• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc

Moyes sacking delayed by the Glazers being unable to get a flight over easter?

Although they must own a private plane surely, that they bought with someone else's money and let others fly it for a fee to pay back the loan.

The time has come for everyone to come out and declare who they want Moyseh's successor to be.

By way of avatar - Simeone.

I want, nay, demand that his successor be none other than the legend that is.... ROY HODGSON. Man United should keep it British for the good of Football.

Moyes goes to Liverpool and England get Rodgers.

Pls

faridmon

Might be a stupid question, but what do managers do when they're unemployed?

Take it they don't nip down to the job centre.

That is an interesting question; The only one I am vaguely know of his whereabouts when he got fired was RDM as he was was actually studying football management by travelling around teh world before he was hired to be an assistant at Chelsea.

Moyes sacking delayed by the Glazers being unable to get a flight over easter?

Although they must own a private plane surely, that they bought with someone else's money and let others fly it for a fee to pay back the loan.

I want, nay, demand that his successor be none other than the legend that is.... ROY HODGSON. Man United should keep it British for the good of Football.

Moyes goes to Liverpool and England get Rodgers.

Pls

I wish Hodgson upon every fan who thinks we didn't give him enough of a chance to succeed here.

frey

Moyes is going?

man, if there only was a replacement, a man that just won a title and has proven himself against PL teams over the years...

r

James May?

While of course, I'd be overjoyed with Simon One, no other names immediately come into mind, which is odd seeing as I should have been drafting my wishlist ages ago.

There's a reason why it was basically just United fans that said that. Same reason we want them to keep Moyes.

Heard it from Arsenal fans and even the odd Chelsea fan. Sometimes, managers just need to be sacked. Stability doesn't mean shit if you're on a flat trajectory flying down the league table.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
FUCKING YES. Safe to live another year in the championship. Now if Sunderland could go ahead and get relegated so I can watch Huddersfield at the stadium of light that would be sweet.

Clegg

Maybe it's just a byproduct of the instant gratification age we live in, but I'm surprised the announcement hasn't been made yet.

Yen

What I find most interesting about this is whether United will give their managers time. I've been saying all along that they'll get an experienced disciplinarian which looks like it will be LVG. He's not going to be there for more than 2 or 3 years, and it's probably safe to posit that he will improve on Moyes, and have them in the top 4. After that, will the United board (and fans) accept any manager that doesn't improve from that point?

Reading that Altidore biography on his official site

Then, in the summer of 2011, Altidore made the full-time switch to AZ Alkmaar, where he cultivated his skills en route to becoming one of the deadliest goal scorers on the planet before being transferred in July of 2013 to Sunderland of the English Premier League.

:lol

Maybe it's just a byproduct of the instant gratification age we live in, but I'm surprised the announcement hasn't been made yet.

Apparantly it's to do with the stock exchange, might not happen till tomorrow now (if it does).

The only reason it makes sense to sack him at this stage is if they have someone lined up to take over straight away...

Marc

I wish Hodgson upon every fan who thinks we didn't give him enough of a chance to succeed here.

My head is still spinning from him being announced as England manager, nobody expected it, I wasn't shocked at the FA doing it as it is a typical move for them. Just still struggling to come to terms with it years later.

So many smart players with great movement and young legs to run all day available and we will play so rigid and negative... agh!! Makes me want to cry, I need a club... even Spurs would be less depressing. No doubt someone like Barkley will be left at home so Milner or some pleb can get in because he can play everywhere (yeah, BADLY! the fucks the point of that?!).

Btw I don't think anyone genuinely thinks that, just on a wind up. Some of the press maybe as they live in their own little world.

Jan Aage Fjortoft @JanAageFjortoft

My source say: - Klopp had an offer from nearly all TopClubs last year. No chance.

I am sure Klopp isn't leaving but just FTR, this dude has an awful track record.

RI are saying that the papers pushed the story early because it was going to leak. Apparently wanted to lead it with in the print editions. Could be wrong of course, but yeah, sounds like this was meant to go down tmrw, not today - which might be why they haven't announced it yet.

You are all a bunch of vultures. Show some fucking respect..Moyes is human being, the man tried his best. What more do you want?

Moyes has the best away record this season. That has to count for something...surely?

He also broke the record for most crosses in a single game.

He just needs another 200 million pounds and and another season to just about make the top 4. Seems like a good plan to me.

If he has been sacked then it's disgrace to football.

We should start a campaign to save Moyes. Twitter or something?

He is in my mind,potentially, the greatest manager UTD could have. He was the chosen one...right?

Dat trolling.

Wesbanthiscunt.gif

Wes pls

i predicted Klopp at United within the next 2 seasons.

let's face it, it's either a shot at glory in the league where even the janitor can win or number 2 behind Pep for eternity.

Scum

Apparantly it's to do with the stock exchange, might not happen till tomorrow now (if it does).

The only reason it makes sense to sack him at this stage is if they have someone lined up to take over straight away...
I don't believe this stock exchange stuff. Seems like someone's only just realised they'll have to pay Moyes off with millions if they sack him and are probably trying to con him into a "mutual consent" deal.

As for lining someone up straight away - they'll just give it to Giggs on a temp basis.

K1LLER7

I am sure Klopp isn't leaving but just FTR, this dude has an awful track record.

RI are saying that the papers pushed the story early because it was going to leak. Apparently wanted to lead it with in the print editions. Could be wrong of course, but yeah, sounds like this was meant to go down tmrw, not today - which might be why they haven't announced it yet.
Can't even fire a manager properly lol

Maybe we'll get the announcement later tonight.

edit: Giggs will be Tim Sherwood 2.0

Arnie

Just checked out Red Issue's Twitter and seen them jumping all over Hillsborough.

Nasty cunts. Bellends of that calibre don't have sources.

Pennywise

Jan Aage Fjortoft @JanAageFjortoft

My source say: - Klopp had an offer from nearly all TopClubs last year. No chance.

His sources ?
Lol...
Klopps adviser Kosicke stated it several times...alot of clubs were pretty aggressive and that Klopp won't breach a contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom