• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turok_TTZ

I was laughling more at Turok implying that United would be in any way interested in Blanc.

Blanc would actually be a good idea for y'all but he is out of your reach thankfully.
All the same, I would ideally want manutd to sign allegri just so that the trainwreck that moyes started @ manutd continues to remain a trainwreck for seasons to come.

It's great when there's speculation, such a good way to waste time.

I'm watching all the LvG interviews I can find on YouTube now.

He says Rooney is a creative player and every team needs 3 players like that. Rooney is safe. But then he said his 3 most important players are RVP, Robben and Strootman, who isn't that creative.

Anyway, sounds good, come to Manited and bring Strootman with you.

Turok_TTZ

He says Rooney is a creative player and every team needs 3 players like that. Rooney is safe. But then he said his 3 most important players are RVP, Robben and Strootman, who isn't that creative.

Didn't he straight up axed RVP and said huntelaar was better only for huntelaar to get a serious injury that allowed RVP back into the fold for the dutch nt?

doesn't sound right... I thought LVG and RVP don't get along.

Splatt

Imagine RDM at Utd's helm

i80DcbdkRG9vd.gif

Didn't he straight up axed RVP and said huntelaar was better only for huntelaar to get a serious injury that allowed RVP back into the fold for the dutch nt?

doesn't sound right... I thought LVG and RVP don't get along.

Van-Gaal-Van-Persie-PI.jpg

"...and then he said, what would Anichebe do!"

they're bffs

K1LLER7

I'm worried for Shinji and Mata

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Arry got 4th and still got the boot later.

It appears there is a disconnect about what Levy thinks they can achieve and what they realistically can.

Why are all these mangers getting the sack then? They all stealing Spurs stationary?

A bit simple of me to suggest it's as clear cut as CL or sling ya hook I'll admit.

Harry got sacked because he started thinking about the England job too much, as soon as the speculation started our form imploded. He never shut up about it.

When he didn't get the job (after refusing an improved Spurs contract in the spring), he said he deserved a new contract offer (on live TV) while Levy was in America burying his mother. He also said some drivel about how 'it wasn't fair to the players' for him to go into the season with just a year on his deal, despite saying earlier that 'the players don't give a toss who the manager is'.

He went on trial for tax evasion during the season, the club stood by him all the way, and when we put a new contract in front of him he wiped his arse with it expecting the FA to give him a job. He deserved to be slung out.

WJD

He's gonna be fucking mad.

--------------- RVP ----------------
Rooney ----------------- Valencia
------- Kagawa -- Mata ----------
------------ Carvalho -------------
Shaw -- Garay -- Jones -- Rafael
-------------- De Gea --------------

The future?

I'm worried for Shinji and Mata

I have no idea if Van Gaal would like them or not but I'm pretty sure they're gonna be lower down the firing line than Young, Valencia and Nani.

If he plays a 433 with an AM, then there is space enough for them.

Generally speaking, I think we need to add a dynamic and pacy winger though.

I have no idea if Van Gaal would like them or not but I'm pretty sure they're gonna be lower down the firing line than Young, Valencia and Nani.

Whole side is short on pace. Can't be successful without it imo.

WJD

Definitely this.

No proven, attainable targets available at the moment though.

LegoArmo

If Valencia could remember how to cross, and not look like he's actually attempting a drilled shot to the opposite corner flag, he'd still be an alright option.

Either give Zaha a chance, or give him back to us. :)

Captain's log, Stardate Day 1 p.M. (post Moyes).

Immobile Scoutnation_ed

Dang, looks a really good poacher, but would he fit in at bvb? Barrios was kind of like that and was great for us back then.
I'm pretty sure we could readjust to servicing a poacher. But I feel like he'd almost be a lost cause vs. big teams in CL along with those tactics (see Gomez). Hmm, I just don' think he's worth 20m under those circumstances. I'd rather we signed Drmic or Lukaku as both of them seem like a more worthwhile investment.

WJD

If Valencia could remember how to cross, and not look like he's actually attempting a drilled shot to the opposite corner flag, he'd still be an alright option.

He suits counter attacking football really well but his limitations become even more glaringly obvious whenever he's asked to do anything different.

Turok_TTZ

Van-Gaal-Van-Persie-PI.jpg

"...and then he said, what would Anichebe do!"

they're bffs

they must have settled their differences then.

then again, LVG rep to piss everyone off always lingers wherever he goes.

in any case, manutd need to bend over for van gaal. he does not take advice from no one and he expects no one to question him. he has to have absolute control or the job will be a waste of time for him. bite the pillow, van gaal only goes in dry.

oh and watch out, he is poor defensively. he will fix your midfield and attack but if you think he will fix your defense, you're in for a rude slap to the face.

Hixx

@ESPNFC 3m
Manchester United stock has risen 5.42% to $18.68/share today - its highest price since the start of the PL season.

Tells the story as a whole, really.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
This wc could screw us big time, could be another transition season ahead :( I wonder how much lvg has seen of us this season and whether he would even know who to gut and who to get in. Part of the reason we didn't splash big last summer was because moyes said he wanted to give players a chance, whose to say the new manager won't be the same?

Arry got 4th and still got the boot later.

It appears there is a disconnect about what Levy thinks they can achieve and what they realistically can.

Why are all these mangers getting the sack then? They all stealing Spurs stationary?

A bit simple of me to suggest it's as clear cut as CL or sling ya hook I'll admit.

Exactly. With each of those managers you can point to either results or performances not being good enough, and/or their relationship with the chairman deteriorating to the point where it's no longer possible for them to continue (for which I would blame Redknapp but not Villas-Boas).

I'm not defending him for the amount of time he gives them. It was stupid not to let our previous manager continue until the end of the season at least. Admittedly there was more expectation with him to deliver 4th place this season because of the money that was reinvested in the squad. But he was was under no illusions about what was expected (as you would have seen in his interviews) so I don't think there's a disconnect between what the chairman thinks we can achieve and what we realistically can. The fact that the last few season have ended with 4th or 5th place finishes supports this. I do think he recognises that we're punching above our weight, but at the same time that shouldn't be an excuse for the manager not getting the best out of the squad.

This wc could screw us big time, could be another transition season ahead :( I wonder how much lvg has seen of us this season and whether he would even know who to gut and who to get in. Part of the reason we didn't splash big last summer was because moyes said he wanted to give players a chance, whose to say the new manager won't be the same?

Who's to say they will be? LvG is a good manager who doesn't need 5 years to determine whether a player is to his liking.

You're sounding proper Moyes'd Cola.

He's gone. He can't get you anymore.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Captain's log, Stardate Day 1 p.M. (post Moyes).

Immobile Scoutnation_ed

Dang, looks a really good poacher, but would he fit in at bvb? Barrios was kind of like that and was great for us back then.
I'm pretty sure we could readjust to servicing a poacher. But I feel like he'd almost be a lost cause vs. big teams in CL along with those tactics (see Gomez). Hmm, I just don' think he's worth 20m under those circumstances. I'd rather we signed Drmic or Lukaku as both of them seem like a more worthwhile investment.

How can you compare him to GOMEZ of all people, when he can clearly dribble, sprint like a motherfucker, bend it like Beckham AND score from outside the box :p

Zabojnik

Shouldn't we be talking about Atletico - Chelsea? Enough of Moyes, pls.

Yurt, I want to start MGS:R, but the pre-rendered cutscenes are really putting me off.

Go_Ly_Dow

SAF will advise.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Who's to say they will be? LvG is a good manager who doesn't need 5 years to determine whether a player is to his liking.

You're sounding proper Moyes'd Cola.

He's gone. He can't get you anymore.
I remember the first video they showed of moyes entering carrington and he walked past an injured young, to whom he proclaimed "looking very forward to working with you". We should have known then :(

Jarnet87

Yurt, I want to start MGS:R, but the pre-rendered cutscenes are really putting me off.

No one cares about this game. We all know Bayern are going to win the Champions League. Moyesus United was the last chance to stop the bald headed fuck from winning it again.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

the cutscenes are shit (a few are batshit insane though), the gameplay is perfection.

IF you're into action games like Ninja Gaiden, obviously.

I think LvG would just go for semi-expensive, rather "lesser known", younger ppl. (in the ballpark of 5-20m euros) along with some Eredivisie prospects with that same price tag, maybe with some marquee Dutchman on the side. Of course players like Baines may already be a done deal at this point.

/
How can you compare him to GOMEZ of all people, when he can clearly dribble, sprint like a motherfucker, bend it like Beckham AND score from outside the box :p
A poacher is a poacher is poacher, hehe.
Why don't you keep him and gives Tevez if you like him so much?

Clegg

Since February the official line from the club was that they wanted get business done before the WC. I can't see a change of manager affecting that stance. If it's Van Gaal then he'll just have to work with whoever we've signed. That carries its own problems ofc, but nothing can be done about that. We can't afford another summer where we leave everything late and end up missing out.

Mr Cola

I think LvG would just go for semi-expensive, rather "lesser known", younger ppl. (in the ballpark of 5-20m euros) along with some Eredivisie prospects with that same price tag, maybe with some marquee Dutchman on the side. Of course players like Baines may already be a done deal at this point.
Baines signed a new deal recently, I do worry some about the deals we said to be confident of, especially involving pl players, I wonder if lvg knows of players like Shaw at all.

Zabojnik

the cutscenes are shit (a few are batshit insane though), the gameplay is perfection.

IF you're into action games like Ninja Gaiden, obviously.

Can't say I'm very much into 3rd person hack & slashers. However, Ninja Gaiden is one of my favourite games ever, while MG(S) is one of my favourite franchises in gaming.

Haines signed a new deal recently, I do worry some about the deals we said to be confident of, especially involving pl players, I wonder if lvg knows of players like Shaw at all.

Well he ought to with the quota in mind, his advisers would probably push for it. As for LBs though, Kicker reports that you're after Wolfsburg's Ricardo Rodriguez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom