• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
You just know if moyes went to spurs they would do the double over us

Rummenigge:
"They know what to expect on Tuesday. Compared to that match, the match in Dortmund was a pleasant one. We will show that Bayern Munich has a quality at home that kind of resembles hell."

That's fucking hilarious. Making fun of BVB, the thought that Bayern is the best, the hell comparison. It has all, just needs a short line with making fun of Klinsmann and it would be perfect.

Fady K

Yo the fady/bla tiff has to be the title.

"Thank you. I pass. Have a good life." fucking KILLED me.

Poor fady. He deserves better.

I never had a problem with Bla (or mostly anyone here for that matter), not too sure what I did to make him angry at me.

I've said this for a while, but his hard balling tactics to get the biggest transfer fee possible usually denies Spurs of a decent pre-season.

Think of Bale leaving this year. Berbatov and Modric are other good examples. What good is a few extra million if it fucks up your whole pre-season and doesn't allow you to get your preferred targets, who already moved earlier on in the window?
That always bothered me when we got Berbatov. I think we initially offered £27 million but he wanted £30 and by the time the deal was done, the window was over. Baffling.

Blablurn

Rummenigge:
"They know what to expect on Tuesday. Compared to that match, the match in Dortmund was a pleasant one. We will show that Bayern Munich has a quality at home that kind of resembles hell."

That's fucking hilarious. Making fun of BVB, the thought that Bayern is the best, the hell comparison. It has all, just needs a short line with making fun of Klinsmann and it would be perfect.

Just don't feel so vulnerable every time someone from Bayern says something. I ignore Watzke as well. Why you keep reading and listening to all this?

TrueBlue

Bravely Default is still £39 :(

Want something to play next week. Zelda it is then.

Both are really good, though I haven't finished BD yet.

fuck pokemon

exciting_soccer_action_in_gifs_03.gif

TeddyBoy

I have this odd theory, one only supported by filling in the blanks after reading his quotes, that the Bayern-Barca game - coupled with the new additions at the time - changed his opinion on the game somewhat. He still wants to dominate the ball, but not in the way offered by Tiki Taka.

I'm thinking the same thing tbh, there has been a definite change in how we play football this year compared to last year (you can tell if someone watch's Liverpool play when they say Brendans system is possession based, it really isn't anymore).

IMO we need

First Team/Back Up Keeper
First Team LB
First Team RB
First Team/Back up CB
First Team Left Wing
First Team DM

Mignolet was bought for the long term, we aren't getting a replacement unless someone tries to get him. We'll probably get a goal keeping coach like subtles suggested and try to teach Mignolet how Reina used to release the ball so well and quickly, it would be very useful to have again on the counter attack.

Jones is fine for a back up, he flaps at a few things but I don't want the club to go out of their way to get a replacement.

We'll probably not bother with a recognised DM, Rodgers has had time to buy them and has not tried to strengthen that area. A more likely option is a defensive minded CM, someone like Lars Bender.

The RB and CB are just dependent on who leaves. Right now Johnson will have a year left on his deal this summer so we could cash in and get a replacement since his performances seem to be really inconsistent over the 90 minutes.

We'll buy a LB and LW this summer, it's our prime targets.

Scum

That always bothered me when we got Berbatov. I think we initially offered £27 million but he wanted £30 and by the time the deal was done, the window was over. Baffling.

Can't wait for Ush to buy the club. Until then, we're stuck with him.

He's probably very close to retiring. Went to China for that golden pension money. Don't think he has it in him to manage a big EU club.

Oh. That's where he is.

Just don't feel so vulnerable every time someone from Bayern says something. I ignore Watzke as well. Why you keep reading and listening to all this?

I randomly saw it posted and I just find it pretty funny.

He could have just said "We'll give them the hardest challenge of this season" or something, which would be fine. But yet he comes up with BVB again :lol

Fady K

Missed the first 6 games of the season too, right? Damn!

What's Lippi up to nowadays, anyway?

China my friend! Gave his team the league title and the Asians Champions League title too ;D

He's probably very close to retiring. Went to China for that golden pension money. Don't think he has it in him to manage a big EU club.

Really? Did he lose his spark or something? What was the last European club he managed?

You lot can help make it happen. Jose pls :p

Hitcher pls. At Anfied we can field our best XI and with LFC's current form we may still lose :p Just imagine this - even if Chelsea WIN at Anfield, Liverpool still have to lose a another game whilst Chelsea win the other two. With Chelsea's recent form, and Liverpool's killer form, it is not happening. I'll be watching the Liverpool match under the covers :p

Jack cw

He could have just said "We'll give them the hardest challenge of this season" or something, which would be fine. But yet he comes up with BVB again :lol

Because Dortmund gave Real the biggest beating this season. You shouldnt take his narrative as an offence, in this case more as a compliment.

Blablurn

Well. You just played them and beat them in a great way. I'm sure Bayern would do everything to show a performance like you did. But we don't have the heart for something right now. You had a great spirit on that day.

Fady K

So have Chelsea bid for Moreno?

Good. Leave Shaw to us pls.

Apparently, if rumors are to be believed, Chelsea did not want to both paying the money that United were willing to pay (£30m for the player with £100,000 weekly wages).

To be honest neither of our clubs should pay such a fee for a teenager with a lot of promise.

It'll be interesting to see him and Liverpool in the CL next season. Football has never been more exciting from a neutral's perspective.

Definitely! Liverpool will reportedly buy plenty this summer, hence they will be equipped well for the CL. I don't see why they can't go far in the CL either.

Lippi is semi-retired now

Sad to hear, he was huge.

Zabojnik

Really? Did he lose his spark or something? What was the last European club he managed?

Giuve, then Italy.

Well, he's 66 already. I think this was his plan all along. Probably can't wait to get back to Viareggio and enjoy retirement, sailing up and down the coast.

I'm thinking the same thing tbh, there has been a definite change in how we play football this year compared to last year (you can tell if someone watch's Liverpool play when they say Brendans system is possession based, it really isn't anymore).

Mignolet was bought for the long term, we aren't getting a replacement unless someone tries to get him. We'll probably get a goal keeping coach like subtles suggested and try to teach Mignolet how Reina used to release the ball so well and quickly, it would be very useful to have again on the counter attack.

Jones is fine for a back up, he flaps at a few things but I don't want the club to go out of their way to get a replacement.

We'll probably not bother with a recognised DM, Rodgers has had time to buy them and has not tried to strengthen that area. A more likely option is a defensive minded CM, someone like Lars Bender.

The RB and CB are just dependent on who leaves. Right now Johnson will have a year left on his deal this summer so we could cash in and get a replacement since his performances seem to be really inconsistent over the 90 minutes.

We'll buy a LB and LW this summer, it's our prime targets.

If Mig can be improved then thats fine, Jones is good. As for Johnson, really dont rate him tbh. A DM is needed imo as Lucas is very iffy at times, that free kick for Norwich >.>. Even our main CBs tend to make mistakes, I think we need a new WC CB, not completely sold on Sakho yet.

Because Dortmund gave Real the biggest beating this season. You shouldnt take his narrative as an offence, in this case more as a compliment.

I didn't take this as an offence at all.

Didn't know that we gave them the biggest loss this season, though. Well, why would I care anyway.

Aye, one wonders how the SAS will do against the CL big boys.

I don't think both will play up front past the group stages, if we get that far. Not sure which one would drop into the wide forward role though, Sturridge did it a few times in February, but Suarez is theoretically more suited to the role.

Does anyone in the CL play 2 bona fide strikers? Atletico sometimes, Man Utd, City. Who else?

kmax

Well. You just played them and beat them in a great way. I'm sure Bayern would do everything to show a performance like you did. But we don't have the heart for something right now. You had a great spirit on that day.

I also think it is to our advantage that we're so close to la decima. Bayern completely ripped the football world apart last year after the losing the CL final 2012 to Chelsea in Munich. The key here is that hunger that is that essential drive. We haven't won the Champions League in 12 years, so there's nothing more we want to win this year than that. Hunger leaves no place for complacency.

Had it not been for la decima, I think we would of been out by now.

Blablurn

I didn't take this as an offence at all.

Didn't know that we gave them the biggest loss this season, though. Well, why would I care anyway.

Don't worry. You can mock us all you want after you gave us a beating in Berlin. Your time will come, Milch. You're time ... will come.

I also think it is to our advantage that we're so close to la decima. Bayern completely ripped the football world apart last year after the losing the CL final 2012 to Chelsea in Munich. The key here is that hunger that is that essential drive. We haven't won the Champions League in 12 years, so there's nothing more we want to win this year than that. Hunger leaves no place for complacency.

Had it not been for la decima, I think we would of been out by now.

Yep! I mean, La Decima was always around but by buying anoter brilliant player like Bale the dream became way more realistic. Something like a loss (Bayern 2012) or La Decima can bring a team to a whole new level.

Fady K

Giuve, then Italy.

Well, he's 66 already. I think this was his plan all along. Probably can't wait to get back to Viareggio and enjoy retirement, sailing up and down the coast.

Would love to see him give Juve one more good go after Conte (if Conte left).

Don't worry Scum, rumors will drive you crazy if you put much stock in them. Best to wait for an official confirmation.

Elchele

It's amazing how much the team regressed with Guardiola, we're basically playing the same shit we played under LvG. Predicability at its best

Go from 2nd to 7th in one year
Bottom out between 6th and 8th for 4 years
Go from 7th to 3rd (at least) in one year

What the fuck is going on? avaya probably has some idea :p

Zabojnik

I'd rather we went for someone like Montella or a foreign manager if Conte left, but if the alternatives are the likes of Allegri and Moyes, then sure, Lippi tutta la vita.

Feorax

I'll be a bit disappointed if Johnson gets another season. He's so inconsistent, and he seems to be having far more bad days than good recently.

I'd rather even have Flanagan as first choice RB next season. Yes he's limited, but you know what you're getting every game from him, and can effectively plan around that.

I'll be a bit disappointed if Johnson gets another season. He's so inconsistent, and he seems to be having far more bad days than good recently.

I'd rather even have Flanagan as first choice RB next season. Yes he's limited, but you know what you're getting every game from him, and can effectively plan around that.

I agree with this, I've never really rated Johnson.

Scum

Don't worry Scum, rumors will drive you crazy if you put much stock in them. Best to wait for an official confirmation.

Thing is, I can see Levy appointing him. But I don't want him and I think Moyes should consider waiting a few months before getting another job. He'll probably end up getting sacked by Levy in Nov.

It's amazing how much the team regressed with Guardiola, we're basically playing the same shit we played under LvG. Predicability at its best

After reading this, I chuckled. Why? 'cos I realised how much most of all the we've been talking about the last few days links straight back to Moyes, one way or another. His sacking really has kicked off football/transfer muppetry!
5YRcF.gif
5YRcF.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom