• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
ShogunDarius welcome to FootyGAF man!
3AQmK.gif

Mastadon

Banned
Agents leaking fake stories to get better deals for those they represent, who would do such a thing?

Yeah I guess it could be agents, but the sources these stories are coming from are close to the club and follow the pattern we saw last year. Obviously it's conjecture, but it seems reasonable to assume that foreign players and managers aren't briefing the UK journos who are linked to Utd.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Those in the know tell me what sort of Football LVG plays? Seems succcessful wherever he goes but does he play good entertaining football or effective?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I posted an article on him yesterday. Said he loves his 4-2-3-1.

Believe fc plays that exact formation, and we do so with lovely attacking football and we just won division 1 twice in a row

Tears of happiness, im sold.

Bl0fWtbCAAAeUS2.png

WHAT NOW?

They already fucked up, my ipad says its Van Gahl

Clegg

Those in the know tell me what sort of Football LVG plays? Seems succcessful wherever he goes but does he play good entertaining football or effective?
Similarish to how Guardiola sets up. Centre backs split far apart on the left and right. Full backs pushed up higher to give width for attacks and a defensive midfielder to drop deep to help recycle possession. Likes maintaining possession but with a clear purpose to attack.

He's also a systems manager. Thinks that tactics and formation are more important than catering to the whims of a star player. He'll have a role for you to play in the team, but if you stray from that he's not afraid to drop you.

arkon

He managed Barcelona, so he only knows how to play football the right way.

I'm still coming to terms with Moyes being fired.

Mr Cola

More LVG

Some vintage quotes about Van Gaal

"Van Gaal really has Alzheimer's if he writes stuff like that. You wonder whether he has one or two screws loose." - Johan Cruyff

"Van Gaal is the Hitler of the Brazilian players, is arrogant, proud and has a problem. He has no idea of football. His type is sick, he's crazy." - Giovanni

"His management style reminds me of that of Felix Magath,"
-Karl-Heinz Rummenigge ( This is not a compliment)

pappe

Similarish to how Guardiola sets up. Centre backs split far apart on the left and right. Full backs pushed up higher to give width for attacks and a defensive midfielder to drop deep to help recycle possession. Likes maintaining possession but with a clear purpose to attack.

He's also a systems manager. Thinks that tactics and formation are more important than catering to the whims of a star player. He'll have a role for you to play in the team, but if you stray from that he's not afraid to drop you.

Rooney to hand in a transfer request in 3...2...

Mr Cola

Rooney to hand in a transfer request in 3...2...

The notion of that oily shit being afraid of a manager once more is tantalising, he must have thought he run the club when he got his new deal and was never dropped despite shitty performances.

TeddyBoy

Why haven't FA announced Ramires' ban yet?

Or is this quietly being swept under the rug? Guess it's ok to punch players in the league, if so...

If the referee saw it, there is nothing the FA can do. Since the incident happened right in front of the referee, it is quite possible Ramires won't be banned.

pappe

So Van Gaal likes to have complete freedom does not cater to the divas of the squad likes to play fast attacking football and likes to promote the youth.

He clashed with the Bayern higher ups because he wanted no interference in the footballing side of things and I guess with the way things work at United he will get that. Looks like he would suit United fine.

Lets hope I am right.

Mr Cola

So Van Gaal likes to have complete freedom does not cater to the divas of the squad likes to play fast attacking football and likes to promote the youth.

He clashed with the Bayern higher ups because he wanted no interference in the footballing side of things and I guess with the way things work at United he will get that. Looks like he would suit United fine.

Lets hope I am right.

From what I have read its almost too good to be true, expecting all this fuss then someone else to get appointed, hell he may even think the task is too big given he has the WC to think about and half the squad needs sorting.

Didn't Van Gaal nearly go to United the last time Fergie wanted to retire?

In some ways, I think a guy like Van Gaal could be what Utd need. Someone to really boot the cunts out of the team, and get them playing football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom