• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
Just a side thought - Isn't there a potential conflict of interest in Giggs & Co being involved at United because of their ownership of Salford City ?

Salvadora

Keane is an utter piece of shit of a man and an awful manager.

Great player, exactly what you want as a player.

That's where it ends for him in football aside from being fun every now and then on ITV.
True, but you need someone with a bit of bite who can put Shinji back in his place.

Only be there for intimidation, really. Someone else would handle everything else.

He gets mentioned here a fair bit. Is he that famous in GB? Nobody even knows who he is around here.

We managed to ship him to America for a while before that totally failed for him, unfortunately he's back here now and has managed to con morons into thinking he is clever with faux-political horseshit. They seem to think articulacy and verbosity are the same as intelligence and insight.

He's the prophecy of Nathan Barley come true.

We managed to ship him to America for a while before that totally failed for him, unfortunately he's back here now and has managed to con morons into thinking he is clever with faux-political horseshit. They seem to think articulacy and verbosity are the same as intelligence and insight.

He's the prophecy of Nathan Barley come true.

All that needs to be said really.

King_Moc

Banned
When he attempts seriousness, Russell Brand appears to exist only to show the world just how erudite he is. He says nothing original at all, but just seeks to use as many words as possible that were predominately only used before 1950.

Fergie

Banned
So Scholes back to help Giggs and co. Nice. Wonder how training is going to be for the lads, can't wait for the weekend. Seeing the bench full of legends.

Happy birthday Arnie, enjoy the day.

Wilbur

Banned
Surely the best thing to have come out of Moyes' reign is this photo

urOlqCm.jpg

Pennywise

The best thing is Evil Kagawa Wilbur.

Evil Kagawa ‏@evilkagawa 26m

I no forget 1st day United. Giggs put arm around Kagawa. "I treat you like brother Shinji. What do wife look like?" He such kind old man!

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Wonder how long this selection process will take, a week maybe, two, cant afford much longer.

Wes

venison crêpe
Wes darling, we wouldn't pick on Villa in a moment of crisis.

I'm not picking on United in particular, but this current situation did make me think about it. Just wondering if such a thing like conflict of interest exists in football, particularly within the same national league setup.

We see owners owning teams in multiple countries. I can't think of a time when a manager of one club also had a significant ownership stake in a club within the same national pyramid system.

I'm not picking on United in particular, but this current situation did make me think about it. Just wondering if such a thing like conflict of interest exists in football, particularly within the same national league setup.

We see owners owning teams in multiple countries. I can't think of a time when a manager of one club also had a significant ownership stake in a club within the same national pyramid system.

It's an important issue which should be addressed; which is exactly why it won't be.

King_Moc

Banned

I'd wondered this yesterday. My guess is it's fine unless the new team gets to league 2, when they're considered professional.

I remember Murdoch wasn't allowed to buy Man Utd due to a conflict of interests, and the prem won't even allow loan players to face their parent club.

Guys, if Havant and Waterlooville win tonight they are guaranteed to finish in the playoff spots in Conference South. The road to playing against Portsmouth starts here.

It's the only big game this evening.

Clegg

Wonder how long this selection process will take, a week maybe, two, cant afford much longer.
It's going to take much longer than a week. Research needs to be done, then a shortlist compiled and then interviews conducted. Don't expect anything until the end of the season. And even of we decide on a manager, we may have to wait until July if its Van Gaal.

Wilbur

Banned
Guys, if Havant and Waterlooville win tonight they are guaranteed to finish in the playoff spots in Conference South. The road to playing against Portsmouth starts here.

It's the only big game this evening.

I beat Havant & Waterlooville in the last game of the Conference season with Sutton and relegated them

Fuck Havant & Waterlooville, they're nothing compared to the vast horrific empire that is Weston Super Mare.

It's going to take much longer than a week. Research needs to be done, then a shortlist compiled and then interviews conducted. Don't expect anything until the end of the season. And even of we decide on a manager, we may have to wait until July if its Van Gaal.

I'm pretty sure from the sounds of things that we'll be buying players even if we do have to wait until July for LvG.

TeddyBoy

Happy birthday Arnie!

Lots of sponsors and CL money. Think £60 milllion might be a bit conservative this summer. Might just be to regulate ourselves for FFP though.

We only really need to replace the players on loan with that cash injection and get another CM. Otherwise departures in sales will probably match expenditure.

I don't think theres a set budget so far, if a good player comes along at a price we like, we'll pay. Saw that with Willian, Costa, Micky, they just didn't want to come to us, that shouldn't be a problem next season.

Getting more sponsors just means we can have more players on the books rather than signing someone else, I'd rather not splurge too much and have a massive squad next season if we don't make the CL next season.

Zaha is coming home, believe. :) We're gonna have him, Tom Ince, Puncheon and Bolasie on the wings next season. And it's gonna be glorious.

I'm hoping Puncheon scores a hat rick for you at the weekend ;)

When he attempts seriousness, Russell Brand appears to exist only to show the world just how erudite he is. He says nothing original at all, but just seeks to use as many words as possible that were predominately only used before 1950.

Watching him on MOTD with Leonardo a month ago or so back was horrible he must of thought Brand was just a troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom