• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesalr

We really are making an arse of this.

Press have been briefed that he's going so all that's left to do is is to actually terminate the contract. We're probably haggling over the style of severance.

"Mutual consent, David?"

"I don't wanna."

If the press have been briefed, isn't it a bit rookie not to have things agreed? I mean, Moyes can just hold out for whatever he wants now, and United look dysfunctional if they don't get rid soon.

How can you sack a manager whom has broken various records in his first season?

Et tu Wellbeck?

306699_heroa.jpg

Clegg

If the press have been briefed, isn't it a bit rookie not to have things agreed? I mean, Moyes can just hold out for whatever he wants now, and United look dysfunctional if they don't get rid soon.
Thing is though, United are very dysfunctional right now.

Been that way since Fergie and David Gill stepped down. Moyes is gone, he can't possibly come back from this. But the club needs to terminate today. Can't wait around until later in the week. Makes a mockery of the whole situation.

dc89

It may really be the case that United are trying to shame Moyes into resigning just so they can save money. Such a scummy think to do.

Glazers gonna Glazer.

Hiring a replacement for Fergie was their first big decision and they fucked it up. Sure, they took advice from Frogson but that still doesn't diminish their responsibilities.

Scum

Maybe Moyes isn't as daft as we all think. He's probably holding Man Utd to ransom.

NekoFever

I don't think all this having to announce it to the Stock Exchange stuff is technically correct. Pretty sure I saw some sports lawyers talk about it saying it's nonsense.

It's complete bollocks. You have to inform the stock exchange if you're changing executives or directors, but you can do that via a press release. The stock exchange isn't some secret society that has to be informed first – they'd find out at the same time as everyone else.

Telling one group news that might affect the stock price before others opens up all kinds of dodgy insider trading minefields if they want to sell.

Leading Derby backed to the promised land

Would be happy enough with Derby or Wigan from the playoffs. QPR can absolutely fuck off though. Burnley will be a complete non-entity next season I feel, intuitively. Maybe they'll be a surprise, but they have the aura of 'decent start, whipping boys from November onwards' about them. Like Cardiff.

Randdalf

Would be happy enough with Derby or Wigan from the playoffs. QPR can absolutely fuck off though. Burnley will be a complete non-entity next season I feel, intuitively. Maybe they'll be a surprise, but they have the aura of 'decent start, whipping boys from November onwards' about them. Like Cardiff.

Yeah. I don't really see the point of Burnley getting promoted, they should just take the parachute payments and run next season, then target becoming a yo-yo club, like the West Brom of yore.

Moyes is going?

man, if there only was a replacement, a man that just won a title and has proven himself against PL teams over the years...

r

Scum

'Arry to Man Utd...

...and that surprise will be 3pts off us.

faridmon

Watch Burnley take 4 points off Everton next season.

TrueBlue

mou_1519635a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom