• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud

1. Stoke City +190
Tottenham Hotspur at Stoke City
Bet $ To Win $
Remove
2. Swansea City -200
Aston Villa at Swansea City
Bet $ To Win $
Remove
3. Tie +360
Manchester City at Crystal Palace
Bet $ To Win $
Remove
4. Everton +120
Everton at Southampton

on a long enough timeline, the success rate for your bets will rise to one hundred percent.

K1LLER7

Bl7KVwIIQAEUxfG.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
Lamb korma for me. I can handle spice but I just love the flavour of that pussy cream innit

There's something else that kinda tastes like it and I can't remember what it's called, there's almond in it

Pasanda?

wedward

Mesut Özil ‏@MesutOzil1088 2m
Another CL-night. Watching a lot of friends on TV. We have to play CL again next season. #championsleague #realmadrid

Ozil will throw such a shit fit if we don't finish top 4.

Slizz

Not sure I've ever even had lamb before. Maybe once at most.

Woah. So many different ways it can be made and it's delicious. I personally like a herb-crusted lamb, rosemary, oregano, thyme, salt, pepper and garlic injected into the meat.

Wilbur

Banned
Beef is better than chicken

Turkey is the blandest of all meats

Ostrich burgers were nice

Steak is mesmeric

edit gurthang pls

Mascot

What's the most anyone here has ever won on a football bet, relative to the stake?

I won £1500 on a £15 bet at the 2002 WC that Rio Ferdinand would score England's first goal against Denmark. This was based on a genuine premonition I had, with me describing the build-up, the finish and the exact timing of the goal before the match even started. It then happened exactly as I described it, which was a real 'fucking hell, that's scary' moment. I was so convincing, a friend put £5 on as well and won £500. The odds on Ferdinand scoring first were 50-1 with odds doubled for a first-time telephone bet.

There was an anxious wait because the goal was originally attributed as a keeper OG and Michael Owen was credited as the first England scorer, but there was a big outcry and most bookies (including mine) paid out on both Rio and Owen.

Got very drunk that day.

Wilbur

Banned
Randdalf pls I'm in public what is it

Duck is delicious. Crispy aromatic duck from the Chinese hhhbnnnnggghhh

I also have a fetish for pork belly

What's the most anyone here has ever won on a football bet, relative to the stake?

I won £1500 on a £15 bet at the 2002 WC that Rio Ferdinand would score England's first goal against Denmark. This was based on a genuine premonition I had, with me describing the build-up, the finish and the exact timing of the goal before the match even started. It then happened exactly as I described it, which was a real 'fucking hell, that's scary' moment. I was so convincing, a friend put £5 on as well and won £500. The odds on Ferdinand scoring first were 50-1 with odds doubled for a first-time telephone bet.

There was an anxious wait because the goal was originally attributed as a keeper OG and Michael Owen was credited as the first England scorer, but there was a big outcry and most bookies (including mine) paid out on both Rio and Owen.

Got very drunk that day.

Hahaha brilliant

Won 350 off two quid acca last year, was a sensational feeling seeing them all come in.

Carbonox

Bale better come on. Him and Ronaldo should both play left wing and watch as Rafinha shits so much sauerkraut pours from his vagina.

Slizz

Don't think I've ever had veal either. Duck once. Not sure how common that is elsewhere.

Branch out man. There has to be plenty of places in Austin offering exotic meats and cuts. I never thought I would like goat, had it and it was amazing. Had veal with beef and brisket in a sandwich recently. Delicious.

EDIT: Proper ox-tail is fire also.

EmiPrime

Arsenal have fantastic travelling support, so I'm not surprised.

The atmosphere at the Emirates is woeful.

It depends on the match. Clock End and North Bank lower tiers always have fantastic atmosphere with nearly everybody standing the whole game. The atmosphere at Highbury and AG has always been unfairly maligned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom