• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

Shaw's 18. Even if United don't progress back to being contenders by the time his contract ends he'll still BE YOUNGER THAN I AM NOW JESUS CHRIST THAT IS DEPRESSING

LegoArmo

If United fuck this up two summers in a row... After quite clearly using The Guardian as his mouth-piece, Woodward must be a Scouse secret agent.

3Sixty

As I've said before though, I won't be overly bothered if Shaw leaves for decent money.

If Lallana or Schneiderlin left I'd die.

TrueBlue

Transfer muppetry? Well, okay.

Recall Courtois/extend contract
Recall Lukaku

Shaw (looking unlikely now though)
Barkley (possible Lamps replacement)
Costa (goes without saying, assuming yesterday was just an off day)

I'l think of more later.

wedward

As I've said before though, I won't be overly bothered if Shaw leaves for decent money.

If Lallana or Schneiderlin left I'd die.

Wenger is from Strasbourg. Schneiderlin played for Strasbourg. Wenger is French. Schneiderlin is French. Scheiderlin is a midfielder. Arsene wants a midfielder. Arsene has money. Southampton want money. It's a done deal.

Van Gaal and Keane. Going to be so volatile it's unreal. I'd prefer Giggs as the assistant.

I'd be seriously seriously seriously concerned if Keane is his assistant.

Really hoping it's a random story that doesn't have much life in it. Giggs as part of his coaching staff would be best. But if Van Gaal comes in I expect him to have Danny Blind as his assistant.

L1NETT

Think Van Gaal would rather see the squad with Shaw and Carvalho, than the squad without.

Can't guess half the transfer budget (or whatever it is) and teenagers you hope the new manager wants

Give him 3/4 transfer windows to remold an aging squad, not presume what he wants.

Whatevs, this could all be done.

---

Nearly forgot

ARROW

Clegg

I think he'd rather get to spend the £65m himself.
Apparently he's a manager who'll work with what he has. So if two players are signed before he joins then he'll just get on with it. He's also gone on record saying that he prefers to work with younger players and help improve them. But he also has a tendency to fall out with players and freeze them out of the team.

And United can't really afford to wait until the middle of July for him to take over. We made the same mistake with Moyes and fucked up the transfer window for ourselves.

Meier

Saw this on Facebook. I fucking hate click-through lists (especially this one which has like 4 or 5 ads in it) but my god I'm dying at these. Here are the best ones.

portrait1.jpg
family.jpg

fail.jpg
baby-girl.jpg

girl-portrait.jpg

Moral of the story: NEVER get someone to try and do a tattoo of your kids. :lol

Kyoufu

Apparently he's a manager who'll work with what he has. So if two players are signed before he joins then he'll just get on with it. He's also gone on record saying that he prefers to work with younger players and help improve them. But he also has a tendency to fall out with players and freeze them out of the team.

I hope he freezes Fellaini's afro.

How is that guy wearing a Man Utd shirt. He's SO BAD.

That will depend on when/if he comes in. Which could be pretty late. Would prefer to have deals done early. Preferably before the WC starts.

If they do appoint him, they will ask him what/who he wants before the WC. No way he'll just turn up once the WC is over and see what's what.

Glazers/Woowar meeting him this week apparently.

LegoArmo

I like the idea of Keane turning up and booting Rooney in the face and throwing Young out of the club like a scene from the Fresh Prince.

Marc

---

Nearly forgot

ARROW

Watch The Tomorrow People, it is 10x better, the writing is brilliant but not got the same budget as Arrow or recognition for that matter. :(

Loads of twists and turns that actually work, Arrow constantly disappoints apart from Crixus/Slade tearing shit up.

Elchele

And United can't really afford to wait until the middle of July for him to take over. We made the same mistake with Moyes and fucked up the transfer window for ourselves.

He will sell the players he can't control. He will sign shit players to replace them. But he will promote young players and give them a lot of playing time. that's the positive side

if you have brazilians in your team, they are already dead.

Clegg

Are there any really good Dutch players that aren't

1) Currently crocked
2) Getting on a bit
3) Past their best
4) Already playing for United.

Coz they'll be on LvG's most likely.

Meier

We aren't getting Shaw, guys. But Rakitic? If the In Form version of him on UT is any indication of his sweet feet, I LIKE IT!
I'd be more than happy if we double dipped into Sevilla again this summer and got Rakitic and Alberto. Madrid probably will get Alberto sadly..don't think we are even linked with Rakitic but man, he's fantastic.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Fourth place next year is going to be an absolute battle, can't afford a bad record with the top teams like this year.

Lightning

Banned
Ah, that's a shame.

We need an Arteta replacement desperately. From what I've heard, Bender hasn't been playing well anyway.
Schneiderlin is the best Arteta replacement we can hope for and at the perfect age.

And is it true Mesut Ozil never suffered a hamstring injury until he comes across the great Arsenal medical team? Just wow Arsene. Please sort this shit out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom