• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abraxas

Why do you keep saying Bendtner is likely? He isn't even training with the team any more. His contract is up this summer.
Giroud's wife will make him return to france, meanwhile, Wenger courts Aguero and City play him along. A last minute attempt to get Ba is scuppered by the fact that he moved to Italy two months before. Sanogo becomes Diaby, and we end up with bendtner as first choice.

Ramsey on the wing? That team sucks.
I guarantee you that is where he will play next season, unless we somehow get a fantastic lone DM who can do the job that Wilshere and Arteta currently do.

K1LLER7

Mats would have had a better chance at making at United simply because he operates out wide. He also affected matches more regularly and was a more intelligent player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yCLzQ5PJXc

That was his recent match. He's played like that in virtually every appearance so far. Ole has just been protecting him from the same pressure Adnan had earlier this season.
Reminds me a little of Silva. Always seems at ease on the ball.

Hope we go back for him at some point.

danwarb

Agger should probably start more games. He's been on for 8 of our 10 clean sheets this season.

We have one clean sheet with Sakho.

Spurs.

avaya

It's people like you that have been chasing Owen Coyle when things were going well for him, Michael Laudrup when things were going well for him and now started on Roberrto Martinez despite all those managers not being good enough or largely unproven.

While I agree a change is needed I totally disagree anyone would be an improvement. In fact Rodgers would do a job, Mourinho would do a job but any of the rest would be a downgrade.You hire the wrong manager you get United and Moyes, remember that.

Pathetic strawman. It's the sympathisers that have let the situation get this far, people like you and the rest of the plumb idiots paying the highest prices in the land to watch the shower of shite.

Reality check, Wenger has already Moyes'ed us. He did it quite some time ago.

wedward

Don't underestimate Wenger's love for Wilshere. I also don't forsee a scenario where they both play at center mid, unless of course they form one hell of a bond and partnership.

This already happened this season though...

And Jack was on the left wing.

jtb

Banned
it makes zero sense to put Ramsey on the wing. Ramsey is by far the best player on this team; he's basically cemented himself as one of the top midfielders in Europe. you build the team around talents like those, not around the limitations of your weaker players.

Ramsey in center midfield, Theo/Ox/natural wingers on the wing, Jack in rehab.

wedward

Playing them both deep would be a trainwreck, and Wilshere outwide is far worse than Ramsey outwide.

That's why I said Wilshere would be on the bench before Ramsey would be on the wing.

If Ramsey is healthy he will start in the middle. Jack is a mess defensively in the middle.

it makes zero sense to put Ramsey on the wing. Ramsey is by far the best player on this team; he's basically cemented himself as one of the top midfielders in Europe. you build the team around talents like those, not around the limitations of your weaker players.

Ramsey in center midfield, Theo/Ox/natural wingers on the wing, Jack in rehab.

After this season I would rather have Jack on the left than Santi.

jtb

Banned
That's why I said Wilshere would be on the bench before Ramsey would be on the wing.

If Ramsey is healthy he will start in the middle. Jack is a mess defensively in the middle.

After this season I would rather have Jack on the left than Santi.

yeah Santi's been pretty poor this season. I know I've been beating this drum for a while now but I think selling Gervinho was a mistake. he provides exactly the kind of directness (if nothing else) on the wing that we've been missing all season. was a bit shortsighted to sell him just because Wenger's stupid Henry 2.0 plan didn't work out.

Meier

United have just been trying to tie up a commercial sponsor for the "Official (Burlap) Sack of Manchester United" before they do the deed. Just to soften the blow.

Abraxas

Ok, say we sack Wenger and hire someone. What players do you think we should get?

There are very few top, top players that would come to us, and we just have to accept that. Ozil was an oddity. Best we can hope for is other teams cast-offs, and thats why I think we could snatch Morata (on loan) or Khediera from Real, Matuidi from PSG (especially if Pogba heads to Paris), and may be Shaqiri (on loan) or Mandzukic from Bayern.

Timurid

There are very few top, top players that would come to us, and we just have to accept that. Ozil was an oddity. Best we can hope for is other teams cast-offs, and thats why I think we could snatch Morata (on loan) or Khediera from Real, Matuidi from PSG (especially if Pogba heads to Paris), and may be Shaqiri (on loan) or Mandzukic from Bayern.

:lol you are deluded.

Lightning

Banned
Pathetic strawman. It's the sympathisers that have let the situation get this far, people like you and the rest of the plumb idiots paying the highest prices in the land to watch the shower of shite.

Reality check, Wenger has already Moyes'ed us. He did it quite some time ago.
If you think we're Moyes'd then fine. Moyes spent 70m to take the champions of England and the team that almost knocked out Madrid to 7th in the PL and out of Europe.

Wenger may constantly fail at winning the PL but he is not wasting our money, or much of it, we're not free falling down the league, and the club remains in a healthy state for when he does eventually stand aside. While like you I want success for our club the positives should not be ignored.

Players I think we should target:

Gonalons - Lyon
Coleman - Everton
Benzema - Real Madrid.

Back up keeper as well and if Vermaelen leaves he will also need replacing.

ATF487

in retrospect, it's pretty incredible that Liverpool almost got Costa at the beginning of the season too. and that was before he had his huge breakout season.

I really wish this could have happened, it'd be hilarious watching him and Suarez together at the same time

Meier

He had a good start to his loan, but has been underwhelming ever since.

Seems like he hasn't played much (15 games according to wiki). 5 goals is a decent return given the limited games, but I guess he's been sitting for awhile based on the number of games and your response.

Catching up on MNF.

Gary Neville is chatting complete bollocks saying he doesn't know what's going on. Your brothers part of your coaching staff and your business partners are helping to twist the knife.

Pathetic.

Basketball - Kevin Durant is ridiculous.

Fry

10262249_492460984210019_2449953662886818767_n.jpg

LegoArmo

I'm going to make some kick arse flapjack tomorrow to celebrate Moyes leaving.

Catching up on MNF.

Gary Neville is chatting complete bollocks saying he doesn't know what's going on. Your brothers part of your coaching staff and your business partners are helping to twist the knife.

Pathetic.
Annoying me lately.

LegoArmo

I feel really sorry for him, now.

He has to drive in to work tomorrow and face everyone only for that smarmy twat Woowar to come on down and dismiss him.

Appalling way to do it.

But can't you picture him with his shit-eating grin on his face as he's dismissed, only to breakdown in tears in his car on the way home when he gets away from the cameras.

I'd give him a hug, but he didn't help himself, did he.

But can't you picture him with his shit-eating grin on his face as he's dismissed, only to breakdown in tears in his car on the way home when he gets away from the cameras.

I'd give him a hug, but he didn't help himself, did he.
He deserves the sack.

Doesn't deserve a day waiting around on the gallows.

Seems like he hasn't played much (15 games according to wiki). 5 goals is a decent return given the limited games, but I guess he's been sitting for awhile based on the number of games and your response.

He was injured for a bit too, but not all of the matches he was absent from are due to his injury

Lightning

Banned
He deserves the sack.

Doesn't deserve a day waiting around on the gallows.
Personally find it very disappointing but shows to most the difficulty from a team who finish 5-7 to a top 3 team is and the pressure and expectation that goes along with it.

He made a serious mistake removing Ferguson's backroom staff. Big mistake.

I swear Jamie Carragher has got into, and corrupted Neville's brain.

Gary just has this unwavering romantic view of United. He believes United must always give time to managers and the play must revolve around wingers. It doesn't matter if the manager or wingers are shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom