• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmax

Q9o3jG8.jpg

Moyes legacy at United.

faridmon

I am not too worried, time for Deulofeu and especially McGeady to step up. Osman can be an impact sub on that right handside as well.

Good to see us having depth for once.

I think Neville/Carra nailed it re:Spurs on MNF a few weeks back when he questioned what the remit is of a prospective Spurs boss.

Is CL the aim, and anything below that is unacceptable? Is that realistic, especially considering the time it takes to bed in all these foreigner players and the spending power and size of the clubs around them.

Are Spurs a club which are in and around the CL, and being happy with that is enough.

I think there is a huge disparity between what Levy thinks it takes to get and secure regular CL football and what that actually takes to achieve that.

Sacking the manager for not getting CL football is not sustainable. Unless of course we all believe sacking the manger every 1/2 years is somehow healthy.

If it was Champions League or your sacked then why didn't he sack Villas-Boas, Redknapp and Martin Jol right after they finished 5th?

We were sitting in a meeting room near Edward Woodward’s office at Old Trafford when his mobile phone rang. ‘I’m sorry, I’ve really got to take this,’ he said, as his BlackBerry lit up - and promptly pressed speaker phone by mistake.
The caller’s voice could be heard, perhaps about to reveal some trade secrets. An expression of panic spread across Woodward’s face. ‘Hold on, hold on, don’t speak, don’t speak,’ he gabbled and ran from the room, desperately punching the keyboard to kill the noise. As an assurance of business as usual at Old Trafford, exiting in the manner of a man whose trousers were on fire was not the most auspicious start.
A reminder that it is not just the manager at Manchester United who is finding his way.

Can't make this shit up...

faridmon

He seems to have an injury every season :(

btw your heard about Hunter x Hunter?

He does have niggling injuries here and there, but when you say Injury prone, I think of Rodwell and Gibson. Definitely not to that degree!

At least he will play the World Cup!

Yeah, HxH new is good until the dude breaks our hearts and go back to his hibernation.

D_prOdigy

I wouldn't be wanting Van Gaal because I think he could lead us back to glory straight away or in the long term. I still think his silverware record has been questionably patchy since the 90's.

I'd be wanting him because I think he's probably strong enough to be ruthless in forming a great foundation for two or three years, and then leave so a more prestigious manager can come in take it from there.

Think he's probably the best realistic option for us, tbh.

Yen

Mayor of Liverpool says all the relevant houses around Anfield are now bought, so I guess we can properly move forwardwith the expansion, get some building done.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
pls Pep,

come back to home.

Rosell changed the locks, it's too late.

Really enjoying Dark Souls 2. I spent a lot of my bank holiday playing it.

I could never get into DS1. Have tried 4 or 5 times. But something with the sequel clicked with me. Although that seems contrey to the general online perception that it is a disappointment compared to the first.

you're in the minority, but it doesn't matter ;) as long as you're enjoying it!

Turok_TTZ

A shame about moyes, he needed more time ffs. the united way? never existed, propaganda bullshit from SAF.

Manutd should go for Van Gaal. he is a top manager though he is a crazy one at that.
They must bend over for Van Gaal as the alternatives to him are bleak.

Realistically manutd can go for Van Gaal, Allegri (lol), Magath, Ranieri (if rumours of his sacking are to be believed), and finally Pochettino. Too late for Bielsa as he is nearing Marseille.

Klopp is impossible, he has zero reasons to go to manutd. Same with Blanc. Same with Mou. Carlo has been wanting madrid job since he first received his offer so he's out too. Pep only takes over teams that have already won stuff and don't need much work to win as he is a fraud trophy hunter and not a team builder, he is definitely out.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
A shame about moyes, he needed more time ffs. the united way? never existed, propaganda bullshit from SAF.

Manutd should go for Van Gaal. he is a top manager though he is a crazy one at that.
They must bend over for Van Gaal as the alternatives to him are bleak.

Realistically manutd can go for Van Gaal, Allegri (lol), Magath, Ranieri, and finally Pochettino. Too late for Bielsa as he is nearing Marseille.

Klopp is impossible, he has zero reasons to go to manutd. Same with Blanc. Same with Mou. Carlo has been wanting madrid job since he first received his offer so he's out too. Pep only takes over teams that have already won stuff and don't need much work to win as he is a fraud trophy hunter and not a team builder, he is definitely out.

go to sleep

Feorax

Mayor of Liverpool says all the relevant houses around Anfield are now bought, so I guess we can properly move forwardwith the expansion, get some building done.

Excellent news. Hopefully we'll have something to show for it in 12 to 18 months time in terms of the beginning of construction.

L1NETT

If it was Champions League or your sacked then why didn't he sack Villas-Boas, Redknapp and Martin Jol right after they finished 5th?

Arry got 4th and still got the boot later.

It appears there is a disconnect about what Levy thinks they can achieve and what they realistically can.

Why are all these mangers getting the sack then? They all stealing Spurs stationary?

A bit simple of me to suggest it's as clear cut as CL or sling ya hook I'll admit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom