• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakitu

st5fu
West Brom, do they even think they're in a relegation battle? No fight at all, deserve to go down on that performance. Teams like Norwich, Sunderland and Fulham fighting for their lives deserve to stay up ahead of them.

TeddyBoy

I have to seriously ask, how is this team even in the premiership?

To be fair to West Brom, they got blown away in the first 10 minutes and never really got going.

The commentator mentioned how good West Brom's home record is against the top six which is certainly helping their points tally, a more cynical stance is that West Brom's home points is mostly because of how poorly maintained their pitch at the Hawthorne's is which prevents quite a lot of teams from playing football on the turf.

L1NETT

I'm more a fan of UB40.

Old school :)

red red wiiiiiiiiiiine

Who else is there? Ozzy? Tolkein (kind of)? Odd to think in LOTR Tolkein might have imaginged everyone with Brummy accents

Oi Frowdo yaouw goin te Mount Doom, take aar kid

Billy Bragg is the most obvious one i can think of.

Isn't he from the southeast? Might be wrong

Actually no the best thing Birmingham has produced;

Marlon Harewood.

King_Moc

Banned

red red wiiiiiiiiiiine

Who else is there? Ozzy? Tolkein (kind of)? Odd to think in LOTR Tolkein might have imaginged everyone with Brummy accents

Billy Bragg is the most obvious one i can think of.

Ehrefeld, Raderthal, Nippes, Poll, Esch, Pesch und Kalk
Överall jibbet Fans vom FC Kölle...

Welcome back EffZeh! We've all missed your glorious club anthem, that one of a kind mascot Hennes, your silly fans and of course those three points you always drop against us :)

83965625408740highres6ijcx.jpg

It's just a great club.

Nice. Großkreutz is probably really happy right now.

Clegg

Moyes gone tomorrow according to the Telegraph. Giggs and Butt to take over for the rest of the season.

Ian Ladyman of the Mail says Fergie will have no input into the selection of the new manager and that right now United are looking at Van Gaal.

red red wiiiiiiiiiiine

Marlon Harewood.

They like to talk about Birmingham's influence on Middle Earth on local news programs.

Duran Duran, ELO & The Moody Blues were the only other big acts that I could find from Birmingham.

Daniel Sturridge is a Brummie.

faridmon

red red wiiiiiiiiiiine

Isn't he from the southeast? Might be wrong

Marlon Harewood.

Guys, The Beat is from Birmingham. There's no contest here.

I am sorry, but Peace is the best thing that comes out of Birmingham, anything else is a moot.

I mean how can you say no to this groovy funky psychedelia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fcGdDWy6Bs

Scum

Moyes gone tomorrow according to the Telegraph. Giggs and Butt to take over for the rest of the season.

Ian Ladyman of the Mail says Fergie will have no input into the selection of the new manager and that right now United are looking at Van Gaal.

image.php

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

L1NETT

I am enjoying the new Architecture in Helsinki album. Not as good as Moment Bends, but good by its own right.

The last 2 tracks are not good imo!

Finally came around! I really enjoyed it

Was that the sappy autotuned song, didn't care for that.

Oh and me and Linius recommend Familiars (New Antlers album).

Surrender might be my favourite song of the year.

Last recommendation, Magic Man - You are Here EP. Synth-Rock, pretty radio friendly but damn good imo.

They like to talk about Birmingham's influence on Middle Earth on local news programs.

Duran Duran, ELO & The Moody Blues were the only other big acts that I could find from Birmingham.

Daniel Sturridge is a Brummie.

Aston and Middle Earth do share lots of similarities, I'll give them that.

Mordor particularly.

Clegg

faridmon

Finally came around! I really enjoyed it

Was that the sappy autotuned song, didn't care for that.

Those are the two tracks that you would hear from the likes of Backstreat Boys and One Direction

Oh Farid, you hipster

Lol

btw, I have talked to a met of mine about place to stay in London and he have a room for 4. So if you happen to be really interested to go to that festival (and I might as well) then there is a free place for us to stay

I'll make sure L1netts comes as well :p

Arnie

Hearing MNF dissect the title race makes my belly go mad.

If the pressure isn't getting to the players it's getting to me.

Arnie

James Ducker saying it's one year as well.

£4.5 million.

Christ, imagine looking at your bank balance and seeing in excess of that.

Linius

Lol

btw, I have talked to a met of mine about place to stay in London and he have a room for 4. So if you happen to be really interested to go to that festival (and I might as well) then there is a free place for us to stay

I'll make sure L1netts comes as well :p

Thanks, that's good to know!

Lightning

Banned
City need to look at their medical team and the engineer needs a kick up the ass as City have had a horror season with injuries. Aguero, Negredo, Jovetic, Toure, Fernandinho, Nasri, Silva, Nastasic have all suffered injuries that have kept them out for a while. Aguero's case especially, he came back just to pull his hamstring and has now only recently come back again.

Injuries are the main reason I'm pissed at Wenger this season. Midfield, our strongest area, just slaughtered with injuries and 90% of them are his fault. Cunt needs to handle our players with more care.

Salvadora

City need to look at their medical team and the engineer needs a kick up the ass as City have had a horror season with injuries. Aguero, Negredo, Jovetic, Toure, Fernandinho, Nasri, Silva, Nastasic have all suffered injuries that have kept them out for a while. Aguero's case especially, he came back just to pull his hamstring and has now only recently come back again.

Injuries are the main reason I'm pissed at Wenger this season. Midfield, our strongest area, just slaughtered with injuries and 90% of them are his fault. Cunt needs to handle our players with more care.
Welcome back.

Clegg

Van Gaal is 62 so he obv isn't a long term solution. If we get him then he's as good a choice as any to guide the transition of the team. If he can selp establish a solid base in three seasons then he'll have done a good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom