• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really does. I can understand incredulity at the sight of the Manchester United manager reading (and needing) a self-help book, but when you look into the nature of the particular book, it's just so, so Moyes. It would have been wholly self-affirmation. His copy is probably dense with excitable, approving annotation.

I'm definitely keeping Doom Loop, though. That phrase is a fucking winner. And a potential Clegg tag.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
When did we part ways, Yurt? When?

we never did <3

but I'm serious Bla! Even Mata and Llorente were in that squad, and I don't consider them world champions. Or at least they shouldn't gloat about it :lol

edit: Oh hey, Llorente did play against Portugal!
I'm definitely keeping Doom Loop, though. That phrase is a fucking winner. And a potential Clegg tag.
this KILLED me :lol :lol

Blablurn

Rummenigge declared the start of an ice age between Dortmund and Bayern. There will be no more meetings between the clubs officials before the games (those were regular before, like meeting for lunch or smth).

I still talk to you, Milch.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Inter honorary president Massimo Moratti: "Jose Mourinho did not find satisfaction at Real Madrid, but now he is at Chelsea, another club he is fond of. I know that he&#8217;d come back here to Inter. He can&#8217;t right now, but maybe he&#8217;ll arrive later on after Walter Mazzarri, who is another very good coach, has won three Scudetti.&#8221;

Mazzarri

a very good coach

winning THREE Scudetti

walter-mazzari.png

Mou won't come back to Inter.

sixghost

Me saying that Martinez has to do more for the stability and future of your club. Lukaku is a very good grab but he'll be gone in the summer with no transfer fee. A replacement of equal quality with pl experience will cost you 30m which you don't have. Martinez hasn't strengthened Everton long term, he provided something to get through the season and thats it.
Why are you only focusing on transfers in this respect? He brought Barkley and Stones through in a way I doubt Moyes would have done. Barkley had been good enough to play for two years but Moyes didn't think he was better than an out of position Fellaini, Darren Gibson or Phil fucking Neville. He would have shit his pants at the thought of a 19 year old center back who does anything other than hoof it when the ball is passed to him. Martinez made both of them regular starters.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
ArsenalGAF rejoice

After Thomas Vermaelen&#8217;s agent confirmed Napoli interest, it&#8217;s reported the Arsenal defender is in talks with Inter.

Yesterday the Belgian international&#8217;s representative Alex Kroes told calciomercato.com that &#8220;Napoli have been on the player and stepped forward, but just as the Neapolitans have, other clubs have shown their interest and not just Italian clubs.

&#8220;Wait until after the World Cup, where Vermaelen is going to do his best, then we will face any kind of discourse for the future.&#8221;

Today it is reported by ultimecalcionapoli.it that Kroes is in Italy for negotiations with Inter Coach Walter Mazzarri.

It&#8217;s claimed they met in the Livorno province of San Vincenzo, Mazzarri&#8217;s home town.

The agent is also expected to be in Rome on Thursday, having already visited Genoa.

Evra - Vermaelen - Vidic - Jonathan

Serie C2.

Pachimari

I'm really feeling it tonight. We'll win against Bayern or at least on aggregate.

Also, can't believe those who are suggesting Ancelotti to Manu. Perez won't let go of Ancelotti after one season. Ancelotti is a personal fave of him and has been for years.

Pachimari

Yeah, we just experienced "United are not going to sack Moyes this early".
But what most don't seem to have in mind is, that Ancelotti have always been a personal favorite of Florentino Perez. He tried signing him 3 times in the past and finally succeeded and Ancelotti have done a very good job so far. Even if we don't win the league or Champions League, he's in Madrid come next season as well. Everything else is delusional.

Jack cw

But what most don't seem to have in mind is, that Ancelotti have always been a personal favorite of Florentino Perez. He tried signing him 3 times in the past and finally succeeded and Ancelotti have done a very good job so far. Even if we don't win the league or Champions League, he's in Madrid come next season as well. Everything else is delusional.

Even then Perez is obsessed with la decima and the fact that the Barca domination for 5 years made him butthurt beyond imagination. If Ancelotti fails to establish a Real Madrid that whipes the floor with Europe in the next few years and doesnt win the CL in this or next year then its only a question of time when Perez sacks him. I know plug will cry about this post, but the truth is, being coach of Real is the most thankless job. The expectiations of the the board and fans are ridiculous.

Gambit

I believe. I just hope la bestia negra is hungry tonight. This is going to be the first world class opposition Real plays against.

I hope the team is "on" again. Götze seems to be coming out of his short slump, but Ribery is still in the thick of it.

As is often the case, we'll need Robben.

I was nearly tempted to guess tonight's lineup, but then I remembered we have Pep now.

So sad about Hojbjerg's father. Poor kid.

Jack cw

I hope the team is "on" again. Götze seems to be coming out of his short slump, but Ribery is still in the thick of it.

As is often the case, we'll need Robben.

I was nearly tempted to guess tonight's lineup, but then I remembered we have Pep now.

So sad about Hojbjerg's father. Poor kid.

True. I dont think Götze is going to start. He will come for Ribery though if he doesnt perform well enough. He has to play against Coentrao and this should be one of the weak spots in Reals defence, so his performance is key tonight. Robben will deliver, as always and our midfield must do an outstanding job to stop Real playing long passes to Bale or Ronaldo. If we manage to keep the counters at a minimum, I can see us winning this pretty comfortably. Basically what Dortmund did a few weeks ago. All we need is a good result tonight, because Allianz Arena will be hell for Real.

Jack cw

they say the trend is your friend but i dont believe it today :/

Courage, bla!
We have nothing to lose. We made it to the semis, won the league, are in the cup final and won the treble last season. Regardless of the result tonight, our season is incredible and if we manage to beat Real or get knocked out, then so be it. We are not under such pressure from our president and the supporters. We can only win tonight.

Jack cw

They're gonna win for Hojbjerg.

I hope so, the team spirit at Bayern is great and we managed to comeback from the drama at home in 2012, managed to beat our nemesis with Dortmund, came back against a destructive United and won many matches because of pure will. Bestia Negra will deliver!

But the thought of playing for Hojbjerg means also playing for elsk...

Blablurn

Courage, bla!
We have nothing to lose. We made it to the semis, won the league, are in the cup final and won the treble last season. Regardless of the result tonight, our season is incredible and if we manage to beat Real or get knocked out, then so be it. We are not under such pressure from our president and the supporters. We can only win tonight.

They're gonna win for Hojbjerg.

hope so guys! i just dont wanna get embarassed lol

Real Madrid or Bayern will probably win tonight, or maybe a draw.

:lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Gianluca Di Marzio,: Alexis Sanchez has agreed terms to leave Barcelona for Juventus this summer.

With there buying power curtailed, Barca are hesitant to let Sanchez leave. That said, Di Marzio believes that the return of Gerard Deulofeu from Everton this summer could plug the hole Sanchez would leave in the Barcelona team regardless of the transfer ban.

I don't want anyone or anything from Barcelona.

Gambit

True. I dont think Götze is going to start. He will come for Ribery though if he doesnt perform well enough. He has to play against Coentrao and this should be one of the weak spots in Reals defence, so his performance is key tonight. Robben will deliver, as always and our midfield must do an outstanding job to stop Real playing long passes to Bale or Ronaldo. If we manage to keep the counters at a minimum, I can see us winning this pretty comfortably. Basically what Dortmund did a few weeks ago. All we need is a good result tonight, because Allianz Arena will be hell for Real.

Agreed. I just hope our DMs won't be Kroos and Schweinsteiger, which never works. One of them has to either be Lahm or Martinez. (Kroos should play a little higher up). I wouldn't mind last season's midfield at all. That would be our best bet to stop counters from happening.

Anyway, Pep will deliver. Or so I hope.

Such a shame Thiago is missing.

kmax

It's incredible that this will be the third consecutive final that Bayern plays in if they go through to the final. They have the chance to be the first team in Europe to win the Champions League twice in a row.

At the same time, Real Madrid has la decima to win, which has been our most important title to win for years. We have pretty much accepted that the league is in Atletico's hands, but Champions League really is up in the air. We're heading towards a great season. Bayern Munich is the best team in the world right now, so we couldn't ask for anything more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom