• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

3Sixty

What do we think of Sky's team of the season?

Blxwho2IcAAgTZv.jpg

Lallana over Sterling.

Nicktendo86

Anyone watch the Tommy cooper thing tonight? Thought it was really good. His death scene was eerie, like exactly the same as the actual footage.

Lightning

Banned
O wow people still think it's a troll to say what i'm saying about Liverpool and injuries? Honestly people please save and bookmark this post and quote me this time next year when Liverpool get at least the same amount of injuries as all the other top teams having to play twice a week and drop points.

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.
Check Chelsea's injury list.

United, CIty and Arsenal need shooting for this many injuries.

L1NETT

Lovren over Cahill.

I'd sneak Mccarthy in there somewhere :p. I've been more impressed Fernandinho than Toure when i've watched them, but I don't watch em every week.

And De Gea. Not havin Marshall for a sec.

King_Moc

Banned
Check Chelsea's injury list.

United, CIty and Arsenal need shooting for this many injuries.

Not much point talking with him about this. Injuries are as much down to the team and their training as they are anything else, but he thinks that everything that goes against his precious Man Utd is just "bad luck". Also, anything positive for any other team is "good luck".

Linius

I know that sounds funny the day after the day we must soon forget. But you also know it's true. Schalke, Shaktar, Basel and Zenit are all clubs we can beat at home. I'm even confident about City, we always play well against UK teams because they can't really cope with our style of play.

Yen

It's important to note that Rodgers is smart when it comes to training and injuries. Next season with CL football, I can't see us ending up like Arsenal of United. Certainly we'll need to make some top signings though, for if big injuries do occur and to allow for better rotation, though I believe through Brendan's coaching, the younger players will be capable of stepping up like RedCafu has.

Eanan

Sneaky outside bet on ancelotti as the new utd manager as we all know how real are with managers. No LA liga or champos and he could well be out.

40/1 I got him at.

dc89

I know that sounds funny the day after the day we must soon forget. But you also know it's true. Schalke, Shaktar, Basel and Zenit are all clubs we can beat at home. I'm even confident about City, we always play well against UK teams because they can't really cope with our style of play.

City v Ajax round two.

I will never forget that match! I was there and I witnessed so many injustici.

Milch, I don't believe you saw this last time I posted it, but: Is Leitner good enough for the first team football yet? what are klopp's plans for him, could he come to the PL on loan?

I even answered :lol

He's having a hard time at Stuttgart, but Stuttgart is shit, so you can't really blame him for still playing like shit every few matches, although he could do better. But it's a 2-year-loan and if Stuttgart isn't getting relegated, he'll be there for another year.

TeddyBoy

It's important to note that Rodgers is smart when it comes to training and injuries. Next season with CL football, I can't see us ending up like Arsenal of United. Certainly we'll need to make some top signings though, for if big injuries do occur and to allow for better rotation, though I believe through Brendan's coaching, the younger players will be capable of stepping up like RedCafu has.

We train a set way with the same team for blocks of five or so games. It's way you don't see many changes to the Liverpool team unless there's an injury.

I'm not sure if this strategy helps us with the increase in midweek games next year, but I trust Rodgers to manage the squad well enough.

Arnie

You'd want one higher profile game though surely.

I mean yeah obv the idea is you get through and play them later...but you'd get through with Basel and PAOK and say...Madrid.
Not arsed about all that, really.

Get through the group. Priority number one. We'd have some boss ties afterwards.
Don't want that cunt hair Svia supports beating you again?
West Brom would go to Zenit and complain about the pitch.

Yen

You'd want one higher profile game though surely.

I mean yeah obv the idea is you get through and play them later...but you'd get through with Basel and PAOK and say...Madrid.

The plan is:

1) Get an easy group
2) Only just scrape through it
3) Go on an increasingly improbable run
4) Piss off Jose Mourinho
5) Win the damn thing

Not arsed about all that, really.

Get through the group. Priority number one. We'd have some boss ties afterwards.

West Brom would go to Zenit and complain about the pitch.

Better get used to it

EcYfzs5.jpg

and if you get CL next year too, you could get lucky and get to experience the beautiful pitches of Denmark.

i73FsZNuJQZ3A.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom