• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews 8m
Our sources are telling #SSN that Moyes could be sacked by Manchester Utd in the next 24 hours - updates on this developing story from 1730

Giggs is favourite on Paddy Power. I had completely forgot about Carlos Queiroz, wasn't he being groomed as the replacement for awhile.

83Zj9tj.png

Ferguson needs to do a Vince McMahon, come storming out of the tunnel, shout at someone to "Give me the mic, dammit" and take back control of his club.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
What's Simeones track record, is it just one good season?

FuturusX

You are all a bunch of vultures. Show some fucking respect..Moyes is human being, the man tried his best. What more do you want?

Stubo

I'm hesitant to believe this until it's on the club website.

He's not really had enough to time judge him properly, but I agree that it's risky to have him at the helm of a summer of big money rebuilding. For that reason perhaps it's for the best.

Ingeniero

You are all a bunch of vultures. Show some fucking respect..Moyes is human being, the man tried his best. What more do you want?
I don´t want him to leave.
For the lols and less competition for us in the top4 fight.

I think Ryan Giggs would be a good replacement if he is sacked.

Stubo

BBC Football - David Moyes: Manchester United 'no comment' on boss rumours
Manchester United are offering no comment on reports that David Moyes is set to be sacked as manager.

Various newspapers have claimed the club will dispense with the Scot's services as early as this week following a poor season.

However, the club declined to comment when contacted by BBC Sport.

Moyes was chosen by Sir Alex Ferguson to succeed him as United manager when he stepped down from the role after 26 years in charge last summer.

The 50-year-old left Everton after 11 seasons saying he could not turn down the opportunity to take over at Old Trafford.

He signed a six-year deal to take over at the Premier League champions and began his job on 1 July.

United, who currently lie in seventh place in the table with four games remaining, are already set to record their lowest points tally ever in the Premier League.

The Daily Telegraph claim Moyes has lost the support of club owners the Glazer family while the Daily Mirror say the United board has decided to cut their losses.

More to follow.

K1LLER7

Gary Lineker ‏@GaryLineker 28m
Always thought the manager's job to have at Manchester United was the one after the one after Sir Alex.

The smallest inkling that he isn't completely out of his league, incompetent, losing the dressing room, not going to waste the "war chest" if given the chance, not consistently breaking all of the wrong records, 4th place? I can go on. He is not top team quality, no amount of time is going to change that. Better sack him now than have him blow the transfer window and another season.

K1LLER7

Rob B. ‏@_Rob_B 12m
Sky saying Moyes could be sacked in the next 24hrs. I'm guessing the Stock Exchange will find out first. That's the rules. #MUFC

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Gary Lineker ‏@GaryLineker 28m
Always thought the manager's job to have at Manchester United was the one after the one after Sir Alex.
Aye, only way is up from here, still no one could have thought this season would be this bad, it's nightmarish, he would have survived if we were a few places higher, even if we hadn't a chance of a title

King_Moc

Banned
Whatever happened to that "form is temporary, class is permanent" rubbish they were spouting when he was terrible initially? Did that go out of the window when he actually started hurting the bank balance?

rodvik

Klopp... Likeable... lol

A cunt of the highest order, only liked cause he beat Bayern. Which to be fair, is a very good reason to like someone, but fuck him.

Yeah but thats like scaling Mount Cunteverest. Its like the biggest there is. That buys him a lot of likeability :)

Mr Cola

Whatever happened to that "form is temporary, class is permanent" rubbish they were spouting when he was terrible initially? Did that go out of the window when he actually started hurting the bank balance?
Chelsea, City would have dumped him at Christmas, he was given far more time than he would at any other big club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom