• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

We'd be foolish not to listen to SAF's input.

On this time have him draw up a fucking shortlist rather than only having one choice in mind.

Salazar

Froggie's back in the game then is he.

For fucks sake.

Eh. They'll be bright enough not to market this one as "Frogie's choice".

Rob Harris ‏@RobHarris 5h
Roy Keane blaming vicechair Ed Woodward in part for Moyes' struggles. Woodward met with MUFC scouting team today to look at transfer targets

We'll be alright. He isn't gonna pick Owen Coyle or something, vulva

Coyle has tactics meetings at McDonalds. You've perhaps wondered what it would be like if a futbolgaffer became a manager. But it never crossed your mind that brokenbeans was having us all on.

Lightning

Banned
In terms of Wenger's successor, what is most concerning to me from this whole United situation is the dearth of world class managers.

Someone with name recognition and respect in the game would be good to stabilise the club in the post-Wenger era, and then we'll probably have to go for a Rodgers-esque punt.
Succeeding Arsene is going to be a much easier task for any manager than succeeding Ferguson. The Arsenal fanbase are so split on Wenger it's not funny, guy gets slaughtered every time we lose, that when he's gone many fans will just be relieved he's no longer there that the next manager will get more time by default. It's a sad state because when Wenger's time comes to an end it should be a sad day but for some it will be a day to celebrate.

Above all else Wenger deserves respect from every Arsenal fan.

wedward

Succeeding Arsene is going to be a much easier task for any manager than succeeding Ferguson. The Arsenal fanbase are so split on Wenger it's not funny, guy gets slaughtered every time we lose, that when he's gone many fans will just be relieved he's no longer there that the next manager will get more time by default. It's a sad state because when Wenger's time comes to an end it should be a sad day but for some it will be a day to celebrate.

Above all else Wenger deserves respect from every Arsenal fan.

You called him a cunt like 3 times yesterday.

Portugeezer

If Ronaldo and Bale both play tomorrow Bayern are done mate.

finally_found_this_in_colour_enjoy_oh_boy-79442.gif

wedward

Martinez is a curious one, isn't he.

I think he ticks all the boxes for the #Arseneout folks

Dreams about tactics while sitting on an L shaped sofa with his wife staring at an ipad.

Believes soft tissue injuries are the managers fault.

Great in the transfer window.

Lightning

Banned
You called him a cunt like 3 times yesterday.
Certain things he does pisses me off. That doesn't mean I will help pack his bags to leave or throw a party when he's gone. Do I want him to leave? Only if the right manager is found and not for just anyone.

Martinez is not the right person. Let's see how he handles the mess he's getting himself into at Everton.

I think he ticks all the boxes for the #Arseneout folks

Dreams about tactics while sitting on an L shaped sofa with his wife staring at an ipad.

Believes soft tissue injuries are the managers fault.

Great in the transfer window.
Great in transfer window based on what?

How were his tactics when Liverpool kicked Everton's ass? Got turned over twice by a poor Spurs team?

This season he got lucky with loans and inherited a well oiled machine from Moyes. Everton finished 6th last season and pushed both Arsenal and Spurs all year. Martinez hasnt done anything.

Ancelotti would be ace.

But I can't see Madrid sacking him even if they don't win the league or the CL...cos...who else are they gonna get?

jtb

Banned
You can respect Wenger and his legacy and also respect the fact that he is no longer fit to manage the club. I want him to be successful, I want him to go out on a high to repair his legacy, I would love for him to go to a PSG and have one last period of success before retiring. He deserves that. but I don't need another two years to see what I already know—which is that Wenger has taken this team as far as he can.

With the injuries and bans we picked up tonight my hopes for the Liverpool game and Atletico second leg have been severely dampened. Bad luck leading to injuries... I might go all doicare.

Wilbur

Banned
so mine's better than Fergie's opinion
I knew it

The fact that he recommended Moyes is pretty telling :lol

@OliverKayTimes: @_PaulHayward Even if Ferguson had appointed Steve Kean last summer, his input would be infinitely more valuable than that of any Glazer.

Enuff sed.

Wilbur

Coyle's autograph incorporates a smiley face

jHDjcX6.jpg

Parts of my body are shaking

o h
m y
g i d d y
c u n t

That's not real. It can't be, Sal.

Ancelotti would be ace.

But I can't see Madrid sacking him even if they don't win the league or the CL...cos...who else are they gonna get?

Moyes

wedward

Certain things he does pisses me off. That doesn't mean I will help pack his bags to leave or throw a party when he's gone. Do I want him to leave? Only if the right manager is found and not for just anyone.

Martinez is not the right person. Let's see how he handles the mess he's getting himself into at Everton.

fair enough. I agree with all of that.

Definitely not sold on Martinez, but I think he has potential. Don't think you can rule him out yet. If he manages top 5 or 4 next season I think he has done extremely well.

Think hard about ways in which this could be symbolic

he'll be purchasing a w shaped sofa this summer along. Lukaku will sign his contract while sitting on it.

Catching up on the stories now.

Fergie will "have a say" but the final decision rests with Woodward and the Glazers. So he doesn't have a say really. Also lol at asking him if Moyes should be sacked or not...after telling him he's being sacked anyway.

Why does Woodward tell the media everything. I honestly don't understand. It's been a day. So much shit has already been briefed. He's so fucking thick.

wedward

How were his tactics when Liverpool kicked Everton's ass? Got turned over twice by a poor Spurs team?

This season he got lucky with loans and inherited a well oiled machine from Moyes. Everton finished 6th last season and pushed both Arsenal and Spurs all year. Martinez hasnt done anything.

What? He got closer to top 4 this year than Everton did last year. He already has more points than they did last year.

Sure he inherited some of Moyes squad. Wenger inherited a great spine when he came to Arsenal.

Nice cherry picking results. Where were Mourhino's tactics when they lost to palace? Where were Brendan's when we beat them? Where were City's when they drew Sunderland? What a dumb thing to say.

Luck is a huge part of the transfer window. Everton were lucky Chelsea didn't want Lukaku. We were lucky Madrid didn't want Ozil. United were lucky Chelsea didn't want Mata.

Wilbur

Banned
Catching up on the stories now.

Fergie will "have a say" but the final decision rests with Woodward and the Glazers. So he doesn't have a say really. Also lol at asking him if Moyes should be sacked or not...after telling him he's being sacked anyway.

Why does Woodward tell the media everything. I honestly don't understand. It's been a day. So much shit has already been briefed. He's so fucking thick.

He really is. Just fucking spewing everything out into the wind.

Lightning

Banned
why does he love him? I have no idea. but he was Perez's top choice when they signed Ronaldo and Kaka and they had informal discussions about it too, I think
You seem like you want wenger gone. Who do we target? I'd certainly rather wenger leave a winner at Wembley then a loser who oversees us knocked out of the top 4.

What? He got closer to top 4 this year than Everton did last year. He already has more points than they did last year.

Sure he inherited some of Moyes squad. Wenger inherited a great spine when he came to Arsenal.

Luck is a huge part of the transfer window. Everton were lucky Chelsea didn't want Lukaku. We were lucky Madrid didn't want Ozil. United were lucky Chelsea didn't want Mata.
Barely closer. He got his points by exploiting Moyes.

He only got a loan for Lukaku. When he leaves this summer no transfer fee for replacement. Arsenal and United brought their players so he's left himself in a hole, that's not building for the future that is a short term fix. Özil and Mata is building someyhing because they will still be around, he has to start again in the summer at Everton because of loans. That's not great in my opinion for a team wanting top 4.

TrueBlue

José Mourinho;109139454 said:
With the injuries and bans we picked up tonight my hopes for the Liverpool game and Atletico second leg have been severely dampened. Bad luck leading to injuries... I might go all doicare.

Cech is a huge blow. Terry might not be so bad assuming we sneak past Atletico and get to the final. Makes things that much harder with the suspensions.

As if immediate memories of a 2-0 defeat by the worst team left in the Champions League were not enough to darken the mood on the Manchester United flight home from Athens in February, the sight of David Moyes’s reading material was enough to prompt further shaking of heads.

A management self-help guide called Good to Great was Moyes’s choice after his team’s 2-0 defeat by Olympiacos that we now know was the tipping point of the Scot’s dismal reign at Old Trafford.

The book was noted by Moyes’s players, the reaction predictable.

I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THIS

I CAN'T

faridmon

The fuck I am reading?

wedward

Eh, I feel for the guy. He probably knew he was out of his depth the second he showed up at Fergie's house. But how do you say no to that job.

EmiPrime

Arsenal is Arsene's life work, he is responsible for everything that is contemporary Arsenal. The players want him to stay, the board wants him to stay and most fans want him to stay too (as long as we get 4th and the FA Cup). He will sign a new contract as long as this season doesn't fall apart.

I'd love Pires or Bergkamp to eventually take over because I am a hopeless sentimentalist.

Salazar

I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THIS

I CAN'T

Level 5 Leadership: Leaders who are humble, but driven to do what's best for the company.

First Who, Then What: Get the right people on the bus, then figure out where to go. Finding the right people and trying them out in different positions.

Confront the Brutal Facts: The Stockdale paradox—Confront the brutal truth of the situation, yet at the same time, never give up hope.

Hedgehog Concept: Three overlapping circles: What lights your fire ("passion")? What could you be best in the world at ("best at")? What makes you money ("driving resource")?

Culture of Discipline: Rinsing the cottage cheese.

Technology Accelerators: Using technology to accelerate growth, within the three circles of the hedgehog concept.

The Flywheel: The additive effect of many small initiatives; they act on each other like compound interest.

What the fuck at the bolded

It's all just fucking metaphor soup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom