• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmax

commentators in the liverpool game called it hahaha

I'm watching the game too. I'm paraphrasing here, but what he said was:

"The Daily Mail is reporting that David Moyes has been sacked"

It's worth mentioning that nothing has been confirmed yet though, but a sacking seems to be imminent at this point.

bud

giggs has nothing to lose, really. there are only a few games left, and his stature and lack of experience will ensure he'll be able to see the season out without much hassle.

Arnie

Won't be starting list wars but just for the day that's in it, I think United's priorities would look something like this:

Klopp
Van Gaal/Simeone
Giggs

That's exactly what it is.

The club has clearly briefed media outlets - in addition to the Moyes news - that Klopp is their leading target as it stands. Too many outlets have run it for that not to be the case. That word will now spread to Germany which in turn will get the ball rolling on discussions between the club and the man (whether he's inclined to take it is anyone's guess).

And as I said, especially now given United aren't denying the story, Moyes is gone today. There's no way they let him just drive home and have dinner and come in tomorrow to keep training the team. Makes no sense.

Couldn't read on, had to do this..

Hi Jurgen, it's Mr.Woodward here......yes....from Manchester United.....just ringing about a job vacancy?

Fingers crossed for Klopp. More importantly than getting rid of a horrible, worthless manager, is getting rid of the ridiculous, "chosen one" anointment. SAF is a legend, but Moyes was never the right choice. No war chest is going to change that.

Aye, I want it to be Klopp's first day; Rio and Patrice roll up to Carrington with a spring in their step, shit-eating grins abound.

"Hey boss, welcome to Manchester United! So what's on the agenda for today?"

"Haha! Fuck off."

Club's told papers to run the story on the dot at 2:15pm. Embargoed. Given each paper enough time to write it all up exactly how they want it, including managers linked (they're from the club, too).

Be surprised if Moyes sees out the day, let alone the week.

And United are going in hard for Klopp by the sounds of it.

Yeah, probably.

---

What are the chances of them getting Klopp?

ESiT7KY.jpg

I1Lw8pX.jpg

Bumhead

Banned
Big moment for the Glazers as well now this.

Next appointment has to be right.

Like I said yesterday, there are people at Manchester United who have been happy to hide behind Moyes' public failings all season. Nowhere to hide now. Next appointment absolutely has to be on point and United need to get their shit sorted upstairs before the window opens.

New man has to be appointed before the WC. They can't afford to wait until after.

Scum

BBC said:
The Sun's football correspondent Neil Custis on Twitter: Manchester United's board were ready to swing axe after Athens but Sunday's defeat to Everton was the final straw. No longer any faith in David Moyes turning it round.

Clegg

That's exactly what it is.

The club has clearly briefed media outlets - in addition to the Moyes news - that Klopp is their leading target as it stands. Too many outlets have run it for that not to be the case. That word will now spread to Germany which in turn will get the ball rolling on discussions between the club and the man (whether he's inclined to take it is anyone's guess).

And as I said, especially now given United aren't denying the story, Moyes is gone today. There's no way they let him just drive home and have dinner and come in tomorrow to keep training the team. Makes no sense.
Fwiw I think Klopp may be too invested in Dortmund to leave them this summer. Worth a shot though.

But if he says no then they still need to get that new manager in situ pretty sharpish. Can't afford to muck this one up.

Salazar

I fucking love football

Steve Round, pack your bag (10 x white tube sock; 5 x whiteboard marker; 10,000 x failure and shambolic indignity for you and all your actual and potential spawn).

sohois

Big moment for the Glazers as well now this.

Next appointment has to be right.

Like I said yesterday, there are people at Manchester United who have been happy to hide behind Moyes' public failings all season. Nowhere to hide now. Next appointment absolutely has to be on point and United need to get their shit sorted upstairs before the window opens.

New man has to be appointed before the WC. They can't afford to wait until after.

Can't they? They'll be some good managers looking for positions after the World Cup.

No chance we are getting Klopp.

What we need to decide before that even is how this club is going to be run.

It's not a one man job anymore.

Salvadora

Can't believe Moyes is getting the sack.

Like, it was always coming, but it's still a surprise. We won't even get to see what he would have done with £200m, or whatever transfer fund there would have been.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
No chance on Kloppo, even though it makes sense.

LvG would guarantee a nice little Strootman in the summer ;)

-
Man Utd have scored fewer goals at home in the Premier League this season (22) than both West Ham & Stoke

So Liverpool, Everton, Stoke, Crystal Palace and to some extent Southampton are the only clubs in the PL that seem to have any kind of harmony right now? That's pretty f*cked up.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Wonder how much impact Fergie had on the decision, if any

Bumhead

Banned
Can't they? They'll be some good managers looking for positions after the World Cup.

Moyes' first transfer window was an absolute car crash. Combination of managerial change, an unnecessary upheaval of back room staff and Woodward leaving left them chasing shadows and ridiculous targets all window, ending up with the ridiculous Fellaini panic buy.

They absolutely can't repeat that. They need a new manager, a strategy, a clear direction on targets and an agreement on available funds before the window opens. I don't think they can afford to wait until after the World Cup to do that.

I should have known today was going to be a special day. My 30 min Diablo 3 run before work yielded 4 legendary drops, now Moyes getting the axe. Happy 4/21 (21/4 for EU brethren) everyone!

phaze

o_O

Moyes getting sacked already ? Thought he would be given at least the autumn to dig himself out of that hole.

See Gazidis ? This is how you sack a manager.

LegoArmo

wow didn't know this. So Fergie knew he was going to retire before 12/13 season started?

I think he said he decided around Christmas when his wife's sister died, but he wanted to go out on "top" in a sense with one last league title.

So he didn't really lie, so much as a change of plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom