• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.
He openly admitted he doesn't even listen to his wife when she tells him it's clear he's messing up the teams rhythm by playing the players out of position and not sticking to playing his best team so I seriously doubt the pundits' words will have an effect on him.

Madrid winning the league should have taught him the needed lesson, but no.

Zabojnik

Miccoli nano di merda.

JUST SAY IT ZABO

I"M A BIG BOY

Oh, don't worry. You gonna get PM-raped. You can start by explaining in detail how the online/invading system works. :p

Hitcher is selling his DS2 key, I wanted to get it for a buddy. Already got mine from based Nuuvem. PRE-CUMING ON STEAM RIGHT NOW.

LTWheels

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/10784226/Tottenham-tried-to-insert-clause-in-Gareth-Bale-contract-with-Real-Madrid-preventing-Mesut-Ozil-joining-Arsenal.html

Spurs are understood to have wanted to insert a binding guarantee as part of the world record £85m deal to sell Gareth Bale to the Spanish club. The guarantee would have prevented Real from selling four named players, headed by Ozil, to English clubs this campaign.

The quartet were Ozil, Angel Di Maria and Karim Benzema - who had all interested Spurs' north London rivals - and left-back Fabio Coentrao, who Manchester United tried to sign in a deadline day deal last September.

Spurs wanted Real to hold off allowing any of those players to come to England until this summer, but despite exploring the legal possibilities - such as adding a letter to the Bale contract - they were unable to reach an agreement.

Bl-ybNzCcAA6mr2.jpg:large

Scum

He openly admitted he doesn't even listen to his wife when she tells him it's clear he's messing up the teams rhythm by playing the players out of position and not sticking to playing his best team so I seriously doubt the pundits' words will have an effect on him.

"My wife, Cristina, often complains about my tactics. She keeps on telling me that I should stick with the players who won the last match."

Cristina > Pep

I want to learn the sign for "haddaway and shite you fucking cheb".

5YRcF.gif

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/10784226/Tottenham-tried-to-insert-clause-in-Gareth-Bale-contract-with-Real-Madrid-preventing-Mesut-Ozil-joining-Arsenal.html

Spurs are understood to have wanted to insert a binding guarantee as part of the world record £85m deal to sell Gareth Bale to the Spanish club. The guarantee would have prevented Real from selling four named players, headed by Ozil, to English clubs this campaign.

The quartet were Ozil, Angel Di Maria and Karim Benzema - who had all interested Spurs' north London rivals - and left-back Fabio Coentrao, who Manchester United tried to sign in a deadline day deal last September.

Spurs wanted Real to hold off allowing any of those players to come to England until this summer, but despite exploring the legal possibilities - such as adding a letter to the Bale contract - they were unable to reach an agreement.

Levy, pls.
5YRcF.gif

to dare is to do

Hixx

Yo the fady/bla tiff has to be the title.

"Thank you. I pass. Have a good life." fucking KILLED me.

Poor fady. He deserves better.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
How much can spurs afford to spend this window?mcan they go big again?

bjaelke

UEFA President Michel Platini says clubs won't be excluded from next season's Champions League for breaking "Financial Fair Play" rules.

Platini tells French daily Le Parisien "there will be some tough things ... but if you're expecting blood and tears, you'll be disappointed."

A UEFA panel is negotiating with clubs which breached rules designed to curb huge investments by owners and excessive spending on transfers and wages since 2011.

Platini is "not sure" if Qatar-owned Paris Saint-Germain's "innovative" sponsorship deal with Qatar Tourism Authority played by the rules.

He says UEFA will announce some sanctions in early-May, and more serious cases are judged in June.

Champions League expulsion is the toughest sanction UEFA reserves. First and lesser offenders likely face fines and limits on registering players for UEFA competitions.
Fining the offenders will be a laughable punishment.

Abraxas

I know its a bit silly, but if arsenal got the three players mentioned in today's rumour mill, then bloody hell could we have a decent team.

Griezmann , mandzukic And chambers, still missing a DM but regardless...

Fining the offenders will be a laughable punishment.

Player registering limits sounds better. Would be funny if Man City would be unable to play someone like Aguero in their CL matches. :)

Although I would prefter the limits be in the domestic league. I don't care what happens with the CL, but I don't want to see more clubs like Man City in the Premier League.

Clegg

Van Gaal seems pretty nailed on now.

Wonder what he'll be able to do with Mata, Kagawa and Adnan. He says he likes players with pace, which is something those three lack.

He's gonna turn Shaw into the GOAT though.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Standard:

David Moyes is emerging as a contender to become Tottenham’s next manager but senior figures at the club are divided over his possible appointment following his dismal short reign at Manchester United.

Standard Sport understands chairman Daniel Levy remains a keen admirer of the 50-year-old Scot, having considered him to replace Harry Redknapp in 2012 before opting for Andre Villas-Boas.

no

no no no no no no

nonononononononononononono

NONONONONONONNONONOONONO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Scum

Van Gaal seems pretty nailed on now.

Wonder what he'll be able to do with Mata, Kagawa and Adnan. He says he likes players with pace, which is something those three lack.

He's gonna turn Shaw into the GOAT though.

There's no one else at the moment though, is there?

image.php

Standard:

no

no no no no no no

nonononononononononononono

NONONONONONONNONONOONONO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

image.php

Jack cw

Well then we have another van Gaal situation here, where a guy is so stubborn because of his pride. If we play like that in Munich, and should lose the cup final against Dortmund, he is in for a harsh time. He either adjust his tactics to the team like he did in late 2013/ early 2014 or continues this control football that is still hilariously vulnerable to counters with 3 players totally misplaced there. I defended Pep because his tactics worked with the Heynckes legacy, but this obsession now with holding the ball to prevent counters is the greatest bullshit I've seen.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Seriously though, it won't happen. Levy is not a moron, he knows that the fans will not accept Moyes' appointment at this time, he's a living joke right now. Let him get another job and reestablish his reputation.

The last time we hired a manager recently fired by a rival, we ended up with AVB, surely Levy won't do it again. There is a reason these guys got fired.

Seriously though, it won't happen. Levy is not a moron, he knows that the fans will not accept Moyes' appointment at this time, he's a living joke right now. Let him get another job and reestablish his reputation.

The last time we hired a manager recently fired by a rival, we ended up with AVB, surely Levy won't do it again. There is a reason these guys got fired.
Really?

Scum

For his own sake, Moyes should keep his head down until the mid-season sackings start at least

That's what I thought he'd be doing, especially when you consider he'll be working for trigger happy Levy.

Levy you daft cunt. Don't do it! Get Pochettino. Bring Jol back.

Walshy

I've said this for a while, but his hard balling tactics to get the biggest transfer fee possible usually denies Spurs of a decent pre-season.

Think of Bale leaving this year. Berbatov and Modric are other good examples. What good is a few extra million if it fucks up your whole pre-season and doesn't allow you to get your preferred targets, who already moved earlier on in the window?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom