• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

How much blame for United's current situation should lie with Ferguson? The quick turnaround on his retirement has basically set the club back. Do you not feel his retirement should have been announced a couple of seasons on advance so the board was adequately prepared.

You talk about LvG coming in and laying foundations but in all honesty this should have already been done by Ferguson, instead all he was laying was a turd without giving a courtesy flush. Meanwhile Moyes has been slopping out on shit cleaning duty for 10 months.

Nah. Surely they were ready for him to announce his retirement once he hit 60~

It's not like they expected him to keep coaching in his 80s

Wes

venison crêpe
Oh well. That's the story of the summer set up nicely. I feel sorry for Moyes as a person, it's all turned pretty nasty and his reputation has become utterly tarnished. He seems like a nice enough chap but he just hasn't done his job effectively, although he had such big shoes to fill.

Feel like United missed a trick last year now though when the list of available managers were much more talented than those available this summer.

How does this change Fergie's legacy? He made the choice and it was the wrong one. But on the other side, it shows how great his managerial ability was because the next guy couldn't come anywhere close to his success.

Good luck to you United fans. As a neutral, it's going to make next year even more interesting now. 7 in to 4 just doesn't go. Great stuff.

"
Did you see that score G?
Do not tattoo me
Two goals from Danny
Another two R V P

Arsenal still losing
All you gunner fans still booing
Us men are winning
Three points cos we tell them

We them Moyes Boys
Bitch we them Moyes Boys
We them Moyes Boys
Pussy we them Moyes Boys

DICKHEAD WE THEM MOOOYES BOOOYS HAHAHAHA"

Never again :(

Wes

venison crêpe
@RobHarris 1m

Ryan Giggs confirmed as interim manager - might now miss out on scoring in every Prem Lge season he played

JonnyBrad

pUX0GFn.jpg

Rodgers could very well be top by the start of the new season.

Pard's and Alladyce a high chance of going in the summer. Which would leave our God and saviour Brenton 2nd in the list.

Crazy.

Mastadon

Banned
How much blame for United's current situation should lie with Ferguson? The quick turnaround on his retirement has basically set the club back. Do you not feel his retirement should have been announced a couple of seasons on advance so the board was adequately prepared.

You talk about LvG coming in and laying foundations but in all honesty this should have already been done by Ferguson, instead all he was laying was a turd without giving a courtesy flush. Meanwhile Moyes has been slopping out on shit cleaning duty for 10 months.

Moyes still had two transfer windows and £60m to do something and he blew it spectularly. Felliani and Mata on top of what United already had should be doing better than 7th.

Danchi

I feel sorry for Moyes as a person, it's all turned pretty nasty and his reputation has become utterly tarnished. He seems like a nice enough chap but he just hasn't done his job effectively, although he had such big shoes to fill.

This pretty much how I feel. I do think Utd's decision is justified as Moyes has made some genuinely bizarre decisions this year. I just hope he isn't turned into some joke "wolly with a brolly" character and he manages to rebuild his career.

dc89

Mark Ogden:

Ed Woodward might want to fly to Madrid today. Mourinho, Guardiola, Simeone and Ancelotti all in the same city on the same day...

"I find it hard to believe that's the way the balls came out of the bag, that's for sure. I think it's the hardest start for 20 years that Manchester United have had. I hope it's not because Manchester United won the league quite comfortably last year"

"I will sort it. I will fix it. I will turn it around. I have got no doubt about that. We know we have to improve. I am still getting to know them. They are really good team, they won the Premier League last year"

"I don't know what we have to do to win."

"We never really got to grips with things and to a man you could hardly pick anybody out. We just didn't perform."

"Their league position suggests they are ahead of us"

"I think we need to play better."

"I actually think if Sir Alex was here this year it would be difficult for Sir Alex as well"

- David William Moyes​

Jack cw

The elephant in the room is that Van Gaal has quite some reputation. There's a reason why not everyone is desperate to get him, just read up on what Bayern players and officials said about him.

They could say what they want, its his work that was the base for the success in the last years. Without him, players like Müller, Alaba and Badstuber would have never made it to the A squad and dont forget his master move with moving Schweinsteiger to CM and his layer of 4-3-3 that got perfected by Heynckes. Sure, he was an ass most of the time, but his knowledge and understading of football are simply incredible.

Mat Kendrick ‏@MatKendrick 12m

Now Manchester United supporters know how Aston Villa felt when Sir Alex Ferguson recommended their manager... #avfc

Oooof.

Sorry Wes.

McLeish is the most useless fucking manager on the planet.

Should've set alarm bells ringing.

Wes

venison crêpe
Crystal Palace have been plunged into another ­potential spy storm, with evidence that Aston Villa’s team was known to them before the two sides met at Selhurst Park last weekend.

Villa chiefs were stunned to hear that a visitor to the Palace dressing room photographed an information sheet, showing the correct Villa line-up – which included four changes and a totally revamped playing ­formation – two-and-a-half hours before kick-off.

The sheets, positioned beneath the pegs of each Palace player, included detailed scouting reports on each Villa player, showing that the visitors would change from their usual 4-4-1-1 ­formation to a 3-5-2 system.

BlOJ239IAAEyAqI.jpg

Naughty Pulis.

kmax

"I find it hard to believe that's the way the balls came out of the bag, that's for sure. I think it's the hardest start for 20 years that Manchester United have had. I hope it's not because Manchester United won the league quite comfortably last year"

"I will sort it. I will fix it. I will turn it around. I have got no doubt about that. We know we have to improve. I am still getting to know them. They are really good team, they won the Premier League last year"

"I don't know what we have to do to win."

"We never really got to grips with things and to a man you could hardly pick anybody out. We just didn't perform."

"Their league position suggests they are ahead of us"

"I think we need to play better."

"I actually think if Sir Alex was here this year it would be difficult for Sir Alex as well"

- David William Moyes​

Tyrion_slaps_Joffrey.gif

The man was so out of touch with reality that he didn't even recognise that he lost the dressing room a long time ago.

Fady K

I like to look at Brendan Rodgers though, last year he had much of the same players and finished 7th, this year he will likely finish first by at least 3-6 points. What a turnaround. Based on this I feel like a season and a half is a good measuring stick.

kharma45

Daniel Taylor making me sad by reconfirming this

One of the first things he [Moyes] did was decide that Fellaini was better suited to MUFC than Thiago Alcantara
Feel pretty worried tbh.

Woodward is the man over-seeing this. Frightening,

No ides what happens from here...

I've faith in Wooders. Seem to buck up his ideas after the summer and did well with the Mata deal.

Only good thing Glazers have done till date.

Now can we also get rid of that fuck tard Woodward?

The biggest mistake was letting Phelan go. Get him back Giggsy!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I guess we're getting MoPo then.

I guess he'll do. At least Lamela will have someone to talk to.

I like to look at Brendan Rodgers though, last year he had much of the same players and finished 7th, this year he will likely finish first by at least 3-6 points. What a turnaround. Based on this I feel like a season and a half is a good measuring stick.

Rodgers had positive sides to his first year though which Moyes didn't have. For example, Rodgers improved Liverpool's style of play from the get go. He instilled a possession based side (If I remember correctly), which was totally different from the boring football they had the previous year. It wasn't working out as planned and I think he tinkered with the system and had them playing more fast paced. The players look more comfortable with the ball now than ever before, but like I said, Rodgers also had to change his system from when he first arrived.

This led to Liverpool gaining an extra 24 goals from the 2012 Dalglish Liverpool.

The 2nd half of that season was an obvious improvement. Under Moyes, United actually regressed in the 2nd half of the season. I have no idea what our attacking philosophy is and there are rumors that Moyes doesn't work on attacking football that much in training. If you compare the 2013 Liverpool with the 2014 United, Liverpool have an extra 15 goals scored, although with 4 games left. Liverpool clearly scored at a better rate than current United despite United having more talented players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom