• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I joke about Klopp and Pep coming to Arsenal just because they have the ideal style to replace Wenger, but realistically I have no idea who we could even go for, and that's why I think whenever Arsene leaves, the board will just listen to him just like the Utd board did.

I am fully prepared for a season like Utd have had this season. And I really am worried for the future of the club.

Elchele

Don't know why everyone wants a big name coach. The real deal is in the young coaches nowdays

Streich
Markus Weinzierl
Roger Schmidt
Simeone
Pizzi
Klopp

surely I'm missing a couple of names

Salvadora

Ivan the terrible said Wenger is signing a new contract.

Wenger himself has made it pretty clear in many press conferences that he's staying.

Other than putting pen to paper, it looks straightforward to me. Strange that so many here think otherwise.

pulga

Banned
Ive ticked off at least two years of my life on this trip.

Tell me, my lords, what happened at el Calderon today?

FootballFan

That's why the Glazers did it now.

LVG is the man with the plan.

I would love to watch his training sessions and interactions with the big shots in the squad.

Rooney: I wants ta playeh beheind Van Purseh.

LVG: No.

Rooney: Soh wea do ya want me then?

LVG: Left right out.

Rooney: Fuck off ya cunt, I don't know how to play left back.

Something along those lines.

well, when Wenger is the one causing things to go horribly wrong, why not call for him to leave? he clearly doesn't coach these players, he is philosophically opposed to tactics, he's comically inept in the transfer market—all of which begs the question, what exactly does he bring to the table?
4th place.

jtb

Banned

Wenger himself has made it pretty clear in many press conferences that he's staying.

Other than putting pen to paper, it looks straightforward to me. Strange that so many here think otherwise.

eh, if it was happening, wouldn't it have happened by now? Wenger is literally the only manager where it would actually undermine his position if he signed an extension and that says it all, really.

you're probably right, but I do think Wenger is doing some soul searching before the end of the season. let's face it, this FA cup is basically the only chance he's going to have to win anything ever again as Arsenal manager so he won't get a better chance to leave on a high.

EmiPrime

Bang. On.

Easy to quip "get out wenger" every time summat goes wrong. Not saying he shouldn't look at leaving soonish, but the lack of class shown for arguably one of their best managers ever is fucking pathetic.

But I can't see many viable alternatives who would realistically come to Arsenal. Any 11 year old FIFA player could fart out names like Klopp/Simone and the like.

Unsurprising short shortsightedness from bloodthirsty goldfish of fans.

I just want Martinez to rock up and the exact same thing to happen at Arsenal

The lack of respect some fans show towards Arsene is disgraceful, I have no time for these people. Having some cunt within earshot complaining about "Whengah" and calling Giroud shit is my least favourite part of matches lately. Anyone who can't get behind the team when we're in a cup final and need to win every game to ensure 4th can piss off. It's thanks to Wenger that we got a state of the art training ground and a new stadium right next to the old one and he did it while being financially responsible and treating us to the greatest football team I have ever had the pleasure to watch during the unbeaten run. Even if this season falls apart and he leaves I will never have anything but love for the man and admiration for the things he achieved, nothing can taint that.

Scum

Strange? Oh I don't know. I mean, Moyesey just practically kick started Transfer Muppetry.

I would love to watch his training sessions and interactions with the big shots in the squad.

lool

wedward

Is Wenger staying or not? I don't think he is. He's retiring after the FA cup.

He isn't going anywhere. If you think he is you are deluding yourself.

Who could Arsenal actually get to replace Wenger?

If United are struggling for options they're going to be up a river without a paddle.

Pretty much. He will sign a 2 year extension and during that time they should work towards finding a replacement.

wedward

eh, if it was happening, wouldn't it have happened by now? Wenger is literally the only manager where it would actually undermine his position if he signed an extension and that says it all, really.

you're probably right, but I do think Wenger is doing some soul searching before the end of the season. let's face it, this FA cup is basically the only chance he's going to have to win anything ever again as Arsenal manager so he won't get a better chance to leave on a high.

what a sad sack you are.

When would a good time have been to announce it? He has said he will only stay on if he feels he has earned it. Top 4 or FA cup should be enough for him to feel he has earned it. It's going to be announced the day after the FA cup final if we win. If not, quietly during the World Cup.

José Mourinho;109135191 said:
The very soul of football thrived as Mourinho's Chelsea mounted a defensive master class unparalleled in its effectiveness. A sight to behold. A true beauty.

Chelsea won 0 - 0.

iF4yEmrUuaDPP.gif

Kalou dancing in the background. <3

Salazar

When Shinji Kagawa — never trusted by Moyes — arrived so late for the flight to Munich this month that he had to be fast-tracked through departures by United’s security staff he did so with a fixed smile on his face hinting that he really did not care.

:lol :lol

Yen

Only saw the first twenty minutes or so, saw Cech get injured. Was Mourinho acting a gobshite after the game? Is there more injuries?

With all the talk about what happened under Moyes, Van Gaal is going to be amazing.

Only saw the first twenty minutes or so, saw Cech get injured. Was Mourinho acting a gobshite after the game? Is there more injuries?

Mou didn't do anything as far as I know, apparently he hinted at using reserve players against you though. Cech is out for the rest of the season. Terry also went out...

rodvik

Don't forget the only reason Roman bought Chelsea in the first place, was because they were in CL. You're not getting rid that easily... and uhm, not to disappoint, but Roman is well on his way to training his son to be his successor and while I have no doubt Roman and his son likes spending money, that money tank isn't going to empty itself in our lifetime. Be excited.

ixJQ2rWLL572L.gif

Did you even watch the match? HE DID REACT TO IT

Frame 40. Legs. Upper left. Enhance. Give me a hard copy right there.

Salvadora

In terms of Wenger's successor, what is most concerning to me from this whole United situation is the dearth of world class managers.

Someone with name recognition and respect in the game would be good to stabilise the club in the post-Wenger era, and then we'll probably have to go for a Rodgers-esque punt.

wedward

In terms of Wenger's successor, what is most concerning to me from this whole United situation is the dearth of world class managers.

Someone with name recognition and respect in the game would be good to stabilise the club in the post-Wenger era, and then we'll probably have to go for a Rodgers-esque punt.

I'd be fine with Martinez in two years if he continues to improve.

Kolo was a legend for Arsenal. Will also be the first player to win the PL with three different clubs if he wins with Liverpool.

Never wanted him to leave in the first place.

Arnie

One thing that absolutely fucking astonished me on Football Weekly was that during Rodgers time at Watford, Malky Mackay was his first team coach and Sean Dyche was a member of his coaching staff.

United and Arsenal should take one of those two and it'll be like the three starters in Pokemon.

Wilbur

Banned
One thing that absolutely fucking astonished me on Football Weekly was that during Rodgers time at Watford, Malky Mackay was his first team coach and Sean Dyche was a member of his coaching staff.

United and Arsenal should take one of those two and it'll be like the three starters in Pokemon.

:lol

Froggie's back in the game then is he.

For fucks sake.

We'll be alright. He isn't gonna pick Owen Coyle or something, vulva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom