• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohois

Levy you'd better be on the phone to LVG right now. We only have hours left before Moyes gets sacked, DO SOMETHING.

Time for Levy to once again show his negotiating superiority over Woodward? Tbh, I could easily see Utd scambling around in the summer for managers who have no interest in coming like Klopp - just as they did with Fabregas last season - and Tottenham being able to grab LVG.

Utd just have to hope they don't end up with a Fellaini this time round

JonnyBrad

Yes, he's gone.

Times saying Giggs will be in charge until the end of the season, which could be a laugh. Be interesting if Barcelona and United go for Klopp. Simeone is realistic but whether he's ready to manage at United is another story.

Simeone doesn't speak a word of English does he?

521FL9c.jpg

Scum

I think if the story hadn't leaked, he would have been sacked at the end of the season.

But it's out there now, and you can't have a confirmed dead-man walking as manager. It's weird enough that Spurs are doing it.

I reckon he'll be gone by the end of the day.

Well, to be honest, the manager that Levy wants still has a job to do.

sohois

Feel a bit sorry for him.

He'll always be remembered as 'that guy that flopped at Man Utd' now. Where does he go from here?

Can see him ending up as Scotland national manager for a spell, maybe managing Celtic or Rangers for a time. Probably won't want the step down in England and I doubt any high profile side in Europe will be ringing him up.

D_prOdigy

And they all are going to after this season. So let them do gods work.

Aye, I want it to be Klopp's first day; Rio and Patrice roll up to Carrington with a spring in their step, shit-eating grins abound.

"Hey boss, welcome to Manchester United! So what's on the agenda for today?"

"Haha! Fuck off."

Arnie

It fucking bemuses me that Frank De Boer isn't linked.

He'd be a better choice than most. Plays boss football with a clear philosophy and has experience in bringing through and improving youth.

But no. No link. Laurent Blanc on the other hand...

Rad-

Shame Klopp isn't moving yet. He would be the best fit. Simeone is second best atm so we should throw money at him.

And pls not Van Gaal.

Clegg

Like Arnie said, this is a briefing. If the story was carried by one paper then it's a leak, but every paper has got it at the same time.

Fingers crossed for Klopp. More importantly than getting rid of a horrible, worthless manager, is getting rid of the ridiculous, "chosen one" anointment. SAF is a legend, but Moyes was never the right choice. No war chest is going to change that.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Like Arnie said, this is a briefing. If the story was carried by one paper then it's a leak, but every paper has got it at the same time.

Yeah, this is what happened with Sherwood. Levy told him he was out and then the club briefed the big outlets.

He'll probably be gone within a couple of hours. Maybe he can go to Newcastle or something.

sohois

It fucking bemuses me that Frank De Boer isn't linked.

He'd be a better choice than most. Plays boss football with a clear philosophy and has experience in bringing through and improving youth.

But no. No link. Laurent Blanc on the other hand...

The owners aren't going to hire anyone who isn't either already a big name or a club legend. They could probably do very well getting someone in like De Boer but he's just not famous enough a name.

Interesting Sky have not gone Breaking News crazy yet. Thought they'd have Jim White having a stroke and Hayley McQueen stripping as they made everything on the screen yellow by now,

Blablurn

Fingers crossed for Klopp. More importantly than getting rid of a horrible, worthless manager, is getting rid of the ridiculous, "chosen one" anointment. SAF is a legend, but Moyes was never the right choice. No war chest is going to change that.

that chosen one poster in the stadium is so embarrassing

Clegg

Yeah, this is what happened with Sherwood. Levy told him he was out and then the club briefed the big outlets.

He'll probably be gone within a couple of hours. Maybe he can go to Newcastle or something.
Ian Ladyman, a pretty good journo for United news, thinks it could happen as soon as today.

Arnie

Club's told papers to run the story on the dot at 2:15pm. Embargoed. Given each paper enough time to write it all up exactly how they want it, including managers linked (they're from the club, too).

Be surprised if Moyes sees out the day, let alone the week.

And United are going in hard for Klopp by the sounds of it.

Scum

Club's told papers to run the story on the dot at 2:15pm. Embargoed. Given each paper enough time to write it all up exactly how they want it, including managers linked (they're from the club, too).

Be surprised if Moyes sees out the day, let alone the week.

And United are going in hard for Klopp by the sounds of it.

Damn!

LegoArmo

So when Neil Lennon fucks off to Championship side Norwich with that idiot Hooper, maybe Celtic can become the new Moyes bhoys. He literally can't fail there.

Can see him ending up as Scotland national manager for a spell, maybe managing Celtic or Rangers for a time. Probably won't want the step down in England and I doubt any high profile side in Europe will be ringing him up.
Yeah, probably.

---

What are the chances of them getting Klopp?

L1NETT

Solskjaer do me a favour haha. Would be feckin awful.

Would love to see Klopp in the Prem.

I think Woodward is currently furiously google translating "Would you like to our next manager" into German.

Henry Winter says United are hiring Giggs as long-term manager.

YES GIGGS.

Oh dear

Oh dear Oh dear

Club legends don't always work. Especially if they've never been a fucking manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom