• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gambit

4-3-3 with Schweinsteiger and Lahm didnt work, Rafinha was the wrong choice. The game got better for Bayern when Martinez came in and Götze replacing the corpse of Ribery. We only have a chance if Pep steps down from his elitist tiki taka bullshit and starts with 4-2-1-3 with Müller, Martinez and Götze and without Ribery, Rafinha and Schweinsteiger. Relentless attacks with overlapping wingers are the only chance we have. Basically what Heynckes did last season.

What we are playing right now is legacy to van Gaal and early Heynckes era. More counter pressing, less static passes pls. Less is more, Pep....

My sentiments exactly. But we both know that's not gonna happen. Pep has not realised the importance of Müller yet. He is the man for big games.

I think Pep's system only works with Thiago. Him (Iniesta) and Kroos (Xavi) in front of Lahm (Busquets) was brilliant. But with Thiago injured, we'd be much better off using Heynckes' system from last year. Quick vertical attacks, Martinez for defensive stability and overlapping Lahm & Alaba.

Man, it's not like Bayern earned it, but I still wish that last Götze shot had gone in. 1-1 would have been a beautiful result! Instead I think that's the end of the line for this CL campaign.

Oh and last night showed once again why Bayern want Lewandowski.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
comic relief moment to cheer up Bayern GAF

Sao Paulo’s President

“Everyone likes to dream, we would love to Kaka on the San Paulo field along with Hulk, Dani Alves, Alan Kardec and why not Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi and Neymar!

“Joking aside, there is only one name that I really want - Ricardo Kaka. It would be a dream to bring him home.

“For us he would be perfect. He has the face of someone from San Paulo, he is beautiful, good, speaks well and has all his teeth.

“We could not compete with the money of the Arabs and the Chinese, but he knows that here he would be the right man in the right place."

Zabojnik

Juve bros, how likely is Scuffet to Juve?

<3

Very likely

and it helps that he's owned by our feeder club :p

Scuffet to Juve is a definite possibility, but for now it's more wishful, romantic thinking than anything. Udinese know they have a potential GOAT goalkeeper in their ranks and will be looking to monetize. In a few years though, not now. Unless Buffon suddenly announces he's going to retire at the end of next season, which he won't, and Marry goes balls deep. Udinese have a very profitable relationship with us, but who knows what will happen a few years from now. Barca might come knocking with 40M€ like they did for Sanchez.

It goes without saying, since he's only 17, but Scuffet is nowhere near ready for a big club.

comic relief moment to cheer up Bayern GAF

Thank God for all his teeth.

Speaking of Chinese money: Zong Qinghou, the 2nd richest man in China, is interested in Milan, and Peter Lim (from Singapore) is willing to pay €500m for 70% of the shares. This way, Berlusconi won't own us anymore, although he'll stay as our president (same thing with his daughter and Galliani).

As long as we don't end up like Inter it's all good.

Blablurn

1488747_395712790568488_3374871704714639637_n.jpg

Jack cw

My sentiments exactly. But we both know that's not gonna happen. Pep has not realised the importance of Müller yet. He is the man for big games.

I think Pep's system only works with Thiago. Him (Iniesta) and Kroos (Xavi) in front of Lahm (Busquets) was brilliant. But with Thiago injured, we'd be much better off using Heynckes' system from last year. Quick vertical attacks, Martinez for defensive stability and overlapping Lahm & Alaba.

Man, it's not like Bayern earned it, but I still wish that last Götze shot had gone in. 1-1 would have been a beautiful result! Instead I think that's the end of the line for this CL campaign.

Oh and last night showed once again why Bayern want Lewandowski.

The result is the best thing that happened last night. Normally games like this end 2 or 3-0 for Real and we were very luck with only 0-1. Lewandowski isnt a big help if the ball doesnt get to him. Mandzukic fought but not ONE cross or long ball was played to him. The center forward is wasted with Peps tactics unless its a "false 9". Lewandowski might be such a player, Pep is wasting so much potential here. We NEED 2 DMs playing in front our hilrious defence to at least keep the risk at minimum. Robben nor Ribery and Götze could dribble against 3 Madrid players alone. Neither Rafinha nor Alaba were helping their wingers, thats we never had the chance to play crosses into the box. It changed a bit after Lahm went on Rafinhas position and Götze came in for the weak Ribery. We could still make it, but not without some serious shift in tactics. Madrid didnt even have to park the bus, they left enough spaces for Bayern but we were simply to slow and static.

Arnie

Subtles, the Shaw comment was from Neil Atkinson on The Anfield Wrap if I'm remembering correctly.

Said whilst Shaw's superb he might not suit us as well as others because his first inkling is to fire the ball in the box. It's a fair assessment, when I've been impressed watching Shaw it's partly for his ability to deliver dangerous low balls and do it from any position down that left flank.

Saying that, whilst I think that's a fair comment, I still think Shaw could be coached to become a complete left back, akin to Baines, one who also possesses the ability to be patient and recycle the ball before reaching the byline.

Subtles, the Shaw comment was from Neil Atkinson on The Anfield Wrap if I'm remembering correctly.

Said whilst Shaw's superb he might not suit us as well as others because his first inkling is to fire the ball in the box. It's a fair assessment, when I've been impressed watching Shaw it's partly for his ability to deliver dangerous low balls and do it from any position down that left flank.

Saying that, whilst I think that's a fair comment, I still think Shaw could be coached to become a complete left back, akin to Baines, one who also possesses the ability to be patient and recycle the ball before reaching the byline.

Hopefully we can try for him though I have heard we are after coentrao

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Good to see Bayern GAF FINALLY admitting that Pep and his new version of tiki taka is ruining their team, and it's just as negative and painful to watch as parking the bus.

Sikaffy.png is truly a visionary.
but who knows what will happen a few years from now. Barca might come knocking with 40M&#8364; like they did for Sanchez.

hopefully he won't be THAT expensive! No one is willing to shell out that much for GKs anymore. If HandanoGOD and De GOAT are going for &#8364;11 million and £17.8 million respectively, then we can expect something in that ballpark!

or even half if we decide to co-own his ass. :p
As long as we don't end up like Inter it's all good.
It goes without saying that I don't give a shit about Inter :lol but I would hate to see a non-Italian owner run Milan. Screw globalization when it comes to owning clubs :p

subtles

Fair enough. I just think his ability on the ball is undermined with that comment. I haven't seen him play too often but he's been brilliant with the ball on the deck during the times I have. The crosses he was making when we played Southampton seemed tactical from what I gathered. He's an exciting talent at 18, that's for sure.

(I just hope we bring in proper FBs this summer)

It goes without saying that I don't give a shit about Inter :lol but I would hate to see a non-Italian owner run Milan. Screw globalization when it comes to owning clubs :p

It's either that or remain forever a midtable club with a season in EL every three or four years. I wish somebody interested in Milan buy us because he/she's actually interested in Milan/has been a fan for life. That would be much better but it's also impossible, so I guess we'll have to get whoever we can, non-Italian included.

Jack cw

Good to see Bayern GAF FINALLY admitting that Pep and his new version of tiki taka is ruining their team, and it's just as negative and painful to watch as parking the bus.

Something happened in the last few weeks with Peps tactics. We scored more goals than last season but suddenly we want to control things instead of attacking the opponent. Right now, Peps tactics are painful to watch and his inability to dismiss Ribery and Schweinsteiger on the bench and finally play the 4-2-3-1 of Heynckes again that he played for the last 6 months. Really, I dont know what happened in the last weeks with Pep.

Zabojnik

It's either that or remain forever a midtable club with a season in EL every three or four years. I wish somebody interested in Milan buy us because he/she's actually interested in Milan/has been a fan for life. That would be much better but it's also impossible, so I guess we'll have to get whoever we can, non-Italian included.

Only one man fits the profile: Massimo Cellino.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
For all the jizzing over Luke Shaw he's got 1 assist in 32 games. Even Danny 'Row-Z' Rose has 2 in almost half the appearances.

Shaw is a very good player but I just don't understand why he's worth so much money. Because he's English, I guess.

Blablurn

Lately I'm getting more and more turned off by the Gaming Forum here on GAF. Feels strange. Everytime I enter a thread I expect that a lot of hardcore nerds posting here. Makes me feel uncomfortable. That latest thread about "Rate Final Fantasy Commercials of the last 15 years" is so weird. So fucking weird. Who comes up with that? Why?

:(

Jack cw

No chance bro, Madrid - with Benzema, Bale, Di Maria, Ronaldo, Modric...they'll attack the living daylights out of us. I don't know if we can even sustain them with all men "parked".

Fady pls. You did it against Barca, Bayern and Atletico. Real should be the easiest.

Fady K

Fady pls. You did it against Barca, Bayern and Atletico. Real should be the easiest.

True, but I think Barca and Bayern are less creative in their attacks than Madrid - especially a Madrid that will not have to worry about a team that can possess that long (Chelsea). Also, Atletico does not have the creativity against a defensive team that Madrid has IMO.

subtles

For all the jizzing over Luke Shaw he's got 1 assist in 32 games. Even Danny 'Row-Z' Rose has 2 in almost half the appearances.

Shaw is a very good player but I just don't understand why he's worth so much money. Because he's English, I guess.
It's because there is a dearth of quality LBs at the moment. Shaw being English makes him a coveted player.

Brendan wants to prove them British are as good as the other players around the world. The FA should support his cause.

90% domestic, like A.C Milan.

What's Zeki Fryers up to these days?

Feorax

Lately I'm getting more and more turned off by the Gaming Forum here on GAF. Feels strange. Everytime I enter a thread I expect that a lot of hardcore nerds posting here. Makes me feel uncomfortable. That latest thread about "Rate Final Fantasy Commercials of the last 15 years" is so weird. So fucking weird. Who comes up with that? Why?

News is slow at the moment, and most of the stuff that does come out is negative. Hopefully things will get better around E3.

Apparently Papadopalous has played 4 games all season, and is now out with a dislocated shoulder. Massive bullet dodged there.

Carbonox

I use the gaming side for the latest news but otherwise the discussions you see there are no different to the turds of GameFAQs.

Januzaj's agent says it's been an emotional week for him with Moyes' sacking :lol

Moyes and Hodgson, his guardians both lost.

He's made 13 starts this year. I thought it was a lot more than that. Moyes did well with him, though.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
What's Zeki Fryers up to these days?

He's been moved to CB, he started against Fulham.

See if you can guess who made the mistake that they scored from.

I actually think he is OK in that position, he may just have a future with us.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
No chance bro, Madrid - with Benzema, Bale, Di Maria, Ronaldo, Modric...they'll attack the living daylights out of us. I don't know if we can even sustain them with all men "parked".

Fady, you don't even have to park the bus against Madrid. We did it, twice, with a makeshift defense. Just look at our shots on target :lol

but you probably should.

subtles

How about Ricardo Rodriguez?
Of Wolfsburg? I haven't seen him play recently but by all accounts he's been brilliant. I stopped watching the Bundesliga (after being a loyal follower) after several teams collapsed together. Bundesligafanatic was a wonderful site. :(

I'll probably go read it later today.

Fady K

Fady, you don't even have to park the bus against Madrid. We did it, twice, with a makeshift defense. Just look at our shots on target :lol

but you probably should.

Wow, you guys pretty well. 12 shots on target against Madrid is pretty good! I'm guessing we'd hit 4 on target if we're lucky :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom