• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumhead

Banned
Charlton back in it.

Hope we stuff them and send them down to be honest. They've been an insufferable bore for us for a few years now.

raven777

I think he said he decided around Christmas when his wife's sister died, but he wanted to go out on "top" in a sense with one last league title.

So he didn't really lie, so much as a change of plans.

oh ok thats more of what I knew. I really think "lie" is a bit too strong in that situation.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
A FIFA agent has suggested Juventus’ key concern this summer won’t be Paul Pogba or Claudio Marchisio, but Antonio Conte.

Conte is still refusing to comment on his future.

hmmmm we need a brave reporter to call him a bald cunt or something in English, I wanna see his facial expression.

kmax

I think the fans and Glazers alike would of accepted a 4th place spot for the Champions League, but they're in no man's land right now with no light in sight. I think the club wants a fresh start coming next season, so this is definitely the right decision. Moyes has proven that he is not the man to lead the club.

United need someone like Klopp or Simone who can inspire them to achieve greatness once again.

Jarnet87

Can't believe Moyes is getting the sack.

Like, it was always coming, but it's still a surprise. We won't even get to see what he would have done with £200m, or whatever transfer fund there would have been.

We got a sample size, and it was an awful one at that. Overpaying for Fellaini and then shelling out a boat load of money for Mata, only to play him out of position. Moyes would have bought big name players just to buy big name players. At least if we get Klopp, Simeone, van Gaal in then they are spending money with a plan in mind.

LegoArmo

oh ok thats more of what I knew. I really think "lie" is a bit too strong in that situation.

I doubt it was much of an issue for Kagawa, but for van Persie, it was probably his last big move, abandoning a club he'd been at for years for a chance to win trophies, and he got one, but he was expecting more success... Not David Moyes to walk through the door 12 months later.

Salazar

United need someone like Klopp or Simone who can inspire them to achieve greatness once again.

10yYfSv.gif

Your pulse does not quicken ?

Omg pls let's steal Mou.

For Chelsea reactions more than anything else.

I would suggest trying for someone more realistic, like Neil Lennon.

Klopp signed a new contract in October and is contracted until 2018 and Moyes was given a 6 year contract (lol). It'll cost a fortune between the two of them.

www.theguardian.com/football/2013/o...w-contract-borussia-dortmund-2018&h=IAQHEEJUZ

There has been lots of reports about there being a break clause in Moysehs contract, meaning they don't have to pay out all his years at all.

LegoArmo

LegoArmo

I don't know what Klopp will think of a future at Dortmund, they're finishing as many points off top as United are, but somehow remain second. Is that not depressing?

SuperHans

Moyes being sacked the day after it became mathematically impossible for United to get 4th seems to imply there was a clause in his contract. Doubt United will have to pay him too much.

Makes sense. It would lessen the blow slightly but buying Klopp out of his contract would still be very costly.

Arnie

So Honigstein and BundesligaGAF are dismissing and laughing at any suggestion that Klopp might be interested in United.

This isn't a loaded question at all but can I ask why?

Gambit

I can understand how happy the United fans must be. Like I was at Klinsmann's exit.

But I do feel for Moyes. Whoever followed Sir Alex had like a 90% chance of failure and 100% of being a let-down in comparison. At least Moyes had the balls to take the job.

There has been lots of reports about there being a break clause in Moysehs contract, meaning they don't have to pay out all his years at all.

There should be. I think most manager contracts have a fixed costs for when the club breaks it. Alan Pardew is hardly going to get 6 years salary if/when he´s fired.

Salazar

Capped at 2 years apparently.

Costs £12m.

Magic.

The Mata blog post graciously farewelling David and wishing him well in his future endeavours is going to utterly break me, :lol

So Honigstein and BundesligaGAF are dismissing and laughing at any suggestion that Klopp might be interested in United.

Honigstein seems to have weird personal beef with Van Gaal, too.

He's too loyal to them IMO.

Don't think it's a matter of not being interested. Just doesn't want to let Dortmund down.

A wonderful man.

SuperHans

I can understand how happy the United fans must be. Like I was at Klinsmann's exit.

But I do feel for Moyes. Whoever followed Sir Alex had like a 90% chance of failure and 100% of being a let-down in comparison. At least Moyes had the balls to take the job.

He was the chosen one. He didn't have a choice.

Clegg

On a human level it's hard not to feel bad for Moyes. Left a steady job where he was respected by his players, fans and board of management for a much bigger one where it soon became obvious that he was totally out of his depth. Now the reputation he built up over the last 10 years is in tatters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom