• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedward

Spending £60m on a position that doesn't need to be strengthened.

Absolutely ludicrous. Therefore it will happen.

Dunno if this was posted:

"Dear fans,

I'm still happy about the fact that I was able to play last sunday for Arsenal

and we even won 3:0, I think that we are on the way up after a rather

difficult time...

there are only two goals for the rest of the season: to be among the first

four of the Premier League and to win my first title this year in the UK - the

F.A. CUP! all we need is 4 x 90 minutes of full concentration and then it's

all in our hands.

I can't wait to play for the first time in Wembley as a Gunner after missing

the semi final due to my injury.

herewith I want to thank all who supported me during the last weeks -

especially you! I constantly followed your comments on Facebook. I was

really happy about all the get well soon wishes during these difficult

moments.

Your Mesut"

Our Mesut <3

I must say having read that daily mail article, if even half of it is true, my sympathy for Moyse has gone up a bit and my desire for a manager who will not put up with shit has gone up immeasurably.

Yeah if this is 1/2 true then it's pathetic from the first team payers. Such lack of respect, damn.

Clegg

I don't think we will go for Cavani.

And I really hope we don't, too.
Like L1nett says, if we can get RVP fit then he's one of the best strikers in the league. And if LvG takes over you have to guess that he'll 1) Know how to keep him fit. And 2) Get him playing well.

No need for Cavani.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
"THE ENGLISH LIVE BADLY, EAT BADLY AND THEIR WOMEN DO NOT WASH." - Aurelio De Laurentiis
"THE ENGLISH ARE PIRATES." - Zamparini

This is two people that has owned Cavani. He's not coming to premier league guys, he knows about your none washing women and pirates.
Can't fucking wait for Zamparini next season LOOOOOOOL

He's the one who wanted to eat his players testicles isn't he? :lol

P.S check twitter

Bayern ruining the league

Don't see why Ginter wants to join BVB. I know Gladbach and Neverkusen are shit, but c'mon... he's going to taste dat bench.

Gladbach can't afford him. Their only hope was Freiburg getting relegated which is most likely not happening. And Leverkusen lol

Also, he's BVB fan. #EchteLiebe

The real lineup against Liverpool has been revealed.

Goalkeeper - Peter Bonetti: Having recently conceded the Chelsea clean sheet record to Petr Cech, the 72-year-old, known as "The Cat" will make a shock return in place of the rested Mark Schwarzer. The first Chelsea Player of the Year is coming out of retirement in an attempt to wrest back control of his creepy hands-with-a-ball trophy from the Czech stopper.

Right Back - Fankaty Dabo: After a string of good youth team appearances, Mourinho has decided to hand the 18-year-old his full début at Anfield. Our sources understand Mourinho simply enjoys saying "Fankaty Dabo", and that he's considering buying the rights to his name for £325,000, after which the youngster will be known as "Trevor Watkins".

Centre Back - Will Ferrell: As a noted celebrity Chelsea supporter, actor, and movie producer, Ferrell is rumoured to have been in talks to star in a film featuring a band of misfits turning out for a Premier League club. Jose is thought to have money in the project, and is willing to let the American use the Liverpool game to get realistic match footage for the film.

Centre Back - Derek Saunders: This 82-year-old veteran of Chelsea's first title-winning team has expressed a desire to dust off his old boots and give it one last go in defence of the Chelsea name against Liverpool. Thought to be something of a weak-link, due to his age, but it's understood that he has a good relationship with his defensive partner.

Left Back - Cesar Azpilicueta: Not the usual one, despite the appearance. Our sources understand Jose's "Eleven Azpilicuetas" comment earlier in the season was a cryptic reference to Roman's clandestine cloning programme. This is Clone No. 6.

Midfield - Brooklyn Beckham, Niall Horan, and Marco van Ginkel: These three, comprising former Chelsea trialist Brooklyn Beckham, and One Direction member Niall Horan, who has rehabbed an injury at Cobham recently, and Justin Bieber look-alike Marco van Ginkel, are part of Jose's cunning plan to dazzle the Liverpool midfield into ignoring the game by looking for teen idol autographs for their kids. Marco van Ginkel may end up doing some prison time for creating fake autographs, but our sources believe Jose feels it's worth the risk.

Forward - Rio Brant: This Chelsea U10s striker has scored 40 goals and provided 39 assists in just 29 appearances this season. That kind of form makes him Chelsea's most-clinical striker, and has earned him a starting place in the League.

Forward - Peter Osgood: Perhaps not the best selection, due to the disadvantage of his being dead, but he will provide a rallying point for the living Chelsea players, and will creep out the Liverpool defence by being a spooky urn sitting on the pitch.

Forward - Roman Abramovich: Sick of seeing his expensive strikers failing time and again, the Russian will finally throw on the blue shirt and do the job for himself. There's no word on whether he'll be sporting a Vincent Tan-style football shirt, slacks, and tie combination, but our sources believe it to be unlikely.

Elchele

Gladbach can't afford him. Their only hope was Freiburg getting relegated which is most likely not happening. And Leverkusen lol

Also, he's BVB fan. #EchteLiebe

I think he actually would get more minutes at Bayern. Management think they can count on Badstuber. pls, he was shit before the injury and will be 10x shittier now

have fun in regionalliga m8

I really doubt Brendan cares what mou has said to the media about the Chelsea line up, firstly I doubt it will effect who Brendan wants to play. Secondly assuming it's mind games Brendan knows mou anyway so would be the best person to know when mou is talking crap.

I think he actually would get more minutes at Bayern. Management think they can count on Badstuber. pls, he was shit before the injury and will be 10x shittier now

have fun in regionalliga m8

You guys are the worst.

BVB's squad is not good enough, needs more quality players.

BVB signs more players

He's not gonna play anyway, lol, what does he want there

Meier

Cavani needs the ball centrally.. watching him out on the wing for PSG was just depressing. I can't really envision him working effectively with RVP -- feels like they'd end up clashing. He could probably play opposite Rooney since he can function as a false nine essentially, but it just doesn't make much sense to spend that much on what would amount to a luxury signing.

Saw a rumor that City and a few other PL clubs are interested in Calhanoglu. Definitely one for the future.. wouldn't mind bringing him in one bit.

Salvadora

Dunno if this was posted:

Our Mesut <3
Don't think it was.

Ramsey's return stole the headlines (for obvious reasons), but I was incredibly impressed with Ozil. Looked about 2 steps ahead of everyone else on the pitch.Think we'll see a real blossoming of him next season when teammates figure out his ways.

Imagine him feeding passes to Walcott on the break. Imagine him teeing up Ramsey to score incredible goals. Imagine a front line without Giroud.

Elchele

You guys are the worst.

BVB's squad is not good enough, needs more quality players.

BVB signs more players

He's not gonna play anyway, lol, what does he want there

if it was anyone else I wouldn't care, but you already have Hummels, Subotic, Sokratis and that black guy from the reserves. Ginter should stay in Freiburg for honor and justice

jtb

Banned
Don't think it was.

Ramsey's return stole the headlines (for obvious reasons), but I was incredibly impressed with Ozil. Looked about 2 steps ahead of everyone else on the pitch.Think we'll see a real blossoming of him next season when teammates figure out his ways.

Imagine him feeding passes to Walcott on the break. Imagine him teeing up Ramsey to score incredible goals. Imagine a front line without Giroud.

Walcott will be key. he's been missed this season, our attack is dire without him.

I really doubt Brendan cares what mou has said to the media about the Chelsea line up, firstly I doubt it will effect who Brendan wants to play. Secondly assuming it's mind games Brendan knows mou anyway so would be the best person to know when mou is talking crap.

But this is the thing... if you cut Brendan open, he doesn't bleed red, he bleeds blue and not the blue of Chelsea or Reading... - the blue of Jose Mourinho, infused within him from when he was trained by the master.

Once the apprentice always the apprentice, Jose got his number.

Don't put out a shit team on Sunday plz

Clegg

Just curios, where's this supposed Man Utd transfer £200m kitty coming from? Sponsorship deals or what?
United don't have to pay as much in interest anymore since they refinanced part of the loan agreement. And yes, there's a major new kit sponsorship deal coming in soon. The club will earn an extra £50m a year from that alone.

if it was anyone else I wouldn't care, but you already have Hummels, Subotic, Sokratis and that black guy from the reserves. Ginter should stay in Freiburg for honor and justice

Who says that Ginter will play as CB?

I could imagine him being an option as Kehl successor. If it turns out that he's better as CB, we have a great CB, no money wasted. A future defensive midfield with Bender, Ginter, Jojic, Sahin, Kirch looks great.

Just curios, where's this supposed Man Utd transfer £200m kitty coming from? Sponsorship deals or what?

United's 1000 sponsors.

On the subject of young players, Tielemans looks to be impressing in Belgium.

Happy Januzaj chose Belgium. He now has a chance at international glory. He's best friends with all the Belgians (Ekangamene, Fellaini, Vermijl) at United. The only reason I felt that was in doubt was due to his dictator father.

United don't have to pay as much in interest anymore since they refinanced part of the loan agreement. And yes, there's a major new kit sponsorship deal coming in soon. The club will earn an extra £50m a year from that alone.

You have to bare in mind the fall in revenue for not being in the CL next season. Surely that will take a big chunk out of that £50m?

Elchele

Wonder how far away are we from having Lahm saying that we were the better team because we had more possession. I'm sure we're almost there

Salvadora

Walcott will be key. he's been missed this season, our attack is dire without him.
I have a tendency to overly criticise Walcott, but there can be no denying that his numbers are incredible and he adds another dimension to our attack.

Worried about the effect of this injury though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom