• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack cw

Rafinha is starting as RB and Lahm as DM. Don't get your hopes up

We'll see about that. Rafinha is good enough to annoy the hell out of Bale and Lahm shoud give us at least back some passing accuracy. Or we could really see the return of Martinez besides Schweinsteiger. In any case, the squads with the most shitty defenders are facing each other, so goals are at least a given.

Fady K

Rodgers had positive sides to his first year though which Moyes didn't have. For example, Rodgers improved Liverpool's style of play from the get go. He instilled a possession based side (If I remember correctly), which was totally different from the boring football they had the previous year. It wasn't working out as planned and I think he tinkered with the system and had them playing more fast paced.

This led to Liverpool gaining an extra 24 goals from the 2012 Dalglish Liverpool.

The 2nd half of that season was an obvious improvement. Under Moyes, United actually regressed in the 2nd half of the season. I have no idea what our attacking philosophy is and there are rumors that Moyes doesn't work on attacking football that much in training.

Right, I just remembered Dalglish's Liverpool. Nowhere as good and powerful.

Thing is Ferguson set the bar so high and Moyes screwed up too much. Ironically, I think Moyes was doing quite alright with the team at the Champions League.

Elchele

We'll see about that. Rafinha is good enough to annoy the hell out of Bale and Lahm shoud give us at least back some passing accuracy. Or we could really see the return of Martinez besides Schweinsteiger. In any case, the squads with the most shitty defenders are facing each other, so goals are at least a given.

according to BILD, Pep had an extra training with the defensive players. Boateng-Dante as CBs (thank God), Rafinha as RB and Lahm as DM.

I guess he's going with a 4-3-3 like in the Manchester United match when we looked lost. Schweinsteiger-Lahm-Kroos. rip Bayern

OMG, the Times think Everton want Cleverley. YES MOYES

But you just know Cleverly will finally achieve the potential be showed under Martinez, just like Rogers has done with Henderson.

I could see Cleverly performing so much better in a side with a proper paying philosophy. That's my biggest disappointment with the second half of this season under Motes. No working towards a better future, just game by game reactive changes.

I like to look at Brendan Rodgers though, last year he had much of the same players and finished 7th, this year he will likely finish first by at least 3-6 points. What a turnaround. Based on this I feel like a season and a half is a good measuring stick.

Liverpool played similar great attacking football last season. They just hit a post one too many times.

Moyes, I don't even know what the fuck he tells the team before games.

Fady K

Liverpool played similar great attacking football last season. They just hit a post one too many times.

Moyes, I don't even know what the fuck he tells the team before games.

Yeah Rodgers definitely did a better job that season with Liverpool than Moyes did this season at United.

Jack cw

according to BILD, Pep had an extra training with the defensive players. Boateng-Dante as CBs (thank God), Rafinha as RB and Lahm as DM.

Could work. All it needs are the two DMs (Schweinsteiger is a DM when the opposition has the ball) closing the gap between the line of defenders, like last year under Heynckes. I hope Pep comes to senses and stops experimenting an relies on the formation that worked very well a few weeks ago.

danwarb

10298943_394854927320941_4252662621457461590_n.jpg

EminentExemplaryBanteng.gif

Elchele

Could work. All it needs are the two DMs (Schweinsteiger is a DM when the opposition has the ball) closing the gap between the line of defenders, like last year under Heynckes. I hope Pep comes to senses and stops experimenting an relies on the formation that worked very well a few weeks ago.

Bastian doesn't work in the 4-3-3. And he has been our most dangerous player in the last month (pretty depressing to say it).

Jack cw

Bastian doesn't work in the 4-3-3. And he has been our most dangerous player in the last month (pretty depressing to say it).

He will paly though and I think Pep will play this with a 4-2-1-3 this time. I dont mind Kroos playing instead of Schweinsteiger though, so Müller could play as CAM.

Salazar

Ian Ladyman ‏@Ian_Ladyman_DM 16m
If Van Gaal takes the #MUFC job, @DiscoMirror and I will approach with caution. Threw us out of a hotel in Holland once. It was unpleasant

David McDonnell ‏@DiscoMirror 51s
@Ian_Ladyman_DM As I recall, van Gaal didn't take too kindly to our attempt to doorstep van Nistelrooy.

LvG is the one for me. These tweets seal it.

Jack cw

He would get destroyed without Schweinsteiger.

I think so too, but this is maybe the game Schweisnteiger and Ribery are waiting for to show a ddcent performance. Schweinsteiger playing means either Müller other Kroos on the bench. Götze wont start, so I rather go with Müller tbh.

Wilbur

Banned
Still catching up with the thread.

Can't believe it's actually happened. I'm delighted. Feel sorry for him on a human level but he just was not good enough at his job to warrant it going on any longer. Best of luck to him in the future.

Not fussed about Giggs being in charge for now. The players will play for him, three meaningless games. Lets just get them out of the way and move on quickly.

No idea who I want. Klopp is out of the question. Simeone can't speak English. Don't think Conte's ready to move on yet. LVG I would approach with trepidation.

I'm just so happy he's gone.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
YES MOYESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Congrats ManU bros ;)

INTER MILAN
Walter Mazzarri’s side are 34 points off the top and his position is uncertain.
well they were in 9th place last season what did they expect?
KuGsj.gif

Can anyone explain me how Chelsea lost to bottom placed Sunderland?
Mike Dean and Mike Riley.
"Conte wants to turn Juve upside down." Ten players leaving, Pogba to Bayern, etc. Oh, Tuttosport.
GdS's story was even WORSE!

Difference with Brendan last year is that the board could see he had a clear plan for what he wanted to do with the team, and that has obviously paid off.

Wilbur

Banned
Grim grey skies above
Darkness covers the land
A broken Scottish man
About to get canned

Tactics Tim collapsed
Spurs were uninspired
Still holding to top 6
While Moyes gets fired

Everton was rewarded
Someone was holding them back
Full potential unlocked
While Moyes gets the sack

Arsenal's March bane
Wenger and company implode
Still ahead of United
While Moyes hits the road

Plastic club City
With their pockets enlarged
Oil money can't fill stadiums
While Moyes gets discharged

Chelsea slowing down
Mourinho feeling exhausted
Hoping to lift a trophy
While Moyes gets ousted

Liverpool less fixtures
Masters of the bin dip
Sitting atop of the table
While Moyes gets the whip

Neymar massive flop
Messi barfs and vomits
Barca smuggling children
Anelka racist comments
Guardiola killing Bayern
Their president arrested
Giroud betraying his wife
Frozen Twix bars molested
Adnan online sex chatting
Drug bust in a major club
Match fixing scandals
Hooligans fighting in a pub
Qatar WC a fucking mess
300k/week was shortsighted
But nothing is as embarrassing
As when Moyes led United

Absolutely

Fucking

Incredible

Mastadon

Banned

@RorySmithTimes: Van Gaal, Simeone, Klopp, Conte, Martinez: good to know the Glazers know exactly what they're looking for in a new manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom