• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Quoting for the new page :(

@LiverpoolGAF and everyone

What's the one thing Liverpool fans would never agree to do, as punishment. (something funny not "force him to buy the Sun" :p)

Gurthang

Banned
I bet we are going to see a lot of this

Arjen+Robben+Real+Madrid+CF+v+Bayern+Muenchen+QzAABJMB6JYl.jpg

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
£30mill for a fullback, heard it reported we have £100mill yesterday, a third of our budget on a defender feels excessive

Wes

venison crêpe
£100k a week for an 18 year old?

I wonder if this is what they meant by overpaying to entice people to join them rather than clubs in the Champions League.

I don't disagree with the 30m fee though.

Wilbur

Banned
Not sure why it's such a crime to give a lot of money to a full back.

Did you see his TV special with Vieira? He's back going to United games with his son these days. Definitely still has affinity for the club.

Nah, didn't see that, still on the Sky box though. I stand corrected. Maybe Frogson being out of the picture a bit opens up some avenues, but he's got a lot to prove to show he's mature enough for a proper job again. Let's see how he does alongside the calming, serene graces of MON.

Walshy

Woodward vs Ayre

Pls I must see it
It would be a battle for the ages. Ayre would forever just be 'mointoring' Shaw though.

So do United just buy players now without consulting the manager? van Gaal is a control freak, no way he will let the likes of Woodward buy anyone they want to at will.

No bale? No Ronaldo?

Even if they were to play, they're not 100%. FUCK.

I hope we see the same Madrid team that we saw playing during the CDR, what a team that was! Bale, Di Maria and Isco killed it. The whole team played well really.

HALA MADRID!

Carbonox

Moyes will be the new DoF for United, believe. He will demand Gaal Drogo play Young and Cleverley.

Who would you say is the best avaliable RB atm?

Debuchy is legit but he's off to PSG no doubt cos he's gotta be with Cabaye. Was phenomenal during the first half of the campaign after his hilarious debut half-season.

£100k a week for an 18 year old?

I wonder if this is what they meant by overpaying to entice people to join them rather than clubs in the Champions League.

I don't disagree with the 30m fee though.
That's exactly what it is.

I still find it very hard to believe the Glazers will sanction this. But let's see. We can afford it...but I do agree it sets a risky precedent. Tough one though, do we have a choice? We're desperate anyway...and this is what desperation looks like.

It would be a battle for the ages. Ayre would forever just be 'mointoring' Shaw though.

So do United just buy players now without consulting the manager? van Gaal is a control freak, no way he will let the likes of Woodward buy anyone they want to at will.
From what I've read Van Gaal doesn't care that much about the recruitment, he sees himself more as a man who fancies himself at using whatever he has at his disposal. If he doesn't think Shaw will fit his system or vision...Shaw won't play. If he fits in, great. That type of thing.

Even so - yes, it does signal that they have identified players they want and will pursue them. Mayhaps they have spoken to a manager and found out what they think...but it's hardly set in stone.

Strange times for us.

Jarnet87

No bale? No Ronaldo?

Even if they were to play, they're not 100%. FUCK.

I hope we see the same Madrid team that we saw playing during the CDR, what a team that was! Bale, Di Maria and Isco killed it. The whole team played well really.

HALA MADRID!

It would be better off if Bale and Ronaldo didn't play, at least then the fans could claim an excuse for why they lost. Instead you'll lose and see Balealdo run around and whine all day instead of defend. Your soul belong to that bald kunt Pep.

Walshy

i hate you guys

im not going to post it for the third time, its degrading
I didn't really understand the question though, sorry Yurt :lol

If you mean a punishment, maybe make him wear a United shirt or Everton shirt?

Or maybe even buy a Liverpool - Man U half and half scarf.

That's exactly what it is.

I still find it very hard to believe the Glazers will sanction this. But let's see. We can afford it...but I do agree it sets a risky precedent. Tough one though, do we have a choice? We're desperate anyway...and this is what desperation looks like.

From what I've read Van Gaal doesn't care that much about the squad, he sees himself more as a man who fancies himself at using whatever he has at his disposal. If he doesn't think Shaw will fit his system or vision...Shaw won't play. If he fits in, great. That type of thing.

Even so - yes, it does signal that they have identified players they want and will pursue them. Mayhaps they have spoken to a manager and found out what they think...but it's hardly set in stone.

Strange times for us.

I always remember the signings Chelsea made before Mourinho arrived (first time). Some of the best players they ever signed (Robben, Cech, Drogba).

Gurthang

Banned
It would be better off if Bale and Ronaldo didn't play, at least then the fans could claim an excuse for why they lost. Instead you'll lose and see Balealdo run around and whine all day instead of defend. Your soul belong to that bald kunt Pep.

As much as I hate him his record in Bernabeu is god tier. 5 wins and 2 draws. That is incredible.

100k a week..

For an 18 year old..

For a full back..

Fuck that

It's insane - and of course we're super-scared of paying as much for a quality non-PL midfielder (i.e. Herrera) - but I can see it happening. Young. British. Hyped. British! I can definitely see it happening.

I wouldn't be too upset about the 30m price-tag so long as there's no opportunity cost to buying two CMs (!!!), a CB and maybe a powerful winger. So yeah, might be concerned.

i hate you guys

im not going to post it for the third time, its degrading

LiverpoolGAF are pretty much in a coma right now, like a diabetic who has had too much sugar. Non-LiverpoolGAF are just relieved that they can finally talk without the kids interrupting.

Wilbur

Banned
imagine icardi and giggs both plowing lauren moyes into the vast abyss of unemployment while zaha lights up a bong and challenges rio on head to head seasons

Blablurn

always interesting to see how big transfer talk is in england. feels way more calmer over here in germany. when it happens it happens. but there is no big anticipation.

Wilbur

Banned
always interesting to see how big transfer talk is in england. feels way more calmer over here in germany. when it happens it happens. but there is no big anticipation.

"Star of *insert German team* moves to Bayern"

That's why there is no anticipation

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
yurt no one cares enough about liverpool to reply
but you're about to humiliate a Liverpool fan, who lost a dare...how can you pass this up as a United fan!
I didn't really understand the question though, sorry Yurt :lol

If you mean a punishment, maybe make him wear a United shirt or Everton shirt?

Or maybe even buy a Liverpool - Man U half and half scarf.

Now we're talking! YES something like this! :p

Jack cw

I remember the crazy Javi Martinez transfer and the media going crazy with updates every 30 seconds and the biggest LOL at transfermarkt users monitoring flights online from Bilbao to Munich...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom