• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

subtles

iSUzun9jcKoQn.gif

In all fairness, if this were my previous life

and I tried to move to greener pastures

only to be dishonored by Fergie

then abused by Moyes

I would commit seppuku.

Lightning

Banned
That was never the argument.

You said he hadn't improved the team. They have a chance of finishing 13 points better off than last season. Almost every Everton player is having their best season.

Nobody said he is ready for the step up. I said in 2 years we would have to see.
Unless I'm mistaken Moyes got Everton into the CL qualification phase only to not qualify?

Its his fucking first year. What the the hell are you expecting him to do? Win the League?

Yeah, even I said he would fail at Arsenal. I don't what is Lightning smoking?

Lightning pls, you are better than Willbur level of arguments
I expected less than what he's achieved but I also didn't expect him to get linked to the Arsenal job and that's what I was discussing.

I don't think it fair to call Martinez great in the transfer market based on a few loans who are not long term.

Slizz

I genuinely don't give a shit about all the things that Moyes did wrong and what the club did wrong. It's pointless.

I care about who the hell is going to manage the team next season and what players we are going to bring in now that Moyes is gone.

I genuinely don't give a shit about all the things that Moyes did wrong and what the club did wrong. It's pointless.

I care about who the hell is going to manage the team next season and what players we are going to bring in now that Moyes is gone.

But Giggs started having has his tea in Moyes' seat before Moyes even left.

How can you not care.

Ryan-Giggs-009.jpg

"In January when Moyes took his team to Dubai on a training break, he allowed them a night out.

Some players rewarded him by returning at 5am, waking other guests.

When Shinji Kagawa — never trusted by Moyes — arrived so late for the flight to Munich this month that he had to be fast-tracked through departures by United’s security staff he did so with a fixed smile on his face hinting that he really did not care."
tumblr_mlenb8dsQD1qhqs8so1_250.gif

faridmon

Unless I'm mistaken Moyes got Everton into the CL qualification phase only to not qualify?

I expected less than what he's achieved but I also didn't expect him to get linked to the Arsenal job and that's what I was discussing.

I don't think it fair to call Martinez great in the transfer market based on a few loans who are not long term.

Honestly, you are comparing apples and oranges at this point.

You are really undermining the work Martinez have put into the team, we have a nice future of both young generation coming through (Barkley, Jhon Stones, Coleman) with experienced squad (Jagielka, Baines, Distin) and establiehd a nice flow of finance that could very well set us for even bigger future.

Shut up about the loans already. Everyone does it, why can't we?

Scum

Moyes should just leave the country. Travel the world with the missus. Check out football from across Yurop and the globe. Pick up some insight along the way.
Stay away from punditry. Stay away from the muppet press.

faridmon

Moyes should just leave the country. Travel the world with the missus. Check out football from across Yurop and the globe. Pick up some insight along the way.

Stay away from punditry. Stay away from the muppet press.

The see him get the Barca job in 2 year time!

Its all part of the plan!

Of all the stories about players being mean...that Kagawa one doesn't really make sense to me.

He was late...okay...but his smile was the telling part....why...weird one.

Subtles is right though, Shinji has been treated horrifically - yet he still loves us. Shinji's dad is a dude.

Meier

At training, United’s players soon became disenchanted with his sessions.

They found them boring. One coach appointed by Moyes was referred to as ‘F*** Off (insert name here)’, simply because that was what some players felt like saying when he started talking.

Nor was the disaffection and the disloyalty restricted to the training ground. Towards the end of that game in Athens, for example, Moyes found himself arguing with the fourth official.

‘Send him off,’ came one voice from among the substitutes. ‘We would be better off without him.’ A clear act of insubordination, it astonished those who heard it — but it was not an isolated incident.

Sad stuff.

We should have a Football Gaf meetup in Cardiff on the 12th August and get a bunch of tickets for the Super Cup final. That thing never sells out so it will be really fucking easy!

Of all the stories about players being mean...that Kagawa one doesn't really make sense to me.

He was late...okay...but his smile was the telling part....why...weird one.

Subtles is right though, Shinji has been treated horrifically - yet he still loves us. Shinji's dad is a dude.

They're reading too much into it. Kagawa is a friendly guy with a smile on his face a lot. There's a reason why he's hanging out with a lot of United players since he first arrived despite not speaking much english.

There's a Batak challenge video currently up here on United's website and you can see how upbeat he is.

Wilbur

Banned
if it means winning the Champions League then yes :D

it's an actual football match that might be fun and easy to get tickets too! Why wouldn't you want to go!

Because it's Cardiff

Don't rule me out yet but pls why can't you just come to Royston park it's only five minutes from my house

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom