• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Oh this is where the hilarity truly begins. Let's see these guys keep their holy status as a club of stability hahahahaha.

I know. As a City fan I was constantly told about this "United way". A way of doing things.

So... Tell us more about that.

Blablurn

6mmbGUp.jpg

The players look gutted.

players look so happy

kmax

BREAKING NEWS: Manchester United boss David Moyes is SACKED after being driven to club's training ground for showdown with chief executive

fVe0nBn.jpg

dc89

Worst season in nearly three decades. You sacked your manager for coming second.

The objective was qualification from the CL group stage and a trophy. We achieved neither.

I still think it was harsh but we failed on both counts.

At least you took away the record for the worst title defence in the PL era. Thank you Moyes. Thank you.

Lightning

Banned
Worst season in nearly three decades. You sacked your manager for coming second.
And winning them the premier league and FA cup in the 2 seasons prior to second.

And they let the rumours, media, rumble about his dismissal for months leading up to it without supporting or backing him. Man City are a shit club.

Walshy

Richard Beech ‏@RichTheJourno 6m

Nicky Butt is now assistant Man United manager...

Giggseh and Butt will take up Moyes' mantle.

The objective was qualification from the CL group stage and a trophy. We achieved neither.

I still think it was harsh but we failed on both counts.

At least you took away the record for the worst title defence in the PL era. Thank you Moyes. Thank you.

Mancini was a toxic bellend as well, unfit to manage a team with aspirations of becoming the best team in the world. And in those circumstances, upgrades trump stability

dc89

Mancini was a toxic bellend as well, unfit to manage a team with aspirations of becoming the best team in the world. And in those circumstances, upgrades trump stability

Aye. This is true. Certain City players look a different player under Pellegrini. Nasri and Garcia for example, who I think played very well last night.

---

Rf194e9.jpg

I wonder where this will end up?

Plasma

Banned
Such a shame he's gone, given another year he could have done some permanent damage to that United side. They'll probably bounce back next season now, oh well it was fun while it lasted.

kmax

Blz3NuPCYAEIfo4.png:large

It's been a ride with Moyes. It's a bit sad that the hilarity ends. Anyway, it's going to be interesting to see how United will fare from here.

Blablurn

I have a feeling Madrid will beat us big time tmw. To win the CL you need a lot of ambition. Just like we had it last year after Chelsea beat us. I think the ambition of La Decima is bigger than ever for Real. They will beat us :(

Lightning

Banned
Such a shame he's gone, given another year he could have done some permanent damage to that United side. They'll probably bounce back next season now, oh well it was fun while it lasted.
I doubt it. The United golden age is over, the fergie shadow gone. United are just another big club now. No one has reason to fear them and most wont.

LVG made that Bayern team and then almost destroyed it right out of the CL places leading him to getting the sack. Even if they get him, PL much harder to get things done then the monopoly Bayern had over the Bundesliga.

Di Matteo crashed us out the CL at the group stages as Champions and risked out qualification for next season (even though I was upset about his sacking at the time, in hindsight it makes sense).

Ancelotti sucked in Europe.
You were second in the league upon Di Matteo's dismissal if I recall and it was AVB that cost your league position the season before not Di Matteo. His dismissal was pathetic after winning you the CL.

Ancelotti won you the double the season prior and that's his thanks. Yeah totally justified,

Blablurn

I doubt it. The United golden age is over, the fergie shadow gone. United are just another big club now. No one has reason to fear them and most wont.

LVG made that Bayern team and then almost destroyed it right out of the CL places leading him to getting the sack. Even if they get him, PL much harder to get things done then the monopoly Bayern had over the Bundesliga.

Bayerns so called monopoly wasn't as big as it is nowadays. Our team was crap.

RaikuHebi

Banned
I have a feeling Madrid will beat us big time tmw. To win the CL you need a lot of ambition. Just like we had it last year after Chelsea beat us. I think the ambition of La Decima is bigger than ever for Real. They will beat us :(

If you are home in the 2nd leg, you will win.

I just realised that if United finish 7th that'll be lower than Chelsea ever did from 97-03.

Salazar

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport 3m
.@BBCSport understands Steve Round and Jimmy Lumsden have also left their posts at Manchester United.

Horse, I'm giggling

Phil Nev needs to go as well. 8 years with Moyes - he's indoctrinated. Get rid.

Mastadon

Banned
I don't think it's as simple as getting a good coach and then challenging for the title again next year. There's a massive amount of work to be in rebuilding and restructuring the team from a position of relative weakness. If they've got any sense, Man Utd would spend this reported £200m over two or three seasons rather than spunking it all this year and trying to balance 8 or 9 new signings in to the team.

They have a better chance than they've had for a long time if Pep doesn't let you play more expansively

1) You put fuck all genuine sustained pressure on Man Utd's defense in either tie until the equaliser in the second leg. Doing the same against Madrid would result in a pointlessly wilful lack of exploiting their weaknesses

2) You were massively open to the easy counter, even though you had enough players staying far enough back to deal with it much better than you actually did. Ronaldo, Bale and Di Maria will not let you off the way Welbeck and Rooney did.

Drop the slow, counterproductive version of tiki-taka you played last round, and you'll win.

DBT85

Giggs as interim. Wins all remaining games.

Wonder if they'll offer the old backroom staff jobs again. Eric steel, etc etc

Blablurn

They have a better chance than they've had for a long time if Pep doesn't let you play more expansively

1) You put fuck all genuine sustained pressure on Man Utd's defense in either tie until the equaliser in the second leg. Doing the same against Madrid would result in a pointlessly wilful lack of exploiting their weaknesses

2) You were massively open to the easy counter, even though you had enough players staying far enough back to deal with it much better than you actually did. Ronaldo, Bale and Di Maria will not let you off the way Welbeck and Rooney did.

Drop the slow, counterproductive version of tiki-taka you played last round, and you'll win.

Yep! It's time to go back to Heynckes tactics. You can't play with two defenders aganst BBC lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom