• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
tumblr_n4ahvkHCJs1s8z5rho1_400.gif

tumblr_n4cl9rblUC1s8z5rho2_400.gif

Secret agent Baldini.
Lol, that's just wrong. Roma infected cunt.

hahahaha INNIT!

when are they going to unlock your DS2? Go for a hybrid Katana/Hexer build, it's too fucking overpowered. :p

Feorax

People forget, we've got the loanees coming back too. Suso, Borini, Wisdom, Ibe and Ilori could all play a part next season.

There's five very capable players added to the squad for free.

If we add 4 or 5 players to that, then even if we sell 3 or 4, surely that's enough depth?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm not sure, on the 25th I think?

I'm definitely going with a mixed classes character this time around!

My build is brilliant, but with the exception of the HIGH END spells, it was really fucking boring 90% of the time. You can go Pyro even with melee, it's heavily dependent on the glove this time around.

25th? One day after we lose to Benfica, that ought to cheer ya up!

Arnie

People forget, we've got the loanees coming back too. Suso, Borini, Wisdom, Ibe and Ilori could all play a part next season.

Aye, it sounds like nonsense but I have no doubts that Rodgers can get them lads playing to a high level in our system. Wisdom and Ibe definitely. Wisdom has the raw attributes and mental strength like Flanagan, and he's been fucking top for Derby. 12 months ago I'd describe Ibe as more promising than Sterling, which goes to show just how good he can be.

Suso you know I love, but he's had a polarising season in Spain. I just hope he isn't too slow for us, and I do have questions over his capacity to learn, which is the key reason why players like Flanagan have come on so much under Rodgers.

Borini will always have a place in my heart and I want him to just come back into the squad because he's better than Aspas.

I'm genuinely rather surprised that Chelsea were as competitive as they were this season, given the absence of high quality striking options. Their midfield has been under tremendous pressure this year to basically do everything. They've been fantastic against the big teams, they've lost it against the lower down the division sides.

If they get one or two strikers that are capable of holding up a ball and getting in defenders faces, players like Hazard, Oscar, Willian and Ramires will be free to be a bit more creative. At times it felt like Hazard and Willian were too well aware that there was no-one in front of them and if they lost the ball they'd have to leg it back.

Someone physical up front will cause problems for the more physical teams further down the table.

Matic helped immeasurably. Really impressed with him.

As for my beloved West Ham, we'll just get shit loanees again. Really pleased with Adrian this year. I thought Jussi would be big shoes to fill.

Walshy

So this is the order of play for Liverpool's summer:

- Rodgers signs a five year contract with huge control over transfers
- Liverpool sign four top players

Four is enough with our current squad and the youngsters coming through.

If we add 4 or 5 players to that, then even if we sell 3 or 4, surely that's enough depth?
I don't think four would be enough. I'm fully expecting the following to leave in the summer:

- Iago Aspas will probably go back to Spain, due to his lack of playing time and his failure to make an impression.
- Coates and Kelly will probably leave. Coates is already on loan in National in Uruguay, I can't remember the last time I seen Kelly on the subs bench.
- Moses will definitely go back to Chelsea. Same with Cissokho to Valencia.
- I don't think Johnson will sign an contract extension either. I can also see Toure or Agger leaving.
- Loan-wise, I think only Ilori, Suso and Wisdom have a chance of making the squad for next year. The others will likely be loaned out again (like Ibe and McLaughlin) to get more experience and the other players will be sold.

That leaves us with a squad like this (bare in mind alot of the players can play multiple positions:

GK: Mignolet, Jones
DL: Enrique
CB: Skrtel, Agger, Sakho, Illori
DR: Flanagan, Wisdom
CM: Allen, Gerrard, Lucas, Henderson, Texieria
AM: Sterling, Coutinho, Alberto, Suso
ST: Suarez, Sturridge.

We need about six or seven players to bolster and fill out the squad if we are fighting in four competitions.

I don't think four would be enough. I'm fully expecting the following to leave in the summer:

- Iago Aspas will probably go back to Spain, due to his lack of playing time and his failure to make an impression.
- Coates and Kelly will probably leave. Coates is already on loan in National in Uruguay, I can't remember the last time I seen Kelly on the subs bench.
- Moses will definitely go back to Chelsea. Same with Cissokho to Valencia.
- I don't think Johnson will sign an contract extension either. I can also see Toure or Agger leaving.
- Loan-wise, I think only Ilori, Suso and Wisdom have a chance of making the squad for next year. The others will likely be loaned out again (like Ibe and McLaughlin) to get more experience and the other players will be sold.

That leaves us with a squad like this (bare in mind alot of the players can play multiple positions:

GK: Mignolet, Jones
DL: Enrique
CB: Skrtel, Agger, Sakho, Illori
DR: Flanagan, Wisdom
CM: Allen, Gerrard, Lucas, Henderson, Texieria
AM: Sterling, Coutinho, Alberto, Suso
ST: Suarez, Sturridge.

We need about six or seven players to bolster and fill out the squad if we are fighting in four competitions.

The idea of relying on Enrique for left back scares me as much as Johnson at right back, we need to offload both and get 2 top quality signing in,our defence especially the flanks is our biggest issue imo.

Feorax

Suso you know I love, but he's had a polarising season in Spain. I just hope he isn't too slow for us, and I do have questions over his capacity to learn, which is the key reason why players like Flanagan have come on so much under Rodgers.

Suso can play in several positions where we lack depth (CM, 10, wide left/right, deep playmaker). The odds of him not being good enough to be a competent 2nd or 3rd choice in all of those positions is pretty slim IMO. I don't think he was that keen on going on loan, which is why he's probably not had the best of seasons in Spain.

Borini is basically a wide man first at this point. I could easily see him being our new Kuyt.

sohois

I doubt Wisdom or Ibe will play much of a role next season; Ibe is still too young and has very limited first team experience. Cameo appearances in some cups and as a sub or a loan for him. Wisdom has been playing much more regularly for Derby but the issue is many of those games have been at RB. At centre back is where he is needed, at the moment I expect one of Ilori or Wisdom to take up the 4th choice role but I think Ilori is more likely. Though he has had limited game time, playing CB in La Liga is better preparation.

Suso is the only loan player who I can see making a decent contribution, but he could equally be sold off so who knows. Borini will replace Aspas, which is to say make pretty much no appearances as 3rd choice. Maybe Robinson or McLaughlin could make a surprise charge at the FB positions but I expect Robinson to go on a PL loan and McLaughlin to be similar to Ibe.

Walshy

Yeah, got it on LFCTV.

Should be a good match. Suspect the internationals are going to steamroll the local lads though :p
Got it on BT Sports myself.

Great to see Anfield packed for a charity match. Luis Garcia will probably score, I think he only just retired.

Jari Litmanen starts? hnng.

Why would any organised club sack a manager in December? Think about that one for a second.

Well because I don't think he'll get sacked now, I think he'll be given a chance to develop his team over the summer. But the question is how long can United afford to keep him if he gets off to another bad start, a fresh face in December should give United a chance to turn this hypothetical season around.

Moyes subs players like I do in FIFA. Lose track of time, forget to make early subs, just throw as many forwards on as possible, never touch tactics button.

L1NETT

Big games for those at both ends of the Champ table

Away to Wednesday Wilbz, can't see you getting much unless Wednesday are on holiday already.

Ours is a bit of a nothing game away at Swindon, Reach's last game on loan. THey are hunting the playoffs, probably a snore draw.

good luck championship/L1/L2 folks.

Walshy

I'm disappointed with the lack of Cisse, Heskey and Baros in either side.

The 01/02 season striking option was bizarre. Still gutted we never kept Anelka.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom