• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmiPrime

Fabregas is a pipe dream. Even more so if Wenger is gone. (which I guess isn't happening but still) I'd be shocked if it happened because it won't.

anyways, Ramsey-Ozil tandem means there's no room for Fabregas in the team. we need at least a defensive midfielder, a striker, and we also have to replace any players that leave (Vermaelen, Sagna). I can easily see this being yet another summer where we take a step back.

I don't think Cesc coming back is that outrageous and I don't see why he couldn't play in the same midfield as Ramsey and Ozil.

K1LLER7

Don't want Van Gaal. Really don't.

Can't even start until July. No thanks.
Who do you want that looks gettable?
Can't believe people out there want Giggs long term. Especially when we have no idea what kind of manager he is.

I'd take Van Gaal. Netherlands won't last long in the World Cup anyway :p

Not sure about Simione. If we were to give a contract to any young manager, give them 2-3 years, let them prove they deserve any after that.

Jarnet87

Don't want Van Gaal. Really don't.

Can't even start until July. No thanks.

The "he would start in july" argument is nonsense for me. Even if it wasn't a World Cup year he'd be appointed just a week or two earlier most likely. the pre-season fixtures don't even start until July. Plus in a year where there is a tournament the big time players are going to get a week or two off after the cup so it's not like a manager would be able to use them in fixtures right away.

wedward

I don't think Cesc coming back is that outrageous and I don't see why he couldn't play in the same midfield as Ramsey and Ozil.

Why would you restrict any of them to a more defensive role or out on the wing? Wilshere Ramsey and Ozil cant all play together and I would say Wilshere is a better defender than Cesc. Hell, Arteta Ozil and Ramsey doesn't work and Arteta is a better defender than Cesc without a doubt.

The chance of Fabregas coming back is 0.

If Barca are banned from transfers they will be unable to replace him and even if they aren't Xavi is getting old and Sergi Roberto is not close to being ready to play a full season.

If we were going to sign Fabregas it had to have been last summer.

EmiPrime

I am glad you aren't in charge of transfers.

Why would you want Fabregas over a DM?

Finding a DM who is good enough and available is pretty difficult.

We play with a fairly high defensive line anyway with a packed midfield so it doesn't feel that necessary.

Shinji is finally going to be freed.

If only Robin was fit. Fucking hell it would be top.

tumblr_n4c5hjxCHc1r7jzw9o1_400.gif

wedward

Finding a DM who is good enough and available is pretty difficult.

We play with a fairly high defensive line anyway with a packed midfield so it doesn't feel that necessary.

Have you watched Arsenal this season against any above average team?

We arguably need a DM more than a striker,

Who do you want that looks gettable?
Can't believe people out there want Giggs long term. Especially when we have no idea what kind of manager he is.

I'd take Van Gaal. Netherlands won't last long in the World Cup anyway :p

Not sure about Simione. If we were to give a contract to any young manager, give them 2-3 years, let them prove they deserve any after that.
1) Klopp
2) Simeone
3) De Boer

Those are the 3 I would be delighted with. Klopp isn't going to come, I don't see it. Some of the English media seem to think he could be swayed but I don't see what they are basing it on. So that leaves us with either of the other two. De Boer might be too big a risk...so Simeone is the one I'd be happy with. Although that too has it's issues.

The thing is I want a manager with a philosophy who will come in and begin to reshape the squad and the club. However, if we can't get any of the above...and that's a real possibility, I suppose someone in the mould of LvG is fine. I just worry about him, I don't know anything about him but he sounds insane. I feel like we need a calming influence right now. If the LvG + De Boer thing is true though...I would be happy with that.

The "he would start in july" argument is nonsense for me. Even if it wasn't a World Cup year he'd be appointed just a week or two earlier most likely. the pre-season fixtures don't even start until July. Plus in a year where there is a tournament the big time players are going to get a week or two off after the cup so it's not like a manager would be able to use them in fixtures right away.

He could be appointed at the start of June otherwise. So that means 6 weeks later.

There is a lot he can do in those 6 weeks. He won't be thinking about United until the end of the WC. It'll be a fleeting thought.

He needs to come in an assess the squad, his staff, the club staff, think about transfers. There's fucking loads he can do that 6 months wouldn't be enough for.

Westlo

Absolutely. They'll have to actually spend money. But I'm more impressed with the backbone of that team, great back four. Perhaps they'll find some coins under the sofa.

We're 14-15 million up on transfers this season, they need to go after remy or bony, sign Barry on a free and play the loan market again.

Lightning

Banned
6-3, 5-1, 6-0, 3-0.

it's very necessary.
DM not going to help much if Sagna and Monreal play the way they did in those games with the tactics that twit Wenger deployed.

Still flabbergasted Wenger played Ox and Arteta against Matic and Luiz and told our fullbacks it was a good idea to recklessly bomb forward? Fucking cunt. I've never been so pissed off as I was that day.

Best

Top 4 for next year:

City: Nailed on. Squad is too strong, such that even though they've, in my opinion, under performed a bit this year they're still in with a shout of the title. Will definitely strengthen over the summer and this was only Pellegrini's first year.

Chelsea: Also nailed on I think. Rock solid back four that should continue into next year. They're bound to spend money where it's needed and pickup a quality striker. At times this year they've looked slow and ponderous in possession, so I don't think someone like Diego Costa is the answer to all their problems, but I can't see them missing out with their ability and experience. I can only see them missing out if Mourinho falls out with dressing room, but considering Lampard, Terry, Cech etc are there that won't happen.

Liverpool: Will probably get top 4 but won't put together a solid title challenge. Rodgers is a great manager and has managed to get the absolute maximum out of his players this year to capitalise on other teams' inconsistency. But I can't see that happening for a whole season again, there has to be a point where their form dips. Be it injuries, not being able to out score everyone, or just burn out. Suarez and Sturridge haven't been that good recently and they've needed the rub of the green to get results so maybe it's already happening. European football won't make that much difference, they can sign a few players and get through it fine. If United and Arsenal strengthen I think they might find themselves in a fight.

Arsenal: At risk if this summer doesn't go well for them. Need players and the attitude of the squad needs to change, they collapse in spring every year. Their problems are well documented but they have a very good first XI.

Everton: No chance. Lukaku, Barry and Deulofeu leaving. Lack money to replace them and keep up with everyone else. Strain of the Europa league. They are close this year because everyone else is having a bad year and I can't see that in 14/15. Will finish 6th or 7th.

Spurs: Appointing the correct manager is vital. They'll spend less than everyone else bar Everton and their squad is arguably only the 6th strongest out of this lot on paper. Can only see them getting in if Arsenal and United have bad years again, not likely. Will finish 6th or 7th.

United: Would rank them alongside Liverpool. The squad's good enough to be in the top 4 this year, under Fergie I'm confident they'd have put in a title challenge as good as anyone else in the league. Moyes was shit but he's history and it looks like the club has money to spend. You'd think no matter what happens they can't be worse and they're only 10 points adrift.

Ah man that would be ace.

Giggs better give Wilson his debut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5wjhoDpULM

On the subject of youth, it will be interesting to see what happens at Cardiff. Mats went there only because Ole was the manager. If Ole gets relegated, there is a possibility of him being sacked. I can't see Mats being too happy playing in the Championship without Ole, especially now that he's been impressive in the PL. Some clubs will surely monitor his situation.

Guys.

If United sign Allegri, I think my life would be complete.

He's headed to Spurs.

avaya

Would literally take anyone over Wenger. He has to go, the man is bordering on senile. He has no idea of tactics, he is stubborn in his batshit beliefs, his training methods (and yes that includes doping which is primarily focused on recovery) are massively outdated.

His approach to the game relies on his players organising themselves and when you had competents (Bergkamp, Vieira, Campbell, Cole, Ljungberg, Pires) it was possible - and even then you have to question what that team would have accomplished with someone who tried to organise and adapt for each team they played against. I would say the more we know about him today the more it becomes clear he grossly underachieved with that team.

Van Gaal would have been the perfect replacement, shame he wont be coming now and the Manc's will be transformed. Would have shoved a rocket up the backsides of these soft cunts and had them drilled. Van Gaal would probably have chopped Giroud's cock off, no scratch that, Van Gaal would never have signed someone so fucking horrendously shit.

The team suffers from laziness, indirection and a lack of discipline. It all stems from the manager. He has to go. He has been allowed to stay for 4yrs too long already. No other team in the league would tolerate the shambolic performances this man has presided over in the past 8yrs. He was hounded out of Monaco with them bottom of the league. The fact that Hill-Wood, who is a total cvnt, and the gormless fuckwit Gazidis say he has a job for life just confirms the depths of mediocrity the club has plunged to.

If Liverpool win the league - and fair play to the Scousers they look like they will, it's just another massive indictment on Wenger's cowardice with respect to competing with the petrodollar clubs, an excuse he used to conceive his pathetic '4th place trophy' BS.

He does not deserve another contract. The question of who will replace him is largely irrelevant since anyone with any comprehension of tactics will be a vast improvement.

Who do you want?

Anyone with a good doping program I assume?

You jest but the ignorance of the majority of fans to the criticality of a good PED regime in professional sport at the top-level is what is comedic.

wedward

DM not going to help much if Sagna and Monreal play the way they did in those games with the tactics that twit Wenger deployed.

Still flabbergasted Wenger played Ox and Arteta against Matic and Luiz and told our fullbacks it was a good idea to recklessly bomb forward? Fucking cunt. I've never been so pissed off as I was that day.

What are our other options in midfield? Flamini and Arteta get pinned and can't get the ball forward.

Agree on the fullbacks. Monreal is a shit defender.

EmiPrime

Why would you restrict any of them to a more defensive role or out on the wing? Wilshere Ramsey and Ozil cant all play together and I would say Wilshere is a better defender than Cesc. Hell, Arteta Ozil and Ramsey doesn't work and Arteta is a better defender than Cesc without a doubt.

With the current formation the team plays the whole midfield has to put in a shift defensively.

Have you watched Arsenal this season against any above average team?

We arguably need a DM more than a striker,

I go to home games and I really don't see a whole lot wrong defensively. Those heavy defeats away had more to do with the mental fragility of the team than the formation. I would gladly take a DM but there aren't many good ones available who would sign for Arsenal and I feel Flamini does a solid job there when called upon.

wedward

With the current formation the team plays the whole midfield has to put in a shift defensively.

I go to home games and I really don't see a whole lot wrong defensively. Those heavy defeats away had more to do with the mental fragility of the team than the formation. I would gladly take a DM but there aren't many good ones available who would sign for Arsenal and I feel Flamini does a solid job there when called upon.

And you think Fabregas is going to put in a defensive shift.

Our midfield is out muscled against every top team. They get thrown around like rag dolls.

I'd rather have schneiderlin ramsey ozil than fabregas ramsey ozil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5wjhoDpULM

On the subject of youth, it will be interesting to see what happens at Cardiff. Mats went there only because Ole was the manager. If Ole gets relegated, there is a possibility of him being sacked. I can't see Mats being too happy playing in the Championship without Ole, especially now that he's been impressive in the PL. Some clubs will surely monitor his situation.

He's headed to Spurs.

God I'm so annoyed we let Daehli go, so easily aswell. I don't know if he would have made it to being a first team regular but he would have had a good chance.

Fucking stupid club has let far too much talent slip away.

Andreas has been properly disappointing this year. He needs to do very well next year or that's gonna be it for him. Not even sure he's ready for a loan...or a loan that would be much use. What do you think?

jtb

Banned

DM would at least be strong enough to shield the ball when in possession instead of getting bossed around by the slighest amount of pressing. I'm done with Arteta. Good player, served us well, Areta (pen) for POTY but he is way too weak to be playing in the middle of the park, especially if he's going to be the only defensive-minded midfielder.

The full backs, ugh. Just horrid stuff. That's the thing that really pisses me off. We lost the Chelsea game the exact same way we lost the Liverpool game. how fucking difficult is it to give these players simple instructions? I still have no idea if Monreal is a good defender or not, but Sagna at least should know better. I've got to believe that shit comes down to coaching. it just has to.

K1LLER7

Raphael Honigstein wrote a little article on LVG a while back about his days at Bayern. Very interesting read.

Van Gaal's failings were many
By the time of his dismissal, Louis van Gaal had alienated players and members of the Bayern board alike.

A 1-1 draw away to sixth-placed team 1. FC Nürnberg wouldn't result in the dismissal of the manager in most clubs, but as everyone in Germany knows, Bayern Munich is a law unto itself at the best of times. Louis van Gaal was unceremoniously sacked for good and with immediate effect on Sunday, after last month's announcement that he would leave at the end of the season. These are the 11 (interrelated) reasons why it didn't work out:

1. It's the table, stupid.

52 points from 29 games. Fourth place. This is patently not enough for a team who wanted to challenge on all three fronts but can now only fight off demotion to the Europa League. Crashing out to a geriatric, chaotically coached Inter would have just about been forgivable, but possibly missing out on the Champions League millions certainly isn't. Back in January, Bayern president Uli Hoeness threatened to "get nervous" if qualification to UEFA's top competition was in danger, and he did. Jürgen Klinsmann was fired at precisely the same junction -- five matches to go in the league -- in 2009.

One important facet to bear in mind is that prior achievements traditionally count for little in the Bundesliga, where Sepp Herberger's "after the game is before the game" -- mantra rules supreme. Armin Veh couldn't invoke his championship with Stuttgart (2007) in his defense when the club decided to sack him the next season, and last year's double and Champions League final with Van Gaal in charge cut little ice at Säbenerstrasse in Munich, either. Bayern expect to be successful as a matter of course. It's a somewhat crude, short-termist approach. But this culture of enormous pressure is also one of the factors underlying the club's tremendous record of 20 championships in 42 years.

2. The World Cup.

Nine Bayern players were involved until the very end of the competition in South Africa, including Arjen Robben, who came back with a huge hole in his thigh muscle. Bayern has historically struggled after big tournaments and its slow start to the season repeated the pattern. Both the board and Van Gaal underestimated that problem. Bayern has been playing catch-up ever since.

3. Too many egos.

You don't get the "FC Hollywood"-tag for no reason. Bayern's tremendous experience and footballing competence at boardroom level has long been its strength and weakness. Guys like Franz Beckenbauer (honorary president), Hoeness and Karl-Heinz Rummenigge (CEO) are always on air, always speaking about players and performances and, by extension, about the manager. If you're German, you know what's in store for you. Did the Dutchman? Van Gaal famously claimed that Bayern suited him "like a warm coat" when he took office in July 2009 but probably underestimated the level of criticism and interference he'd have to put up with from his superiors. Bayern, too, wanted a strong, independent manager to begin with and knew that Van Gaal could be a prickly customer. But the board didn't realize that he would not be amenable at all to (mostly) constructive advice. And they couldn't fathom just how idiosyncratic his behavior would be.

4. Ill communication.

In November, Hoeness launched a full-frontal attack on Van Gaal -- or one last wake-up call. "He doesn't accept anyone's opinion, there's no point talking to him anymore," the former World Cup winner with West Germany said. Rummenigge consequently spent a lot of time on a diplomatic mission, trying to find some common ground between manager and president. But ultimately, he gave up, too. "It's not been possible at all to talk to Van Gaal in recent weeks", he explained on Tuesday. An employee who refuses to break bread with his boss(es) usually has a short shelf-life.

5. "I know best" -- "No, I do" -- "No, I."

There was huge amount of one-upmanship involved from the word go, from both sides. Van Gaal openly showed that he didn't value the board's soccer expertise very highly, a stance that had a knock-on effect on squad politics: Mario Gomez and Anatoliy Tymoshchuk, two expensive buys that had been signed before Van Gaal's arrival, were ignored and described as "not my players" by the manager. The disappointing form from both in 2009/10 seemed to prove Van Gaal right but Bayern felt he had actually undermined their confidence to make a point and in turn noted that his two transfers of that year, Danijel Pranjic and Edson Braafheid, didn't exactly set the Bundesliga alight either. An uneasy truce was reached in the wake of success at the end of that season, but matters came again to a head last summer, when the manager wrote a biography explaining his "football philosophy" and had the nerve to recommend that his superiors read it.

6. Transfer Policy.

Most Bayern players are bought by the sporting director, in conjunction with the manager. But coaches are routinely allowed to bring in one or two of their own targets. It's a mix-and-match approach that has obvious pros and cons but key to its success is a spirit of cooperation and compromise from both sides. In Van Gaal's first summer at the club, Bayern deferred to his wishes (Lucio out, Pranjic and Braafheid in) and there was little friction in that respect. But things took a dramatic turn to the worse when Van Gaal strongly vetoed all attempts to strengthen the team in defense after the lost Champions League final. He felt that the existing squad was good enough and promised to bring through more youngsters, as he had impressively done with Thomas Müller and Holger Badstuber before. The move backfired. Bayern's chronic vulnerability at the back prevented them from winning anything.

7. Tactical intransigence.

Van Gaal came to Munich with an open mind. He played a 4-4-2 diamond to begin with, and even tried a 3-3-3-1 before settling on 4-2-3-1 halfway through his first season. The formation brought the best out of many players and gave Bayern's play a sense of identity, something that hadn't been seen in Munich for quite a while. The season after, the formation became a dogma. He never diverted from it. Not when the opposition had worked out a way to deal with, not when specific games warranted it, nor when key players were injured. Instead, players were shuffled around inside the system and often ended up in very unfamiliar positions. A general loss of confidence and stability were the consequences. The kind of possession-based soccer that Van Gaal had drilled into the side couldn't work under these circumstances. "Our buildup play was too risky," captain Philipp Lahm ventured this week. One or two attempts by senior players to talk to the manager were brusquely dismissed not long ago.

8. Mark van Bommel.

To be sure, the 33-year-old was probably past his best this season. His passing was off and stats showed he was running less than before. Van Bommel, however, was a very important player in the dressing room, someone who had the ear of both the coach and high-maintenance characters like Franck Ribéry. Ushering him out the door -- he had fallen out with Van Gaal -- in January resulted in a lack of leadership on and off the pitch. It also undermined Bastian Schweinsteiger, who's only been half the player without the tough-tackling van Bommel covering his back. A half-decent Van Bommel would certainly have done a better job than Pranjic in central midfield.

9. The Neuer-Kraft affair.

It's long been a badly kept secret in Munich that Bayern have agreed personal terms with Schalke 04 and Germany keeper Manuel Neuer. In January, however, van Gaal decided to promote second keeper Thomas Kraft, 22, to the first team. The move was very bold but justifiable, as Kraft showed great talent. Hoeness' populist complaint that Kraft's introduction "unsettled the defense" wasn't quite true. The problem, as ever, was Van Gaal's handling of the situation. He didn't inform sporting director Christian Nerlinger, the man who had effectively saved him job in autumn 2009 by insisting that the Dutchman should be given more time. Nerlinger was offended and ceased to act as a buffer between the bosses and the increasingly combative coach. Kraft's ascent also resulted in quixotic anti-Neuer (and anti-Hoeness) demonstrations by Bayern's Ultra supporters who preferred Kraft, a man who'd come through the club's youth system, to the outspoken Schalke keeper, who used to be a die-hard S04 supporter as a teenager.

10. Man-Management.

Van Gaal's authoritarian style rubbed plenty of people the wrong way to begin with. After Luca Toni's move back to Italy (December '09), the majority of the players came to terms with the manager's harsh ways. Success on the pitch made them put up with him, even when he employed some unorthodox methods -- he once showed them his genitals -- to motivate them. Publicly, the players insisted van Gaal was treating them fairly but they felt increasingly exasperated as this car crash of a season progressed. Max Reckers, the video analyst, was a source of constant irritation: he patronized players and spoke to them as if they were school children.

After one particular bad dressing-down, Holger Badstuber was close to tears. Even Arjen Robben distanced himself from his compatriot. "His management style reminds me of that of Felix Magath," said Rummenigge. "It doesn't win you any friends."

11. Media fallout.

Journalists don't know jack. That was Van Gaal's default position. He might actually be right in some cases, but was it necessary to confront them with their (supposed) incompetence at very opportunity? Critical questions were dismissed as "parrot music," as an irrelevance. Senior TV journalists had trouble keeping it together in the face of a manager who treated every query as a personal insult. The media were certainly not the reason why he was sacked but Van Gaal's lack of even basic civility toward them ensured there was no one left to fight his corner when the chickens came home to roost.
He'd make Rooney cry

Lightning

Banned
Would literally take anyone over Wenger. He has to go, the man is bordering on senile. He has no idea of tactics, he is stubborn in his batshit beliefs, his training methods (and yes that includes doping which is primarily focused on recovery) are massively outdated.

His approach to the game relies on his players organising themselves and when you had competents (Bergkamp, Vieira, Campbell, Cole, Ljungberg, Pires) it was possible - and even then you have to question what that team would have accomplished with someone who tried to organise and adapt for each team they played against. I would say the more we know about him today the more it becomes clear he grossly underachieved with that team.

Van Gaal would have been the perfect replacement, shame he wont be coming now and the Manc's will be transformed. Would have shoved a rocket up the backsides of these soft cunts and had them drilled. Van Gaal would probably have chopped Giroud's cock off, no scratch that, Van Gaal would never have signed someone so fucking horrendously shit.

The team suffers from laziness, indirection and a lack of discipline. It all stems from the manager. He has to go. He has been allowed to stay for 4yrs too long already. No other team in the league would tolerate the shambolic performances this man has presided over in the past 8yrs. He was hounded out of Monaco with them bottom of the league. The fact that Hill-Wood, who is a total cvnt, and the gormless fuckwit Gazidis say he has a job for life just confirms the depths of mediocrity the club has plunged to.

If Liverpool win the league - and fair play to the Scousers they look like they will, it's just another massive indictment on Wenger's cowardice with respect to competing with the petrodollar clubs, an excuse he used to conceive his pathetic '4th place trophy' BS.

He does not deserve another contract. The question of who will replace him is largely irrelevant since anyone with any comprehension of tactics will be a vast improvement.

You jest but the ignorance of the majority of fans to the criticality of a good PED regime in professional sport at the top-level is what is comedic.
It's people like you that have been chasing Owen Coyle when things were going well for him, Michael Laudrup when things were going well for him and now started on Roberrto Martinez despite all those managers not being good enough or largely unproven.

While I agree a change is needed I totally disagree anyone would be an improvement. In fact Rodgers would do a job, Mourinho would do a job but any of the rest would be a downgrade.You hire the wrong manager you get United and Moyes, remember that.

DM would at least be strong enough to shield the ball when in possession instead of getting bossed around by the slighest amount of pressing. I'm done with Arteta. Good player, served us well, Areta (pen) for POTY but he is way too weak to be playing in the middle of the park, especially if he's going to be the only defensive-minded midfielder.

The full backs, ugh. Just horrid stuff. That's the thing that really pisses me off. We lost the Chelsea game the exact same way we lost the Liverpool game. how fucking difficult is it to give these players simple instructions? I still have no idea if Monreal is a good defender or not, but Sagna at least should know better. I've got to believe that shit comes down to coaching. it just has to.
100% on Wenger. Monreal knows how to defend, everyone in La Liga says the same and he's shown it with us as well. He struggles with transition though, changing from attack to defending and it screws up his positioning. When he's playing he should be defending as a priority and he's fine but bombing forward and getting back doesn't work for him. Sagna too old, doesn't have the legs to do that every week so should either be rotated or told to stay back more, especially against top teams away from home where you know they'll attack.

Arteta sucks. I could go on for ages about why but he's a squad player only now, imo and should not start big games anymore.

Abraxas

I guess I'll post a revised version of my arse XI 14/15:

Hopefully:

---------Szcz---------
----Mert----Kos----
Aurier---------Gibbs
--Matuidi/Bender--
Wall--Wilsh--Ram
---------Ozil----------
---Costa/Mandz--

Likely:

---------Szcz---------
----Mert----Kos----
Jenko---------Gibbs
----Wilsh--Arteta--
Santi--Ram--Wall
---------Ozil---------
------Bendtner-----

I guess I'll post a revised version of my arse XI:

Hopefully:

---------Szcz---------
----Mert----Kos----
Aurier---------Gibbs
--Matuidi/Bender--
Wall--Wilsh--Ram
---------Ozil----------
---Costa/Mandz--

Likely:

---------Szcz---------
----Mert----Kos----
Jenko---------Gibbs
----Wilsh--Arteta--
Santi--Ram--Wall
---------Ozil---------
------Bendtner-----

How can you even hope for Costa, completely out of your reach.

Clegg

Van Gaal likes building from the back with the defenders split far apart, full backs pushing up and holding midfielder dropping deep to recycle possession. All sounds good till you realise we have Smalling and Jones as central defenders and they can't pass the ball.

wedward

I guess I'll post a revised version of my arse XI:

Hopefully:

---------Szcz---------
----Mert----Kos----
Aurier---------Gibbs
--Matuidi/Bender--
Wall--Wilsh--Ram
---------Ozil----------
---Costa/Mandz--

Likely:

---------Szcz---------
----Mert----Kos----
Jenko---------Gibbs
----Wilsh--Arteta--
Santi--Ram--Wall
---------Ozil---------
------Bendtner-----

Are they going to change the rules just for us and allow us to field 12 players?

smh

How can you even hope for Costa, completely out of your reach.

Nah, we have money and we will have silverware.

What will you have?

K1LLER7

Van Gaal like building from the back with the defenders split far apart, full backs pushing up and holding midfielders dropping deep to recycle possession. All sounds good till you realise we have Smalling and Jones as central defenders and they can't pass the ball.
Garay and Jones/Evans. Pls.

He's crazy for 4-2-3-1. No point in even posting formations anymore if comes in.

#KloppoIn

God I'm so annoyed we let Daehli go, so easily aswell. I don't know if he would have made it to being a first team regular but he would have had a good chance.

Fucking stupid club has let far too much talent slip away.

Andreas has been properly disappointing this year. He needs to do very well next year or that's gonna be it for him. Not even sure he's ready for a loan...or a loan that would be much use. What do you think?

He's not ready for a loan. He needs to prove he can be consistent at the u21 level before that. All of the players out on loan did that. Thorpe, Vermijl, Lingard, etc.. did that at a much older age, but it was something they had to show before going out on loan. This season James Wilson has been consistent at u21 level which is why I think he will be given a loan next season.

I don't think he's up to being a first team regular if he wants to play behind the striker. With Januzaj, Mata, and Shinji, he's shit out of luck. He is way too inconsistent and even on his best days, he doesn't create much. His best matches consist of him nabbing a goal from outside the box or something. When he is outside the box and has the ball, he has excellent footwork, but only uses that to shoot. A number 10 needs to create. He should start playing deeper where he won't need to be the main creative force. Having said that, he could be a late bloomer and start to pick up steam within the next 2 seasons. It's never wise to write off a talented player that early.

Mats would have had a better chance at making at United simply because he operates out wide. He also affected matches more regularly and was a more intelligent player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yCLzQ5PJXc

That was his recent match. He's played like that in virtually every appearance so far. Ole has just been protecting him from the same pressure Adnan had earlier this season.

Abraxas

Haha sorry my bad.

Likely:

---------Szcz---------
----Mert----Kos----
Jenko---------Gibbs
----Wilsh--Arteta--
Ram---Ozil---Wall
------Bendtner-----

wedward

It hasn't been like that at home. Our midfield dominated City's in the second half at home and they are no mugs.

Everyone plays better at home. Unfortunately when we go away we give up 20 goals to 4 teams.

Haha sorry my bad.

Likely:

---------Szcz---------
----Mert----Kos----
Jenko---------Gibbs
----Wilsh--Arteta--
Ram---Ozil---Wall
------Bendtner-----

Why do you keep saying Bendtner is likely? He isn't even training with the team any more. His contract is up this summer.

jtb

Banned
in retrospect, it's pretty incredible that Liverpool almost got Costa at the beginning of the season too. and that was before he had his huge breakout season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom