• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol thanks Wooden

anyway, this bit from the Guardian is interesting about Martinez:

At home he has installed an L-shaped sofa in the sitting room, enabling him and his wife Beth to sit together in the evenings while watching separate televison sets. Wearing headphones, Martínez analyses numerous football matches from around the world, with their various tactical nuances sparking his lively imagination.

wedward

Yeah he sure added a lot with his defensive presence, just look at how little they conceded.
NW7OYPJ.png

Didn't think about that. When Ramsey was alive Arsenal had the best defense in the league.

Liverpool have been shipping goals all season with Gerrard as their rock.

About to watch that mad men ep. I hope it's good.

Didn't think about that. When Ramsey was alive Arsenal had the best defense in the league.

Liverpool have been shipping goals all season with Gerrard as their rock.

I'm glad I could assist you in this argument.

Some guy that used to work at Justin.TV I think he's a Twitch Admin these days

Makes sense. Better than them using furry emoticons of each others underaged boyfriends I guess.

milch pls. I probably should have ended in just Firmino to make the joke obvious. But if you were trying to get Kagawa, maybe you're still going to sign a new CAM.

Well, what the hell do I know :lol I bet you actually have some shady sources talking about us signing Firmino or some shit haha

Not sure that being interested in Kagawa means anything, though. Signing Kagawa would mean signing a (potential) world class player for around the price of an Aubameyang, you can't pass on that. For another, more expensive player it would make more sense to wait another year and look how Hofmann develops, if Micky is playing there again and if Reus stays or not.

Meier

Ramsey was unreal this year when he played. Txiki please. Ditch Nasri and give me Aaron.

Silva not being in a team of the year is pretty sad. IMO he was arguably the player of the season when healthy.

Arnie

Gerrard only switched to that new controlling role in January. He's played there for 12 games, the last one being Norwich away. He's played all of those 12 games. The very first was a 2-2 draw with Aston Villa; there were doubts he'd be able to adapt to such a new role so late in his career during a period of intense football.

Would you like me to tell you what happened during the 11 games after Aston Villa?

x1D1jTx.png

Scum

Gerrard only switched to that new controlling role in January. He's played there for 12 games, the last one being Norwich away. He's played all of those 12 games. The very first was a 2-2 draw with Aston Villa; there were doubts he'd be able to adapt to such a new role so late in his career at such a period of intense football.

Would you like me to tell you what happened during the 11 games after Aston Villa?

x1D1jTx.png

You've been a right git since Liverpool ended up top of the league. I hope you lose the Community Shield to Hull when you play them. Cunt.

spidye

I liked moyes

anywho

chelsea's second final in 2 years is getting closer and closer. meanwhile, and I'm not really trying to troll or anything, real (especially ronnie and bale) are goiing to destroy us :(

Salazar

He's going.

I have a date with a girl soon.

Moyes is leaving.

I've just earned 75 quid at work.

David Moyes is dead.

I'm seeing Spider-man tomorrow.

Moyeezus is GONE

Bastard. I have no money, no date, and I've got to play football tonight with legs more fucked than Michael Owen's.

Not arsed about Spiderman.

doicare

You're daft mate.
Are you going to be another one of these posters who tries to claim there's no such thing as a luck in football and injuries don't matter?
the point of football isn't to deserve to win, it's to win.
Unfortunately if you have to rely on luck to win something instead of skill more often than not your luck will run out and you'll end up losing to the better team.

Things are looking up, finally. Moyes out? Yes.

I hope that bastard lands on his feet, but he clearly was the biggest reason why we are at 7th place on the table.

Arnie

I don't think Van Gaal is right for UTD. Someone younger with new ideas. Klopp or bust. Simeone, perhaps.

I agree about LVG. I think he's too mad.

I think Simeone might go after this season, because ultimately what else is there to achieve at Atletico given the state of the club? Every time he builds a team, or begins to, it gets dismantled. He'd be best off winning the league and getting out of town.

doicare says if you rely on luck your luck eventually runs out and you get beaten by the better team. Does that mean that all those times he talked about United's bad luck, or luck which had run out, they were in fact just being beaten by the better teams. Is that what this means? Has he now rendered all his previous posts null and void?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom