• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Jesus Christ, look at Diaby's leg.
Bl2kbmKCYAAeMIH.jpg:large

Frankenstein-esque.

Wrap him in cotton wool and save him for Anfield next season please.

#weak #black #legs

Zabojnik

Vidal is out for tomorrow. 3-5-1-1 with Marchisio incoming. Which means we'll be actually playing 5-4-1, channeling our inner Chelsea.

Conte out.

Jarnet87

It's going to take much longer than a week. Research needs to be done, then a shortlist compiled and then interviews conducted. Don't expect anything until the end of the season. And even of we decide on a manager, we may have to wait until July if its Van Gaal.

Couldn't we appoint van Gaal as manager now though if he was our guy. We would probably have to ask permission from the KNVB no?

Not believing the Shaw or Carlvaho deal unless it's official. It would be nice to have Shaw in and Evra out though, the old guard must be completely wiped out.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Vidal is out for tomorrow. 3-5-1-1 with Marchisio incoming. Which means we'll be actually playing 5-4-1, channeling our inner Chelsea.

Conte out.

we CANNOT use a 3-5-2 against their formation. They'll bukkake us back to Italy.

but we will

Conte out, Sherwood in <3

Wilbur

Banned
Whoever gets Shaw, he'll be their left back for ten-fifteen years. It's a lot of money and sets a precedent for youngsters, but he'll be going straight in as first choice so it's not dreadful business.

Salvadora

Whoever gets Shaw, he'll be their left back for ten-fifteen years. It's a lot of money and sets a precedent for youngsters, but he'll be going straight in as first choice so it's not dreadful business.

£100,000 p/w at 18 years of age is absolutely mental.

He's quality like, but still.

Wilbur

Banned
Why would Rafa want to piss off all Liverpool fans by doing that?

I don't think he would. Don't think they had any particular gripes about him going to Chelsea, but moving to United would ruin his image a bit.

Not that it would happen, there's no way we'd consider him. Fergie would have a stroke.

£100,000 p/w at 18 years of age is absolutely mental.

He's quality like, but still.

It is. #basedwoodward

Fuck it, I want him. DO IT

Sell Rooney Louis, and DO IT

If LVG takes Keane with him, I hope ManUtd goes for Ancellotti instead. Keane would destroy them to the point where it wouldn't be funny anymore. As much as some players need a kick in their side to shape up, they don't deserve a Gary Busey as a coach.

Jack cw

If LVG takes Keane with him, I hope ManUtd goes for Ancellotti instead. Keane would destroy them to the point where it wouldn't be funny anymore. As much as some players need a kick in their side to shape up, they don't deserve a Gary Busey as a coach.

LOL, Ancelotti wont go anywhere :D

Wilbur

Banned
Gary Busey :lol

Think the Keane talk is a bit of bollocks, really. He's only just joined Ireland, I don't think he has any particular affinity for us despite his playing history. Not sure where the media would be getting that information from considering it's only been eleven minutes since Moyes was seen running out the back door in fits of tears and dropping all his copies of The Art Of War.

Wilbur

Banned
The fact that Ashley Young gets paid that obscene amount of money every seven days makes my rectum fall away from me. What a fucking joke.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
@LiverpoolGAF and anyone

What's the one thing Liverpool fans would never agree to do, as punishment. (something funny not "buy the Sun" :p)

sohois

Hypothetical, could Liverpool now hijack that??

Not even Chelsea would pay that much, let alone Liverpool. A bonkers deal - even if you assume he is the long term left back solution for the next 10-15 years as Wilbur mentions, if you start him at 100k/pw then the only way to go is up. In 5 years time he will be demanding 200k/pw. For a left back.

United are going to have to throw money around but that kind of spending is very bad long term. They are essentially setting a baseline whereby top players can demand Rooney wages whereas young talents can request 100k/pw.

Walshy

I'd be gutted if Liverpool didn't even attempt to go for Shaw.

£100k p/w for an 18-year old left back is insanity, though.

Gary Busey :lol

Think the Keane talk is a bit of bollocks, really. He's only just joined Ireland, I don't think he has any particular affinity for us despite his playing history. Not sure where the media would be getting that information from considering it's only been eleven minutes since Moyes was seen running out the back door in fits of tears and dropping all his copies of The Art Of War.

Did you see his TV special with Vieira? He's back going to United games with his son these days. Definitely still has affinity for the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom