• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

Some quotes from The Times, sums up yesterday well http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/public/football/article4068041.ece

“Moyesie, give us a wave,” they chanted, gleefully. It was mocking, it was crowing. In fewer than 90 minutes, Moyes had gone from a target of hate to a figure of fun. There is nothing more damning than that.

The gulf between Moyes’s new team and his old team was staggering, humiliating. The Scot left Goodison Park last summer believing he could take the club no farther. What became clear here is that he had taken himself as far as he could. Those are not the same thing. Not at all.

WJD

I play guitar, have since I was about 14. I enjoy playing and learning music. I just fucking hate people talking about it like it's some bottomless abyss of emotion and meaning. It is what it is, fun to listen to, fun to play.

A bit of fun.

Tedious topic of conversation because people treat it as more than that.

When me, you and Nathan are living together we can start a band. I'll play drums and he can sing, obvs.

FootballFan

that woman is such a hot piece of milf ass i'm immediately hard just from hearing that god awful accent

i want her to walk in on me while i masturbate and i get freaked out and embarrassed because she caught me but then she tells me it's okay that's it's natural and that i'm a young boy getting to know my own body (i'm 25 but she won't know this because i look so young) and then she comes over and says i shouldn't be ashamed and all this time i'm covering it up with this civil law text book that i'm supposed to be reading and she says she wants to see it but i say no but she insists and then i show it to her and then she's like wow bud you're a big guy and i say for you and then she strokes it sucks it and lets me fuck her and we have a good time and this is the start of our cougar cub relationship and she turns me into a proper man and a fantastic lover and all the women i have sexual relations with in the future will benefit greatly from this

fucking lol.

not even 1 comma.

Arnie

When me, you and Nathan are living together we can start a band. I'll play drums and he can sing, obvs.
Be fun. We'll have a big living room with all our instruments and a fuck off telly for football. And our consoles. We can mope in our undies playing Titanfall before Liverpool play the CL semi-final.

That second Times quote. C H R I S T

WJD

Be fun. We'll have a big living room with all our instruments and a fuck off telly for football. And our consoles. We can mope in our undies playing Titanfall before Liverpool play the CL semi-final. nope

That second Times quote. C H R I S T

fucking heavenly

Feorax

michael owen ‏@themichaelowen 4m
The banter at football clubs never changes!!!

BlvggQRCIAAbshM.jpg

/dead

Salazar

Telegraph "Who could replace Moyes" article

Don't read it

Klopp :lol
Blanc :lol
Simeone :looooool
Interim-Giggs Jesus fucking christ. But I'd probably take it to get Moyes and his scumtwat entourage on the next minibus to Fulham.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Behrami vs Inler's agent.

He also commented on the ugly row that has broken out between him and Inler, based on his teammate’s agent making disparaging comments about his performance.

“Inler’s agent really disappointed me, because at that moment I had given my all on the field. Gokhan should’ve resolved the situation with a Tweet. The fact he did not do that really let me down.

“Our rapport has changed after that affair.”

Shameful really. And they're both Swiss too.

I play guitar, have since I was about 14. I enjoy playing and learning music. I just fucking hate people talking about it like it's some bottomless abyss of emotion and meaning. It is what it is, fun to listen to, fun to play.

A bit of fun.

Tedious topic of conversation because people treat it as more than that.

I play for fun too, but I'm not that good yet. I can sing for you guys after Nathan hits puberty though!

bud23

Bud said:
that woman is such a hot piece of milf ass i'm immediately hard just from hearing that god awful accent i want her to walk in on me while i masturbate and i get freaked out and embarrassed because she caught me but then she tells me it's okay that's it's natural and that i'm a young boy getting to know my own body (i'm 25 but she won't know this because i look so young) and then she comes over and says i shouldn't be ashamed and all this time i'm covering it up with this civil law text book that i'm supposed to be reading and she says she wants to see it but i say no but she insists and then i show it to her and then she's like wow bud you're a big guy and i say for you and then she strokes it sucks it and lets me fuck her and we have a good time and this is the start of our cougar cub relationship and she turns me into a proper man and a fantastic lover and all the women i have sexual relations with in the future will benefit greatly from this

fucking lol.

not even 1 comma.

Amazing. I wonder who is more successful with women, Bud or John Flanagan.

Legit question. Dani alves dated Bar refaeli. Never forget.

kmax

Simone and Klopp aren't going anywhere. They have much more exciting and less stressful jobs over at their respective clubs.

Barca and United will have to dig somewhere else.

K1LLER7

Van Gaal is a legit possibility.

If Moyes was to get fired tomorrow (lol), I Wouldn't mind G.Nev taking over till the end of the season. Rather him than Giggs. Picture Giggs as the type to play Young every week.

Arnie

I think United could lure Simeone at the season's end, provided Atletico win something. Someone gets to go out on a high and go to a prestigious club which doesn't have to sell their best assets at the end of each season.

Do I think United will go for him? No chance.

I think United could lure Simeone at the season's end, provided Atletico win something. Someone gets to go out on a high and go to a prestigious club which doesn't have to sell their best assets at the end of each season.

Do I think United will go for him? No chance.

There is a suggestion that Fergie and co won't be involved in the decision at all - if that's the case, I can see Simeone being someone they'd consider.

But he needs Duolingo ASAP.

I think a bigger problem might be other clubs wanting him ahead of us.

Liverpool definitely need more depth for next season. Some of their better PL players have never played CL football. They'll have to put more of their eggs in different baskets next year. More games a season and more games tightly packed around crucial periods in the season.

PL itself will be even more competitive next year. Man Utd and Chelsea will both have clear outs. Chelsea in particular will actually have a strike force. I'd imagine they'll sell off Torres, Ba, Mikel, Cole will leave, and loan players like Romeu, Lukaku etc will go, raising the funds to make a decent enough dent in the fees needed to buy Costa or Falcao.

I hope Everton keep up their progress. It'll be hard, but I've always quite liked them. They've always been one of the clubs I've thought could beat anyone on any day.

Tottenham will be the most aggrieved this year. Liverpool have basically done what they long term planned for, only without the tens of millions and arsehole chairman.

Clegg

There is a suggestion that Fergie and co won't be involved in the decision at all - if that's the case, I can see Simeone being someone they'd consider.

But he needs Duolingo ASAP.

I think a bigger problem might be other clubs wanting him ahead of us.
Barca is the only club I think could be a bigger lure.

Unless Bayern and Madrid both sack their managers at the end of the season.

Arnie

Liverpool definitely need more depth for next season. Some of their better PL players have never played CL football. They'll have to put more of their eggs in different baskets next year. More games a season and more games tightly packed around crucial periods in the season.

PL itself will be even more competitive next year. Man Utd and Chelsea will both have clear outs. Chelsea in particular will actually have a strike force.

I hope Everton keep up their progress. It'll be hard, but I've always quite liked them. They've always been one of the clubs I've thought could beat anyone on any day.

Tottenham will be the most aggrieved this year. Liverpool have basically done what they long term planned for, only without the tens of millions and arsehole chairman.
So this is the order of play for Liverpool's summer:

- Rodgers signs a five year contract with huge control over transfers
- Liverpool sign four top players

Four is enough with our current squad and the youngsters coming through.

sounds good to me. Get new RB and LB and a Left Wing. Don't think keeping Moses is the best option imo, try and get Muniain if possible.

I think you'll need more than that to be very competitive in the PL, FA cup, League Cup, and Champions League. They'll get more injuries for certain and some of the quality players like Henderson might not be cut out for the champions league. He's been great this year but keeping that up over a longer season where he'll be expected to play even better is another thing altogether. Same for Sterling. Even Sturridge may struggle.

Arnie

sounds good to me. Get new RB and LB and a Left Wing. Don't think keeping Moses is the best option imo, try and get Muniain if possible.
I really hope that Schmelzer link is genuine. He'd be perfect for us, especially given the similarities in play between current Liverpool and Dortmund.

Then Flanagan can push across, especially with Enrique coming back.
First day of work after a 4 day mini-vacation.Kill me,pls.
I've got my first day back since Thursday tomorrow, but then I'm off for three days because it's my birthday.

yeerrrrrsssss

All in the build up to Chelsea. Considering jumping on a bus down to Anfield on the Sunday just to get involved in that Anny Road agro pre-match. Don't even have (and have no chance of getting) a ticket.

Arnie

I think you'll need more than that to be very competitive in the PL, FA cup, League Cup, and Champions League. They'll get more injuries for certain and some of the quality players like Henderson might not be cut out for the champions league. He's been great this year but keeping that up over a longer season where he'll be expected to play even better is another thing altogether. Same for Sterling. Even Sturridge may struggle.

Henderson, Sturridge and Sterling will be just fine in the Champions League. These are some of the most promising young footballers in Europe who're far below their potential peak playing under one of the top five current coaches in world football. They'll adapt and grow. Plus they're fucking good, if Biscan and Traore and Kewell can do it then christ, these lads will have a whale of a time.

You might be right about needing more players, though. Four was just my guess, Brendan knows better than either of us and what Brendan wants, Brendan gets. We'll be just fine. Don't you worry.

I am watching the Everton Man United Match on a replay.
Really excited!
The Ev were glorious.

Absolutely glorious.

Now go batter City and we'll hug.

faridmon

The minority who booed Moyes were just stupid idiots. He did make a stupid move here and there, but you can't just ignore the 11 years he have been with us and made us a cohesive team from a relegation candidate team.

Sometimes I am ashamed of a lot of Everton fans out there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom