• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

3Sixty

Thought the same.

Seemed a bit forced. Not fair to show up Moyes' United by comparing them to Europe's most intense teams of the last four years.

Showing a clip of United attacking Everton with 9 men behind the ball compared with a clip of BVB 4 on 3 counter attack was odd.

Yes.

He just fouls him with his left leg.

Altidore puts his leg there to get fouled. Or he's just a fucking donkey. But well, nothing can change that now... or the several penalties that the ref, who is always with city trying to gift them the league, overlooked in your match against them.
dPrJaGc.png

doicare

Advantage over what? You've gone loopy.

I'm saying you saw a difference in the amount of injuries we had in Rodgers' first season over Kenny and the Hodge. And we still played in the Europa League which is a similar number of added games.

Calm it.

Link pls
I honestly can't wait for next season when Liverpool have to play the same amount of games as all the other top teams + their luck runs out and they end up with a similar amount of injuries and it costs them points. I'll have my i told you so t-shirt all ironed and ready to wear.

K1LLER7

Man Utd possession compared to Barca's lol.

Highlighted the key issues though. Not enough movement in behind to stretch Everton.

Why do these pundits never say a bad word about Rooney? Messi made a run...why didn't Kagawa, Mata or Nani make a similar run. Jamie, forgets Wayne Rooney was also playing and played the same position as Messi.

Clegg

Independent says decision to sack Moyes was made in February after the defeat to Olympiakos, but the board was waiting until it became mathematically impossible for the club to qualify for the CL.

EmiPrime

If it was such a big advantage, then teams that haven't qualified for Europe would be competing for the league all the time.

Not really the same thing is it!

If City had only the league to compete in with their squad I think they would have gone unbeaten; juggling the league, two domestic cup runs and the CL is another thing altogether. Regularly playing a game mid week and at the weekend is going to take it out on a squad both in terms of fitness and injuries.

Lightning

Banned
One of the things Rodgers did when he came in was bring in and implement his own sports science team to work on preventing injuries through custom training plans.

Worked massively. You just have to look at the number of minutes Gerrard has made under him.
Liverpool been amazing. Proved me wrong and I'm quite happy you're going to win the league. You've shown Arsenal how it's supposed to be done and that you don't need oil money to compete, just good tactics and look after your players.

GET INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Are you still pro-wengy?

Not that it matters. He ain't going anywhere.
I want him to stay. Don't Van Gaal, Klopp is impossible and not convinced Martinez is ready to make the step up. Best stick with Arsene for 2 more years, hope he learns from Liverpool instead of making bullshit excuses (lol), and revisit a manager then. Maybe Martinez would have proved himself a bit more by them.

Lightning is back!!!!1

He went liking Everton, but now, I don't think he can stand us!
Never buddy. Happy for Everton. i was absolutely furious with our Goodison loss and that Wenger could make the same mistake 4 times in a row, fucking guy, but Everton were outstanding but the Palace game showed you not making top 4 this season. You've done well though but Southampton away and City at home will be tough while we play Newcastle and West Brom at the Emirates.

Unbelievable we could concede 20 goals in 4 games and aside from the City game offer nothing going forward. This is a bit much to simply say Ramsey/Ozil weren't playing...

Thanks everyone.

Abraxas

Milch, I don't believe you saw this last time I posted it, but: Is Leitner good enough for the first team football yet? what are klopp's plans for him, could he come to the PL on loan?

subtles

Ronaldo's face when Sterling scores in the 3rd minute.

Henderson chasing Modric.

Scouse Cafu with the Ballon d'Or winner in his pocket.

Them Shaw overlaps.

Football will come to life next season.

Elchele

Milch, I don't believe you saw this last time I posted it, but: Is Laitner good enough for the first team football yet? what are klopp's plans for him, could he come to the PL on loan?

if you meant Leitner, then no. He's not ready for being a starter in any good Bundesliga team.

Linius

Not really the same thing is it!

If City had only the league to compete in with their squad I think they would have gone unbeaten; juggling the league, two domestic cup runs and the CL is another thing altogether. Regularly playing a game mid week and at the weekend is going to take it out on a squad both in terms of fitness and injuries.

I like your avatar.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Ronaldo's face when Sterling scores in the 3rd minute.

Henderson chasing Modric.

Scouse Cafu with the Ballon d'Or winner in his pocket.

Them Shaw overlaps.

Football will come to life next season.
I hope we get you in our group

Salvadora

So this is how the Champions League groups would look if the leagues ended on the 20th of April (99% accurate):
0EMwhko.png

Some tasty possibilities there.

TeddyBoy

I hope we get you in our group

I wouldn't mind getting Juventus in the group stage, two big historical teams going at each other, like the old days.

It would bring up a lot of Heysel memories though, I'd like the club to apologise more for it if we were drawn together. It would help make things right.

doicare

O wow people still think it's a troll to say what i'm saying about Liverpool and injuries? Honestly people please save and bookmark this post and quote me this time next year when Liverpool get at least the same amount of injuries as all the other top teams having to play twice a week and drop points.

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

Linius

There are not enough lols to describe Ajax after the cup final.

Yeah, it perfectly describes our season and also why we'll never advance in the CL with our current squad. They are too fucking inconsistent. Though I have to say that they've played good games in the CL. Only the Barca away game really sucked. But in all the other games we did show up but got unlucky with our finishing (mainly against Celtic in Scotland).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom