• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue with Chelsea isn't that they parked the bus, it's more that the manager has a go at sides that do the same thing to Chelsea.

And then rather than journalists pointing this out they don't bother challenging him, particularly the broadcast media.

This is the same man who never talks about referees, yet lost the plot at the weekend.

If Chelsea want to park the bus that's fine, it just equal parts amuses me and annoys me when Mourinho pretends his shit doesn't stink as bad as everyone else's. And I don't care whether his tactics are to take pressure off the team and put it on himself, none of it makes him any less of a cunt.

Clegg

I wouldn't mind it like, but why would he leave Madrid?
May get the sack if Madrid fail to win anything this season. The Guardian say it's either Ancelotti or Van Gaal. Think I'm leaning towards LVG as he has proven himself capable of leaving good foundations for the next manager to build on. But he's also a bit averse to spending money. Ancelotti doesn't have that same problem.

L1NETT

Turned on newsnight, you know..gotta keep myself up to speed.

Lead story...Moyes has been sacked

*groan

Saw Garth Crooks

Punched the TV

What is going on.

The issue with Chelsea isn't that they parked the bus, it's more that the manager has a go at sides that do the same thing to Chelsea.

And then rather than journalists pointing this out they don't bother challenging him, particularly the broadcast media.

This is the same man who never talks about referees, yet lost the plot at the weekend.

If Chelsea want to park the bus that's fine, it just equal parts amuses me and annoys me when Mourinho pretends his shit doesn't stink as bad as everyone else's. And I don't care whether his tactics are to take pressure off the team and put it on himself, none of it makes him any less of a cunt.

Aye.

It's the hypocrisy.

wedward

May get the sack if Madrid fail to win anything this season. The Guardian say it's either Ancelotti or Van Gaal. Think I'm leaning towards LVG as he has proven himself capable of leaving good foundations for the next manager to build on. But he's also a bit averse to spending money. Ancelotti doesn't have that same problem.

He already won something.

Lightning

Banned
They've already won something, no? They beat Barcelona in the final of the cup.

cremino

I still think Atletico will go through. Chelsea will be a bit more offensive at Stamford Bridge and Atletico may take advantage of that

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I swear you are , with your Johnny avatar, the king of the edit.

Bravo.

IT'S A SICKNESS

I don't even want to imagine how they look to mods/Wes.
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

I need to read my posts before hitting submit
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif

Clegg

Guardian says Moyes only found out that he was getting sacked when the story hit the papers at 2:15 yesterday afternoon. Then for the rest of the day no senior member of the board tried to contact him.

Do one, Woodward.

Salazar

Telegraph say Ancelotti is now United's number one target.

Can't believe the "no contact has been made with candidates" - "club didn't want to risk being caught going behind Moyes's back" bollocks for a split-second.

Ferguson was asked for his opinion but it was made clear to him that his colleagues had already made up their minds. Most of the directors had lost faith in Moyes in February and Woodward's opinion was that he could have been sacked, justifiably, any time over the last two months.

ONE OF US

You are right, though. Disgrace how they handled his last moments.

Salvadora

Just mind games, innit.

Arnie

Ancelotti is the better candidate by a fucking huge distance, but I just don't think he'd leave Real Madrid for a cut-adrift United. Floating in oxygenless uncertainty.

Guardian says Moyes only found out that he was getting sacked when the story at hit the papers at 2:15 yesterday afternoon. Then for the rest of the day no senior member of the board tried to contact him.

Do one, Woodward.

How did the media find out then? A mole in the board?

wedward

Guardian says Moyes only found out that he was getting sacked when the story at hit the papers at 2:15 yesterday afternoon. Then for the rest of the day no senior member of the board tried to contact him.

Do one, Woodward.

If you guys get in a good manager and don't rapidly improve do people start calling for Woodward's head next?

Walshy

Oliver Holt ‏@OllieHolt22 60s
Mourinho hinting in press conference he will play weakened team against Liverpool on Sunday.

MOU.

PLS.

Chelsea are about to be trophy-less and played shit football.

So? I can live with one trophyless season, there will be significant changes to the squad in the summer, I would expect them to be competing next season.

Having not really fought properly for the PL in years, to get this far (despite the performances of the defeats) and also still be in the CL at this stage is good work when you look at the issues in the squad.

Oliver Holt ‏@OllieHolt22 60s
Mourinho hinting in press conference he will play weakened team against Liverpool on Sunday.

MOU.

PLS.

Based on how thin is getting I wouldnt consider it possible to do anything else.

Feorax

Edit: beaten.

Don't trust him at all, but would be nice.

Also, apparently we're interested in Kono and Micky Targaryan again in the summer? Hasn't he been a bit naff at Dortmund?

Clegg

How did the media find out then? A mole in the board?
It was briefed by the club, most likely.

They just never informed Moyes about their decision. It's either that or they never meant to break the story until today, but the media got their hands on it anyway and ran with it.

Jarnet87

I think I still favor van Gaal over Ancelotti, but Ancelotti would certainly be a major improvement over Moyes. I think his stint at Chelsea was mixed. United IMO bottled the end of the 2009-2010 campaign but credit still to Ancelotti winning the double. The following year he wasn't doing so well and it didn't help Abramovich forced signings on him. Wouldn't be shocking to see Real sack him if they fall to Bayern, and United would be a pretty good landing spot for him.

Wilbur

Banned
Too many modern football fans either don't understand or just don't want to see the defensive side of the game, and have no better way to discuss that than trotting out comments like "parking the bus".

This is what I was trying to say to avocado.webm after the Bayern - United match.

Parking the bus is such a lazy fucking phrase.

wedward

So? I can live with one trophyless season, there will be significant changes to the squad in the summer, I would expect them to be competing next season.

Having not really fought properly for the PL in years, to get this far (despite the performances of the defeats) and also still be in the CL at this stage is good work when you look at the issues in the squad.

Based on how thin is getting I wouldnt consider it possible to do anything else.

So why would I want Mourinho at Arsenal? If anything, I would want Abromovich.

At this point I'd rather Liverpool win than City. Because Pelegrinni is such a cunt and Liverpool has been magical this year.

Dreading how annoying the fans will be though :( sorry arnie

Lakitu

st5fu
Don't trust him at all, but would be nice.

Also, apparently we're interested in Kono and Micky Targaryan again in the summer? Hasn't he been a bit naff at Dortmund?

Never heard of either of them. Micky has a cool last name though. I think we should buy him for that alone.

So why would I want Mourinho at Arsenal? If anything, I would want Abromovich.

You already have a billionaire owner, im sure Jose would deliver much more at Arsenal than Wenger has in recent years.

Why on earth would you want Abramovich.

We've got our own Oligarch gangster at Arsenal already.

I dont like the phrase gangster, I prefer to think of Roman as part of the Mafia, sounds classier.

So your problem with Mourinho is that, on occasion, he can be a hypocrite and talk a wee bit of shite. So, sort of like 99% of managers then?

Also, if you want to absorb Mourinho challenging media then go back a few weeks to our Villa, Palace and very recent Sunderland defeat and you can fill your boots. All sorts of chat about how he made the wrong calls and was wrong to critique our strikers. Pick a publication, they nearly all had those articles. Oh, and in regard to being called out about his hypocrisy, he was called out about his West Ham 19th century football comment. In one of our own pressers no less.

Clegg

Even I'm sick of all this United stuff in the papers.

Condensed version:

United looking for experienced, top level manager
Entire board, including SAF, will consult on new managerial appointment
Ancelotti and Van Gaal are top choices

wedward

Why on earth would you want Abramovich.

We've got our own Oligarch gangster at Arsenal already.

I don't actually.

But Abramovich is why Chelsea have been successful, not Mourinho.

You already have a billionaire owner, im sure Jose would deliver much more at Arsenal than Wenger has in recent years.

If Wenger had been able to spend 200 million over 2 seasons he would have delivered more also. What's your point?

It's hilarious cause it works. Big Sam could brush it off easily too, he knew Mourinho was bullshitting and basically said he didn't give a fuck, which he shouldn't. The press however all started talking about Mou's comments instead of how terrible a performance it was from the team lol, you can say a lot about Mou, but he got the English press by the fucking balls.

By the way for what it's worth, he was out praising Sunderland for their win against Chelsea, saying they won it the way they could and you gotta respect that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom