• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

José Mourinho;109130052 said:
Fergie's hands might just have been tied though. The story as everybody thinks they know it is a nice narrative and sounds plausible. But let's assume -- I would say correctly, but anyway -- that José was already on his way to Chelsea, which he says he was and that he had confided to Fergie. Pep had already taken the job at Bayern. Ancelotti was already on his way to Madrid. And then there's Klopp who, based on recent quotes, is unwilling to break his contract. Who else do United really go for? I dare say Moyes was always an option and I'm sure Fergie would love to believe he could be a mini-me. But you can't tell me none of the aforementioned wouldn't have gotten the node before Moyes. I imagine in the end he was probably the only real option. Also, given the talk that he had a clause that allowed them to dump him with a relatively small pay off if he didn't make the UCL doesn't exactly sound like a vote of confidence. Sounds like the sort of clause you give to a manager who you were never really sold on.

The truth is out there...
Moyes knew he had the job for over a year before he eventually assumed the post.

wedward

ibhgoNA2B27ScW.gif

Iniesta truly is the chosen one. After that goal he could see the matrix.

Wilbur

Banned
That's certainly what the press desperately tries to spin stories on. Despite many reports saying otherwise. But keep believing if it makes you feel better, he's certainly not coming now.

I can feel it. His hand on his mobile.

"I have to call my wife"

"But Jose,' says Frank, 'your wife isn't called Ed"

I'm going to take this all as gospel now, cheers m8

#FergieIn

But pls Mou was begging for the job. When he found out Moyes got it, the fire died inside him.

"Do you want us to buy a striker, Jose?"
"What does it matter? No one will be as good as Daniel Nii Tackie Mensah "Danny" Welbeck"
I'm glad you correctly put the last bit in quotes. Because that is true and he definitely did say that. I won't deny.

That's not claiming moral superiority because I'm not saying Barcelona are exactly shining bright right now. And Chelsea are possibly the most despicable club in European football right now. And Barca might be right up there thanks to that cunt Rosell.

Well is sure is a funny thing to get up in arms about, considering your club.

Arsenal need more cunts. It's why we don't win. Jack needs to transform into a real cunt.

Honestly yes you do. In those matches where you have been completely destroyed by not even that great playing sides (like 6-0 Chelsea), you need someone to get in and just kick down a Chelsea player.

Ring the bell on your wheelchair and ask for your medication, they quite clearly forgot it.

ipcZijI2koTg8.gif

Lol, Busquets hasn't been a cunt for a while actually. Ditto Mascherano and Alves though they've had moments of cuntness. They've been too shit this season to really be cunty. Alba's not a cunt, ditto Messi. Child trafficking we've been over.

I'll tell you who's a cunt at Barca. Neymar. Diving around and generally being shit. Rosell was also a giant cunt and is largely responsible for the mess we're in now.

kAl9EGr.jpg

lol

Salazar

FF, there's a big Neymar sunglasses billboard on my road.

They've had to write Neymar Jr in big letters down the bottom though.

Cos nobody knows who he is, innit

Moyes knew he had the job for over a year before he eventually assumed the post.
Well I'm working off the assumption that they were actively looking in to other possible managers, giving them hope, and ultimately dashing it. Resulting in Mourinho's well documented and 100% legitimate salty tears. José and Fergie are supposed to be good chums who share secrets. What sort of pal would Fergie be if he let Mou believe he was in the running if he had decided on Moyes a year earlier? I'm just going on what the papers and my local United fans tell me.

Arnie

Bl3D6nwCIAAcHTq.jpg

Brendan on the owners.
City officials on the new stadium.
Martinez on Cleverley.
Nanny beheaded.

Worth the price of admission surely.

José Mourinho;109131480 said:
Well I'm working off the assumption that they were actively looking in to other possible managers, giving them hope, and ultimately dashing it. Resulting in Mourinho's well documented and 100% legitimate salty tears. José and Fergie are supposed to be good chums who share secrets. What sort of pal would Fergie be if he let Mou believe he was in the running if he had decided on Moyes a year earlier? I'm just going on what the papers and my local United fans tell me.
I don't doubt that Mourinho at least eyed the job up, but it was never going to be offered to him. Ever.

Moyes had that job on lockdown for over a year.

facht

good news for you Juve-bros: Salvio is out with a broken arm. that's one of our best players out.

probable line-up:

Oblak
Maxi Garay Luisão Siqueira
Fesja
Gaitan Enzo Marko
combination of Rodrigo/Lima/Cardozo

Cappa

Banned
I'm pretty sure there was no actual contact and that was just a bad camera angle cos I'd have expected Pepe and half the Madrid team to have went nuts if biscuits had actually done that. Instead it was handbags with Fabregas.

Yes it was good acting, the camera angle by the director was just perfect.....

Arnie

Who could Arsenal actually get to replace Wenger?

If United are struggling for options they're going to be up a river without a paddle.

Yes it was good acting, the camera angle by the director was just perfect.....

Pepe's not the kind to not react to that. Which is why I just think it's the angle. The reason why I don't think there was a stamp was because not a single Madrid player reacted to it during the match.

All that said being a cunt to a cunt cancels out the cuntyness.

Barça will be around winning titles long after that defeat. But someday again, Chelsea will be the irrelevant little shit they always were.

Don't forget the only reason Roman bought Chelsea in the first place, was because they were in CL. You're not getting rid that easily... and uhm, not to disappoint, but Roman is well on his way to training his son to be his successor and while I have no doubt Roman and his son likes spending money, that money tank isn't going to empty itself in our lifetime. Be excited.

ixJQ2rWLL572L.gif

Pepe's not the kind to not react to that. Which is why I just think it's the angle. The reason why I don't think there was a stamp was because not a single Madrid player reacted to it during the match.

All that said being a cunt to a cunt cancels out the cuntyness.

Did you even watch the match? HE DID REACT TO IT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWTXK8oh86o

I'm pretty sure there was no actual contact and that was just a bad camera angle cos I'd have expected Pepe and half the Madrid team to have went nuts if biscuits had actually done that. Instead it was handbags with Fabregas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aROsphW9GwI

Most Madrid players didn't see it and Diego Lopez tells the referee that Biscuits stepped on Pepe.

He looks for Pepe instants before and clearly aims for his head. Cuntiest move of Biscuits in a while.

Clegg

James Ducker's article in the Times makes for grim reading.

When United were trailing 2-0 to Olympiakos, Moyes started remonsatrating with the 4th official over a decision the ref made. A United player shouted over to the official "Send him off, we'd be better off."

Then there's the incident from a few weeks ago when he punished Welbeck, Cleverley and Smalling for going on a night out despite the fact there were ten days until the next game and Moyes has given the squad four days off. Apparently, a couple of weeks before, a first team player showed up for training an hour late and hung over, but no punishment was given.

TrueBlue

Don't forget the only reason Roman bought Chelsea in the first place, was because they were in CL. You're not getting rid that easily... and uhm, not to disappoint, but Roman is well on his way to training his son to be his successor and while I have no doubt Roman and his son likes spending money, that money tank isn't going to empty itself in our lifetime. Be excited.

ixJQ2rWLL572L.gif

I like your positive outlook.

Btw, Cahill is an amazing CB.
I remember when he first joined and many folks on the Chelsea forum I then frequented kept referring to him as "only a Bolton player". I disagreed and thought he was a really good shout. I feel vindicated these days.

ixJQ2rWLL572L.gif

Did you even watch the match? HE DID REACT TO IT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWTXK8oh86o
Look at Arkadiy. The passionless, money spending, plastic mug.

L1NETT

Who could Arsenal actually get to replace Wenger?

If United are struggling for options they're going to be up a river without a paddle.

Bang. On.

Easy to quip "get out wenger" every time summat goes wrong. Not saying he shouldn't look at leaving soonish, but the lack of class shown for arguably one of their best managers ever is fucking pathetic.

But I can't see many viable alternatives who would realistically come to Arsenal. Any 11 year old FIFA player could fart out names like Klopp/Simone and the like.

Unsurprising short shortsightedness from bloodthirsty goldfish of fans.

I just want Martinez to rock up and the exact same thing to happen at Arsenal

Scum

When United were trailing 2-0 to Olympiakos, Moyes started remonsatrating with the 4th official over a decision the ref made. A United player shouted over to the official "Send him off, we'd be better off."

Then there's the incident from a few weeks ago when he punished Welbeck, Cleverley and Smalling for going on a night out despite the fact there were ten days until the next game and Moyes has given the squad four days off. Apparently, a couple of weeks before, a first team player showed up for training an hour late and hung over, but no punishment was given.

Evra for the 1st incident. Rooney or Giggs for the 2nd.

Bellend.

Salazar

Aye. Need to scrub the squad a bit, install a manager who is hard enough, clever enough, and wins enough to be sufficiently secure in the job to put some fear into the bastards.

Martyn Ziegler ‏@martynziegler 42m
Man Utd shares close more than $1 up after Moyes sacking at $18.78 - total value of club has risen by around £110m in last nine hours.

kharma45

I wonder which player it was that shouted that.

Wilbur

Banned
Why have I never read this before

Moyes started his career at Icelandic club ÍBV Vestmannaeyjar playing half a season with the youth team in 1978.[9] Moyes enjoyed a career that encompassed playing at a number of different clubs, usually as a centre-half, beginning at Celtic, where he won a championship medal and made 24 league appearances, and ending with Preston North End.

As a player with Cambridge United, he received abuse from team-mate Roy McDonough for his religious belief; Moyes is a practising Christian. McDonough felt that religion was distracting them from focusing on playing, speaking of Moyes, Alan Comfort and Graham Daniels he said: "The three of them sat in the changing room with a little black book, discussing their beliefs, when they should have been getting psyched up for a relegation scrap."[10] Following a 3–3 draw with Wigan Athletic on 9 March 1985, McDonough, who was 26 years old at the time, states that he "battered" 20-year-old Moyes for not putting sufficient effort into the game.[10]

jtb

Banned
well, when Wenger is the one causing things to go horribly wrong, why not call for him to leave? he clearly doesn't coach these players, he is philosophically opposed to tactics, he's comically inept in the transfer market—all of which begs the question, what exactly does he bring to the table?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom