• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

Happy bday to you Arnie, and as we are likely not to get it (and as we will likely lose bad at Anfield due to missing our main keeper and main defender and possibly best player Hazard), you and the other liverpool fans all over the world will have deserved this emphatic title win.

Regarding yesterday's game, all I'll say is I absolutely love the Chelsea fans in here. Jose Mourinho aka Kyle, Steve, TrueBlue, Woodenlung, Qin, etc. you guys absolutely rule and your posts are a joy to read.

And, as is the case always, Yurt rules and Wilbury's epic posts to those who criticize "parking the bus" own.
A wild Fady appears! :)

Do you not feel that Chelsea with their expensive manager and very expensive team should perhaps not be hiding from an impoverished AM side though?

Like if you spend all this fucking money to then be outshone performance and attacking wise by a team that is struggling financially, does that not maybe stick in the craw at some level that these defensive performances are what you get for that obscene amount of money?

Pretty sure that's the reason for which Roman fired Mourinho the first time.

Cause Roman was a dumb fuck. Although that was clearly not the only reasons, the reasons also being Mourinho being very unhappy with the players getting bought and the results being shit.

and no, opening yourself up to counters against Atletico would have been suicide, got no football moral obligations to anyone because of the money spent.
What Wooden said.

You spend money on the players you want, there comes a time that you must play a certain way regardless of expenditure. People love to think there is this wonderful correlation between money spent and "good" football. However, there's not.

I want a team who are effective. If the team we have are just that, for the money spent, then I and nearly all Chelsea fans will be happy.

Manchester City spend loads of money and play much nicer football than us. Where has it got them?

Chelsea can obv play whatever way they like and that's fair enough and considering the circumstances it made some sense to set up the way they did yesterday.

But

I'll still maintain that I think it's a shame a club with such resource is yet to commit to a more expansive and exciting way of playing. Don't expect Chelsea or it's fans to care, if they win they're happy. But comments like "it's about more than winning" aren't ridiculous at all IMO. It's a perfectly justifiable point of view. Surely Chelsea fans would be happier winning in more style? Were it possible of course. Is it possible for Chelsea...I think so.

Jack cw

I just don't post about it anymore. I have a large chunk of the new world cup jerseys. I also bought a Muller Bayern home kit because why not.
tumblr_n45dgidi2g1t798fdo2_250.gif

Kyoufu

Holy crap, Di Matteo Moyes has been sacked!

Did anyone else feel their soul wanting to escape the prison of their body as they watched the Chelsea game last night?

Feorax

Am I reading it that there's no mention of the players in that statement?

Moyes was never the right man for the job, but the attitude of some of the playing staff has been horrific this season. Huge changes needed.

Nah, definitely no thanks for the players and clear about the need to revamp the squad.

Fair enough.

It is a managers job, in any walk of life, to ensure people do their best and enjoy what they do. The players have obviously been terrible and must take responsibility too. Not any single persons faults. Moyes has gone for his mistakes and I hope players leave in the summer for theirs.

Edit - Also no mention of the suits, again more than fair enough.

Football should have judges like boxing. In the case of draws the judges could award style and flair points to determine the outcome. Then, there should be two league tables like F1, the actual table and the moral table. That way effective teams could be rewarded for their ugly wins whilst Barcelona and their ilk could lift the Moral Victors Cup every year.

Football would be alive!

Marc

Jack - More than two clubs?

:)

My understanding that Chelsea are still paying off his contract, so he doesn't need to work. If he gets another job, the payments end.

His contract length was fairly short and surely a top club would be close to matching it, personally think he just hasnt had any offers.

Salvadora

Quite a classy statement from Moyes there.

United might need the likes of Van Gaal and Keane at the club to keep the players from becoming too big for their boots.

Salazar

I'm sure Shinji will suffer all the torments of Tartarus for wearing a slight smirk as he was whisked through customs.

I fucking chortled when I read that as a mark against his conduct.

What do they want - garment-rending ?

United might need the likes of Van Gaal and Keane at the club to keep the players from becoming too big for their boots.

Or we could recruit gutless midgets. Different strokes.

Keane is an utter piece of shit of a man and an awful manager.

Great player, exactly what you want as a player.

That's where it ends for him in football aside from being fun every now and then on ITV.

I think Fergie has done United a huge favour. He knew the probability of reproducing what he had accomplished was minuscule. There was no point in bringing in a real world class manager and giving United fans en masse the genuine hope of producing a Fergie mk II. Instead, he and the club took a poor season in stride, employed Moyes knowing he'd inevitably fail. Now, none of you have any expectations and the only way is up. United can become part of the hiring and firing status quo. He eased you all in gently by recommending a man that nobody, in their heart of hearts, believed had it in him.

I'm sure Shinji will suffer all the torments of Tartarus for wearing a slight smirk as he was whisked through customs.

I fucking chortled when I read that as a mark against his conduct.

What do they want - garment-rending ?

Public self flagellation. Would've happened under Fergie doncha know.

L1NETT

anyone else seen the trailer for Next Goal Wins? It's to do with training the American Samoa team that lost 31-0 to Australia.

Looks pretty neat, will check that out.

Best sports docs aren't always centered on the sport though.

TT Closer to the Edge and Senna are great, recommend people to check those out.

Russell Brand is terrible.

Revolution, yeah. Fuck the political system yeah, Fuck them bankers, yeah.

*goes off to back multi million pound hollywood film.

Salazar

Tor Kristian Karlsen seems so much more sane, informative, and clued-in than that Fjortoft cock.

His Guardian piece makes me terrified of Wooders being the axis of all this decision-making, though. A casual admiration for Kloppo and a consciousness that Moyesball was dire do not a footballing mind make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom