• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Just saw interview, old one, with lvg on sky about his ambitions to manage in the pl, all seems to fit at the moment

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
A poacher is a poacher is poacher, hehe.
Why don't you keep him and gives Tevez if you like him so much?

Because Tevez tracks back like a fucking animal
3AQmK.gif
Admittedly Ciro's weakest point.

Ideally, we buy his other half in the summer and we sell Mirko, Quag and Osvaldo but it's not gonna happen :(

Have him. He's shit.

He´s not, but we would have to rebuild him again after what you have done to him this season. :)

has anyone mentioned harry redknapp as a potential utd manager?? very underrated coach plus has epl experience

Harry Redknapp is the devil. I would not wish him on any club, not even the ones I dislike the most. His only solution to any problem is to buy yet another player, even if the problem is that the coffee in the cafeteria is crap.

Well I hope you bid for him then.

You're staying up so you've got some cash. £5m? Half what we paid so far. Fair.

Something like £4m would probably not be impossible for us. The owners of Palace want him back, so I guess it's upp to Wilf and Pulis. And Pulis seem to want to secure Tom Ince first.

Zabojnik

Immobile is nothing like Tevez. Our 3-5-2 is utterly dependant on Tevez, that is someone who acts as a do-it-all player, someone that backtracks and connects our AMF-less midfield with our front line. Immobile would be almost completely useless in our tactical setup. If we were to switch to 4-3-3 though ... Yeah, I'm actually still not sure what his role with us would be.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Can't say I'm very much into 3rd person hack & slashers. However, Ninja Gaiden is one of my favourite games ever, while MG(S) is one of my favourite franchises in gaming.

It's definitely more NG than GoW and DMC. DON'T SKIP THE TUTORIAL, and learn how to parry and offensive-dodge (yup, that's a thing) and you'll be golden.

The combat was fucking sublimeeee

and the bosses are MGS bosses alright ;)

Because Tevez tracks back like a fucking animal
3AQmK.gif
Admittedly Ciro's weakest point.

Ideally, we buy his other half in the summer and we sell Mirko, Quag and Osvaldo but it's not gonna happen :(
No way Klopp will want him then, lol.
Oh noes, might win the league by a lesser margin :(

I've not watched Rodriguez. Is he good? He's damn good in FM14.

Not "damn good", not yet, but yeah decent to good for sure and getting better by season. Could become really great at a big team. He's going to be sort of expensive though because Wolfsburg print money.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Immobile is nothing like Tevez. Our 3-5-2 is utterly dependant on Tevez, that is someone who acts as a do-it-all player, someone that backtracks and connects our AMF-less midfield with our front line. Immobile would be almost completely useless in our tactical setup. If we were to switch to 4-3-3 though ... Yeah, I'm actually still not sure what his role with us would be.

third choice, which would hinder his current explosion :(

DUDE, we still haven't won shit.

No way Klopp will want him then, lol.

Not "damn good", not yet, but yeah decent to good for sure and getting better by season. Could become really great at a big team. He's going to be sort of expensive though because Wolfsburg print money.

Oh yeah. Feck.

Walshy

Mayor of Liverpool says all the relevant houses around Anfield are now bought, so I guess we can properly move forwardwith the expansion, get some building done.
Great news.

Although I really wish they was expanding the Kop a little more. 58,000 isn't enough, I reckon we can easily fill 65,000.

Elchele

Apparently Pep has to win the treble again. Or success is not so sexy.

I would have preferred to put Streich as coach and win zero shit but to continue to play good football. I don't like winning things by playing like shit and ruining the team we had

Yen

Great news.

Although I really wish they was expanding the Kop a little more. 58,000 isn't enough, I reckon we can easily fill 65,000.

I don't think expanding the rest of the stadium will be on FSG's mind unless either the council kicks everyone in the direct vicinity out of their houses (if those houses are even occupied) through compulsory purchase orders (which would be very time-consuming and also expensive for the government/council), or they can get more investment/a giant sponsorship so we can buy them ourselves.
For the Kop to be expanded, all the houses would have to be cleared. I believe the UK's rules regarding the steepness of stands is also quite restrictive. If we expand the Kop, the view at the back could be dreadful.
Also, beyond 60k means transport has to be sorted out - a train line built?

King_Moc

Banned
Here's a leaked photo.

I think it looks great. Estimated capacity is 58,000. I think we can push it a lot higher though but whether we can do that in reality is another question.

Looks alright. Are they thinking of doing something similar all the way round eventually, or would it be too difficult due to the property they'd need to buy and the encroachment over several roads and also onto Stanley Park?

Walshy

I don't think expanding the rest of the stadium will be on FSG's mind unless either the council kicks everyone in the direct vicinity out of their houses (if those houses are even occupied) through compulsory purchase orders (which would be very time-consuming and also expensive for the government/council), or they can get more investment/a giant sponsorship so we can buy them ourselves.
For the Kop to be expanded, all the houses would have to be cleared. I believe the UK's rules regarding the steepness of stands is also quite restrictive. If we expand the Kop, the view at the back could be dreadful.
Also, beyond 60k means transport has to be sorted out - a train line built?
I think the plan is to have a train line built in I think. Either that or set up a lot better transport links.

I wouldn't be opposed to a sponsorship to Anfield if it meant expanding it even further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom