• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barzul

Come off it, soft lad

What's Gerrard really bringing to that team, penalties? Ramsey could easily perform Gerrard's defensive duties and get goals too. It's definitely an unpopular opinion, but doesn't make it any less true. Slot Ramsey into the current Liverpool team over Gerrard and you'd have even more points than you do now imo.

wedward

What's Gerrard really bringing to that team, penalties? Ramsey could easily perform Gerrard's defensive duties and get goals too. It's definitely an unpopular opinion, but doesn't make it any less true. Slot Ramsey into the current Liverpool team over Gerrard and you'd have even more points than you do now imo.

Preach/

Ramsey had like 8 good weeks, bro.

kmax

Gerrard!

Because....penalties.

Yen

1) I was just about to make a post saying you'd have to be an utter lobster to think all Gerrard brings to the side is penalties.

2) Ramsey's gong to slot in between the centre backs, yeah?

Arnie

Gerrard's playing a role that casts him as an auxillary central defender for a lot of the match and Arsenal fans are referring to the goals he's scored.

Arsenal fans

Although if you're going to talk about his penalties - because your comprehension of football isn't broad enough to understand what he's been consistently bringing to the best football team in the country - he's scored some pretty fucking important ones under intense pressure that've ensured this 11 match win streak stays intact.

Simply put without his penalties we wouldn't be challenging for the league title. Without Ramsey (not hard to imagine considering he's missed half the season) you'd be where exactly? Fourth. Great.

Barzul

1) I was just about to make a post saying you'd have to be an utter lobster to think all Gerrard brings to the side is penalties.

2) Ramsey's gong to slot in between the centre backs, yeah?
Yeah Ramsey would do that and more. I honestly don't see what Gerrard would do that Ramsey + Toure would not be able to easily handle while providing more offensive potential.

Scum

EPL 14/15 Community Shield
Liverpool v Arsenal - 4pm kickoff SS1

zknS7MG.png

Arnie

Cahill and Terry as CB?

I really disagree with that.

Jones should be there, maybe.

Apart from that, I agree!
Are you talking about Phil Jones?

First Barzul, then this. Throw in some Wedward and it might be time for bed.

Wait, are you joking? I'm lost. Arsenal fans have thrown me.

Wilbur

Banned
He's going.

I have a date with a girl soon.

Moyes is leaving.

I've just earned 75 quid at work.

David Moyes is dead.

I'm seeing Spider-man tomorrow.

Moyeezus is GONE

W H A T

A

T I M E

T O

B E

A L I V E

FuturusX

No way Ramsey makes the defensive blocks that Gerrard has made this season. Nor is his range of passing nearly as good as Gerrard.

But hey it's been a rough season for Arsenal I can see why you might want to shoe horn him into the seasons best 11.

Hixx

Are you talking about Phil Jones?

First Barzul, then this. Throw in some Wedward and it might be time for bed.

Wait, are you joking? I'm lost. Arsenal fans have thrown me.

I wonder if he means Stones. But that would be equally ridiculous.

Arnie

He's going.

I have a date with a girl soon.

Moyes is leaving.

I've just earned 75 quid at work.

David Moyes is dead.

I'm seeing Spider-man tomorrow.

Moyeezus is GONE

W H A T

A

T I M E

T O

B E

A L I V E
Did you see the photo of David Moyes with the Partridge quote?

Because until you have I really don't think you can adequately quantify just how good a day this has been.

Salvadora

No way Ramsey makes the defensive blocks that Gerrard has made this season. Nor is his range of passing nearly as good as Gerrard.

But hey it's been a rough season for Arsenal I can see why you might want to shoe horn him into the seasons best 11.
Ramsey's defensive contributions over the course of his season have been remarkably impressive.

Bit strange you wouldn't recognise that. and instead have that silly 'shoe horn' idea.

Barzul

Gerrard's playing a role that casts him as an auxillary central defender for a lot of the match and Arsenal fans are referring to the goals he's scored.

Arsenal fans

Although if you're going to talk about his penalties - because your comprehension of football isn't broad enough to understand what he's been consistently bringing to the best football team in the country - he's scored some pretty fucking important ones under intense pressure that've ensured this 11 match win streak stays intact.

Simply put without his penalties we wouldn't be challenging for the league title. Without Ramsey (not hard to imagine considering he's missed half the season) you'd be where exactly? Fourth. Great.
Do you even know what point you're trying to make? Without one of our best players we'd be 4th (after being first with said player) , no shit. And with one of yours you're first, no shit.

The first one was really good, and I hate superheroes movies.
Garfield is a charming lad!

One of the worst movies I've watched in ages. There was not a single memorable scene in the whole movie and it was a story I felt I had been told 100 times before, with bland dialogue and an even shittier Spiderman Tobey Maguire's. People give Spiderman 3 a lot of shit, but even with the cringe parts of it, it's way better than the amazing spiderman 1.

FuturusX

Ramsey's defensive contributions over the course of his season have been remarkably impressive.

Bit strange you wouldn't recognise that. and instead have on silly 'shoe horn' idea.

I get it you like Ramsey, but nobody in their right mind puts his contribution over Gerrard this season. Unfortunately he's been injured for far too long. Which pretty much undermines any assessment anyway. But even if you could, the balance of evidence just isn't there. Which makes it seem like a shoe-horn to me.

faridmon

It's alright.

Garfield is a depressing cunt. Much better than Maguire tho lol

Maguire was the emo bellend. Garrfield at least look like he is having fun.

One of the worst movies I've watched in ages. There was not a single memorable scene in the whole movie and it was a story I felt I had been told 100 times before, with bland dialogue and an even shittier Spiderman Tobey Maguire's. People give Spiderman 3 a lot of shit, but even with the cringe parts of it, it's way better than the amazing spiderman 1.

I thought it was way better than any Spiderman movie ever made just because it looked fun. Garrfield jumped up and down and made the whole thing a more energetic than it should be. It may not be memorable, but I thought it was a light hearted take on Spiderman without resorting to any complicated measurement.

Muguire movies tried to be emotional... fuck that shit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom