• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giggs is favourite on Paddy Power. I had completely forgot about Carlos Queiroz, wasn't he being groomed as the replacement for awhile.

83Zj9tj.png

Howard Webb you say?

Chipotle

Should sign a megabucks deal with Sports Interactive and crowdsource every decision (including team talks and press conferences) from football manager.

Clegg

May not be wholly unlikely that Someone could leave Atletico. If he wins the league then where can he go from there? The club is under a mountain of debt and his best players have a habit of leaving for newer pastures.

Not saying that he'll definitely go. It's not impossible that he would leave though.

DKehoe

I feel bad for Moyes but his reactions to some of the Man Utd loses have been underwhelming. He seemed to think they played well against Everton and were unlucky to have not won. He should be pissed off with how the team is doing, not so accepting of it.

Clegg

Apparently he was going to be dismissed tmrw, but might now happen today.

Just fuckin do it.
Then why brief the press today?

Just leaves him in a dead man walking situation forma day. How could you let the staff and players turn up for training knowing that he's a goner?

Meier

He'll still be maybe £12million richer, right?

I'm pretty certain this is just wishful thinking by United fans. I don't believe for a minute he'll get nothing out of years 3-6 when he gets sacked. He may not get the full value of his contract, but there's no way his agent would have agreed to that.

If I could bet on such a thing, I'd put a cheeky tenner on Mancini.

Pennywise

The only one similar to Klopp would be Tuchel from Mainz, but I doubt they're gonna go for him, as he hasn't proven himself at a bigger club.

the press conferences would be fucking gold

Mr. Rhodes you don't have that much previous experience from managing a top club, what will you do to adapt?

-It's all about being tactielleh clever innit. I might not have the experience many would want, but I know about tactics and exploiting opponents weaknesses. Just yesterday I beat this guy in Pokemon despite his being in a far greater level than mine, all about being clever innit.

Clegg

Is Carlos Queiroz on such short odds because of that Red Issue tweet from yesterday?

Seems odd to have him right in the running according to the bookies.

I'm pretty certain this is just wishful thinking by United fans. I don't believe for a minute he'll get nothing out of years 3-6 when he gets sacked. He may not get the full value of his contract, but there's no way his agent would have agreed to that.

If I could bet on such a thing, I'd put a cheeky tenner on Mancini.
Why would United give him a 6 year contract without some kind of security?

The 6 years was for PR purposes. Moyes was getting the United job. I am sure £12m is enough.

FUCK

Unless Giggs is in full time. In which case, lol.

Would dearly love to visit the parallel universe where Moyes is given the summer and a significant warchest to work with.

Wonder how Rodgers handled the post-match yesterday with the players. Hopefully there was 10 seconds of pats on the back and face-strokes, followed by a few hours of firing rockets up everyone's arse. This is the sprint at the end of a marathon, and we're just about staying on our feet.

Meier

Why would United give him a 6 year contract without some kind of security?

The 6 years was for PR purposes. Moyes was getting the United job. I am sure £12m is enough.

It isn't about security. There's no way he risked throwing away his career for what would have amounted to a fairly nominal raise. Everton were already paying him something like £4m as I recall. At a MINIMUM, they'll have to do what City did with Mancini -- pay another year in terms of a buyout, then pay him a salary equal to what he would have been paid if he remains out of coaching. That'd be the ideal scenario since it's unlikely he'd stay out of coaching for that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom