typical shit game for Rooney. I was actually more frustrated at his positioning and his selection of passing rather than his execution.

Twitter's poppin OFF

@rioferdy5: Frustration & disappointment sums up the season so far. #Mufc

@jadesky725: @rioferdy5 retire your shit

"Shut Up." - some twitter person

My sides.

TeddyBoy

The problem was that we missed Sturridge more than Henderson IMO. Allen filled in fantastically for Henderson, but Lucas still hasn't got used to his new box to box role yet. We also really missed Sturridge's hold up play, as you say.

Ideally, next week we'll play 4-3-3, with a midfield of Gerrard, Allen and Coutinho, and a front line of Suarez, Sterling and Sturridge.

It's basically this, Allen was playing fine yesterday, just Lucas was awful. With Sturridge and Henderson out, it really exposed the holes in this Liverpool team, with Sturridge returning though it'll paper over the cracks again until the end of the season.

Moses did well when he came on, should of played him at the start since Coutinho never seems to travel well away from home.

Hopefully next season a midfield three of Lucas, Gerrard and Allen is our secondary midfield with some incoming transfers.

Hixx

Beat Chelsea and then 2 days later Scarlett Johansson gets her top bollocks and her front bottom out for the world to see.

Nice weekend.

Elder Scrolls Online is a train wreck
Seemed to get most of my data back, probably lost one directory of old work photos and some old university work. I recovered them, but I not confident the files are repairable. Though I'm pretty sure I have most of it backed up on my old computer.

Steam games that weren't deleted are being recognised as there when it checks for files already present so I won't break my ISP this month.

WARNING!!!!

If you happen to install ESO from disk and choose not to install it on your primary C: drive, let's say your f: drive, ensure you add a directory like f:eso. If you just select f: which is the default setting and hit install the first thing it will do is delete everything in the f: directory, no warning, no are you sure, all gone! So dumb.

Feorax

Forgetting about the PL for now, LFC just got Champions League football, so, will this entice any players to come join LFC, or Suarez to stay?

The only club Suarez would leave us for right now would probably be Madrid, and I can see that transfer being unlikely considering how much they just spunked on Bale, and that we'd probably ask for more than that. Much more likely they'll try for Aguero, but even that would be difficult for them.

We still won't have our pick of whatever players we want, it will require consistent CL campaigns and winning trophies over the next few years for that to happen, but we will be in a position where we could convince a top quality player without having to pay through the nose for wages as compensation for not being able to offer top level football.

kmax

Forgetting about the PL for now, LFC just got Champions League football, so, will this entice any players to come join LFC, or Suarez to stay?

Definitely. Suarez main problem was that he wanted to play Champions League football. Now that Liverpool's heading there, I see no reason for him to leave any time soon. Pool hasn't been this good in years, so I definitely think that Suarez will stay around after having fought in the trenches.

As for alluring other quality players, I think it's fair to say that both Liverpool and Atletico Madrid have become much more attracting for world class players. Both teams have made an impact seemingly out of nowhere and are now both one of the strongest teams in Europe. It's important though that both stay consistent, as we've seen teams rise and fall relatively quickly.

caramac

It's basically this, Allen was playing fine yesterday, just Lucas was awful. With Sturridge and Henderson out, it really exposed the holes in this Liverpool team, with Sturridge returning though it'll paper over the cracks again until the end of the season.

Moses did well when he came on, should of played him at the start since Coutinho never seems to travel well away from home.

Hopefully next season a midfield three of Lucas, Gerrard and Allen is our secondary midfield with some incoming transfers.

I don't see Gerrard as part of any secondary midfield next season.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
arnold why do u have a guitar in ur bedroom m8

my world is falling apart

were u a failed musician? it all makes sense now :(

Arnie

arnold why do u have a guitar in ur bedroom m8

my world is falling apart

were u a failed musician? it all makes sense now :(
I play guitar, have since I was about 14. I enjoy playing and learning music. I just fucking hate people talking about it like it's some bottomless abyss of emotion and meaning. It is what it is, fun to listen to, fun to play.

A bit of fun.

Tedious topic of conversation because people treat it as more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom