• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Got work off tomorrow night, and then working next Tuesday so I get to watch the second leg of the one I missed. Sum gud business dere

Arnie

At this point I'd rather Liverpool win than City. Because Pelegrinni is such a cunt and Liverpool has been magical this year.

Dreading how annoying the fans will be though :( sorry arnie

Not a problem. There are naff fans at all clubs, and in my experience the larger and more broad the fanbase the higher the frequency of tits. Liverpool is no exception to that.

As a footnote to this, though, Liverpool also have a remarkable set of fans that when on song, as they are now, are above anything else this country can offer. We'll see that again on Sunday. Before, during and after the match.

subtles

This is what I was trying to say to avocado.webm after the Bayern - United match.

Parking the bus is such a lazy fucking phrase.

The game wasn't dire because Chelsea played defensively, plenty of games like that are pleasant to watch, it was however a dire game.

Brilliant result for Chelsea in any case.

José Mourinho;109124853 said:
So your problem with Mourinho is that, on occasion, he can be a hypocrite and talk a wee bit of shite. So, sort of like 99% of managers then?

Also, if you want to absorb Mourinho challenging media then go back a few weeks to our Villa, Palace and very recent Sunderland defeat and you can fill your boots. All sorts of chat about how he made the wrong calls and was wrong to critique our strikers. Pick a publication, they nearly all had the. Oh, and in regard to being called out about his hypocrisy, he was called out about his West Ham 19th century football comment. In one of our own pressers no less.

Mourinho is legit worse than pretty much any other manager in football. Most others suddenly become myopic to controversy, but he goes off the deep end.

I'd have Mourinho as my manager in a heartbeat, but I'd still be absolutely forthright in my opinion that he's a total cunt.

He's like the player you love to hate in the opposition side. The Roy Keane. An absolute grade A massive wanker. You'd still want him in your team. But unlike most fans if there's someone at my club who's a tosser I'll call them one rather than pretending otherwise.

It's hilarious cause it works. Big Sam could brush it off easily too, he knew Mourinho was bullshitting and basically said he didn't give a fuck, which he shouldn't. The press however all started talking about Mou's comments instead of how terrible a performance it was from the team lol, you can say a lot about Mou, but he got the English press by the fucking balls.

By the way for what it's worth, he was out praising Sunderland for their win against Chelsea, saying they won it the way they could and you gotta respect that.

Yes, but his tongue was so firmly lodged in his cheek with his follow up points that it was hard to take him seriously.

Walshy

Feorax, you see the Ayre quote?

Ayre on summer transfers: "It will cost what it costs when we decide who the manager wants to buy."

Barrett is suggesting the Kono story as well, not seen anything on the Mkhitaryan rumours again. Also seems to suggest we have £50m minimum to spend in the summer.

Need to go for Shaw next.

Not a problem. There are naff fans at all clubs, and in my experience the larger and more broad the fanbase the higher the frequency of tits. Liverpool is no exception to that.

That's why I want City to win. A team that can't even fill out their stadium, we even only got 2 posters in this thread and one of them won't realize they won the league until sometime next year.

Salazar

As a footnote to this, though, Liverpool also have a remarkable set of fans that when on song, as they are now, are above anything else this country can offer. We'll see that again on Sunday. Before, during and after the match.

Not the "on our day" gambit, Arnie.

pls

Arnie

Got work off tomorrow night, and then working next Tuesday so I get to watch the second leg of the one I missed. Sum gud business dere

I'm 22 tomorrow, have the rest of the week off work.

Waking at 11, slamming a Burger King at Euston at 12:30, be in Preston by 3, meeting some good friends for beers in town. Be home by 6:30, dinner with the family then unwind in front of the telly watching two European superpowers headbutt each other.

wedward

Waking at 11, slamming a Burger King at Euston at 12:30, be in Preston by 3, meeting some good friends for beers in town. Be home by 6:30, dinner with the family then unwind in front of the telly watching two European superpowers headbutt each other.

But what are you going to have for dinner?

Don't forget your top of the league cigarette

Feorax

Feorax, you see the Ayre quote?

Ayre on summer transfers: "It will cost what it costs when we decide who the manager wants to buy."

Barrett is suggesting the Kono story as well, not seen anything on the Mkhitaryan rumours again. Also seems to suggest we have £50m minimum to spend in the summer.

Need to go for Shaw next.

Seen 3 different reports tonight released at the same time. One says £40 million, one says 50, one says 60. I hope we get in a few real quality players, that's all I ask.

Good to see Rodgers will be getting players he wants though. Means they might actually get game time.

I wonder if the weekend will be like the game in 2012 when Di Matteo took a real sub-par team to Anfield when the league was done, but the CL was in sight.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

HAPPY BIRTHDAY [TOMORROW] YOU LOVELY CUNT!!!!!!!!!!

just in case I don't see you tomorrow :p

I KNEW IT! That explains the puffy lips, you fucking cannibal.

rodvik

I think everyone is letting Madrid Athletic FC off the hook way too much for todays non football. Yeah Chelsea parked the bus but the home team were hardly putting on a master class of incisive football. Lumping crosses in for 90 minutes was a failure of tactics. It was premier league-esque. I expected better from the La Liga leaders.

Zabojnik

Time of your life, Arnie. Time of your life.

GQman2121

Banned
lol at these people who don't know what Mourinho's shtick is by now. Talk about him all you want. Just don't say shit to our players. We're all fine with that arrangement.

Wilbur

Banned

Hope you have a good day baby <3

Mourinho is legit worse than pretty much any other manager in football. Most others suddenly become myopic to controversy, but he goes off the deep end.

I'd have Mourinho as my manager in a heartbeat, but I'd still be absolutely forthright in my opinion that he's a total cunt.

He's like the player you love to hate in the opposition side. The Roy Keane. An absolute grade A massive wanker. You'd still want him in your team. But unlike most fans if there's someone at my club who's a tosser I'll call them one rather than pretending otherwise.
And what? We know he's our tosser. But you were complaining about the hypocrisy as if it's unique to him when it's not, it's a trait of virtually every football manager. Then you said he doesn't get called out, when in fact, he's been getting called out more than ever recently. And if the hypocrisy really is why people complain about the "boring" and "negative" football, then complain about it, rather than saying "park the bus" as if it's not a legitimate tactical tool regardless what Mourinho may have said a bunch of weeks back.

lol at these people who don't know what Mourinho's shtick is by now. Talk about him all you want. Just don't say shit to our players. We're all fine with that arrangement.

JT and Cashley are cunts too. So was Drogba but he's away now. Ramires does a fine line in attempted leg breakers as well.

José Mourinho;109126788 said:
And what? We know he's our tosser. But you were complaining about the hypocrisy as if it's unique to him when it's not, it's a trait of virtually every football manager. Then you said he doesn't get called out, when in fact, he's been getting called out more than ever recently. And if the hypocrisy really is why people complain about the "boring" and "negative" football, then complain about it, rather than saying "park the bus" as if it's not a legitimate tactical tool regardless what Mourinho may have said a bunch of weeks back.

I use "park the bus" because well that was a Mourinho invention remember? And his brand of hipocrisy is worse than pretty much any other manager in football. His constant need to shit stir is why he was over looked for the job at Old Trafford and we all know that's where he'd have went if they'd came for him.

TrueBlue

If we don't beat Pool on Sunday, I'm fine with them being champions. They tick a lot of boxes from the neutral perspective, and deserve recognition.

Marc

yes pls jose lad

Their squad depth is fantastic though and Mourinho is about setting up a team right, not individuals anyway so not sure this changes much.

Terry is a big miss however for the way they play.

EDIT: Happy Birthday btw!

I like Mourinho in the sense he is a winner, would love him managing England although I would prefer someone like Rodgers. His football is really hit and miss, puts a lot of shackles on his players. I really don't like that he puts zero faith in youth and grinds out the ability from them, attacking fullbacks may as well kill themselves. Shaw is a Chelsea fan but would be an absolute mug to go there. He said this team is a young one and that they can't be expected to challenge, it really isn't. And by comparison Liverpool have younger players brought through and playing much better football. He will have a moan about people parking the bus, does it himself but also moans about attacking teams trying to say things like Football is not basketball. As if Football wasn't attacking as fuck long before basketball had any relevance.

Makes it hard to like him, but if he wins a champions league, that is great for England and English football no matter what as the so called good playing teams from England choked as usual.

Arnie

HAPPY BIRTHDAY [TOMORROW] YOU LOVELY CUNT!!!!!!!!!!

just in case I don't see you tomorrow :p

I KNEW IT! That explains the puffy lips, you fucking cannibal.
Thank you little prince.
At this point I want Liverpool to win just so I can see what Arnie's celebratory meal is going to look like.
Be utterly mad. Like a mountain of hot wings with a side order of Paella.
Time of your life, Arnie. Time of your life.
It really is.

So much is happening I just can't keep up. How's this team won 11 on the bounce?

I want my life to stop so I can just take stock.

wedward

Lol at these Chelsea fans who have convinced themselves it's a shtick and the man isn't just a massive cunt.

EmiPrime

That's why I want City to win.

I would much rather City win the league than Liverpool or Chelsea. Genuinely pleasant and humble fans despite their circumstances, probably because they know what it's like to be relegated and to be in the shadow of their neighbour. Good luck to them.

jayj306

Banned
Looks like Liverpool have the league bar some massive cock up.

Beat Chelsea and it's all over, City's spirits will be broken - they have to play Palace and Everton away before Liverpool's next game and I can't see them taking 6/6 points from those in that scenaris. If Liverpool can't beat a weakened Chelsea and somehow conspire to throw the league away in the following weeks, the Samaritans will be working overtime. You might as well ditch Gerrard from the World Cup, he'll be broken.

Calling Mourinho to publicly concede the league in his pre-Liverpool press conference. Cue howling from the media about him fucking about with the sporting legitimacy of the league when he states his intention to play a weak team. Secretly he'll be hoping that'll unsettle Liverpool who'll be thinking they've got it easy.

Elchele

1398199894617.gif

1398199962579.gif

epl'd

JT and Cashley are cunts too. So was Drogba but he's away now. Ramires does a fine line in attempted leg breakers as well.

You support a team full of cunts (Biscuits, Mascherano, Alves, Valdes, Alba and a wife and tax cheating Messi) and to add on top of it are tax frauds and child traffickers. Maybe you of all people shouldn't talk that much about the morality of football clubs. Where's Pulga when you need him.

If we don't beat Pool on Sunday, I'm fine with them being champions. They tick a lot of boxes from the neutral perspective, and deserve recognition.
I would still rather City just because I don't think we'll ever hear the end of it if Liverpool win. That said, I'd be hard pushed to say they don't deserve it. All you can do is win games and get the most points and that's exactly what Liverpool have done. Best man wins at the end of the day.

I use "park the bus" because well that was a Mourinho invention remember? And his brand of hipocrisy is worse than pretty much any other manager in football. His constant need to shit stir is why he was over looked for the job at Old Trafford and we all know that's where he'd have went if they'd came for him.
It's not the mere use of the term, that's fine, it's the laziness of people just posting it as if it's inherently a bad thing. Also, let's not go down the he'd of taken the United job road, because in actual fact, the only real evidence and quotes we have on the matter only point to him going back to Chelsea. Hearsay about him crying doesn't really cut it. Anyway...

Arnie

And by comparison Liverpool have younger players brought through and playing much better football.

If you're a young player looking to take that next step in your career, to become a colossal footballer, and Brendan Rodgers comes in for you can you turn that down after we've seen what he's done to the likes of Sterling, Flanagan and Henderson? And Sturridge, let's not forget.

Going to United is a gamble, bordering on career suicide (at this very minute). Chelsea can offer money and London and Mourinho (but not first team football). Liverpool offers the best working environment given the makeup of the squad and the manager in charge. Not to mention a project that's bursting at the seams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom