• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be a bit disappointed if Johnson gets another season. He's so inconsistent, and he seems to be having far more bad days than good recently.

I'd rather even have Flanagan as first choice RB next season. Yes he's limited, but you know what you're getting every game from him, and can effectively plan around that.

Starting to agree tbh. Infuriating, as when Johnson turns it on, he's boss. The defense is shaky enough already though without having a rightback who's performances seemingly depend on the roll of a dice more than anything.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'd rather we went for someone like Montella or a foreign manager if Conte left, but if the alternatives are the likes of Allegri and Moyes, then sure, Lippi tutta la vita.

Would love to see him give Juve one more good go after Conte (if Conte left).

Don't worry Scum, rumors will drive you crazy if you put much stock in them. Best to wait for an official confirmation.
I'd take Lippi over anyone. Over Conte, Mou, a 25 y/o Ferguson, Shankly, Sir Trap or even Tim Sherwood.

We were so good in Europe! ;*(

TeddyBoy

If Mig can be improved then thats fine, Jones is good. As for Johnson, really dont rate him tbh. A DM is needed imo as Lucas is very iffy at times, that free kick for Norwich >.>. Even our main CBs tend to make mistakes, I think we need a new WC CB, not completely sold on Sakho yet.

We need a bit more cover in the middle of the park for sure, I'd just be surprised at us going for a DM. Rodgers hasn't bought or hinted at buying one in his time here yet and he's trying to convert our only recognised DM into a box-to-box midfielder!

Lucas' tackle in that Norwich game was so badly mistimed it made me laugh, he provides excellent cover anyway.

Sakho has looked shaky you're right, but I'm sure he'll grow out of it in time, he's still only 24 and just needs to get used to the back line. We've played so many combinations at the back this year due to injuries, it's hard for anyone to get a solid run in the side except for Mignolet.

Rodgers did hint after the Fulham game I think, that these mistakes the defence makes aren't something he can coach out. So we could buy another CB, but I don't want to replace 3/4 of the back line in one transfer window.

Arnie

I want Johnson to get another year, I think we'll need the depth in fullback positions. He and Flanagan can play left or right and both are pretty fucking special when on top form.

Johnson's biggest problems have always been mental, rather than physical. That improves with age and experience.

Fucking hell winning this title is so important for the development of our squad moving forwards. If we don't do it it'll destroy us.

Feorax

I'm sure some will disagree, but I think a RB is a much more pressing matter than a LB this summer. I could live with a year of Flanagan and Enrique (maybe even Robinson for cup games if he can sort his shit out), but at RB, we have Johnson who I think needs to go, Kelly who will be going, McLaughlin who is far too inexperienced to be first choice, and Wisdom who half of us still think is a CB.

If we can get a LB too, then great, but RB has to be the priority IMO.

Walshy

Julian Speroni from Palace might be a good shout for a back-up keeper, he's out of contract in the summer.

I'm sure some will disagree, but I think a RB is a much more pressing matter than a LB this summer. I could live with a year of Flanagan and Enrique (maybe even Robinson for cup games if he can sort his shit out), but at RB, we have Johnson who I think needs to go, Kelly who will be going, McLaughlin who is far too inexperienced to be first choice, and Wisdom who half of us still think is a CB.

If we can get a LB too, then great, but RB has to be the priority IMO.
McLaughlin needs a loan, I agree with you. Robinson won't make it here.

What RB is available? Doesn't seem to be too many out there.

I want Johnson to get another year, I think we'll need the depth in fullback positions. He and Flanagan can play left or right and both are pretty fucking special when on top form.

Johnson's biggest problems have always been mental, rather than physical. That improves with age and experience.

Fucking hell winning this title is so important for the development of our squad moving forwards. If we don't do it it'll destroy us.

I'm petrified of 09/10 happening all over again

Impress all season
Lose out at the end
Best player leaves
Fall apart

pls no

Elchele

10297687_1023677701005779_36364966031958946_n.jpg

Jupp'd

Impress all season
Lose out at the end
Best player leaves
Fall apart

pls no

ugh dont want that, persnally though we have several great players atm if one left it wouldnt destory us, i think the worst 2 players to loose would be either Sturridge or Coutinho. Suarez will leave at some point and iirc theres a player in italy we could get who players like Suarez, cant remember his name.

Found him

Luis Muriel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luis_Muriel

Fady K

I'd rather we went for someone like Montella or a foreign manager if Conte left, but if the alternatives are the likes of Allegri and Moyes, then sure, Lippi tutta la vita.

Lippo FTW. Good luck tonight.

Thing is, I can see Levy appointing him. But I don't want him and I think Moyes should consider waiting a few months before getting another job. He'll probably end up getting sacked by Levy in Nov.

Levy can't be naive twice in a row with poor manager choices. Even though to be fair I would not be surprised if Moyes ended up doing very well with another league team.

I'd take Lippi over anyone. Over Conte, Mou, a 25 y/o Ferguson, Shankly, Sir Trap or even Tim Sherwood.

C'mon bro, Lippi over Sherwood? How about Jorge Jesus :p

Impress all season
Lose out at the end
Best player leaves
Fall apart

pls no

No chance Hitcher. You'll need to lose two out of three games for that to happen. With all the emotions in the Liverpool team at the moment, they are ready to blow the last three games away.

If you fuck this up, Hitch..... IF YOU FUCK THIS UP

Being out of the CL is shit innit

I can live with a slightly disappointing campaign next year in the trail of such a good one this year (even if we don't win the league, we've far exceeded our pre-season aims)

That implosion, and numerous failed attempts to reclaim that top 4 place though...

Can't let that happen again.

Blablurn

nah, I'm just against what Pep is doing. Basically I'm doing the same as in the 10/11 season when LvG was ruining our team with his idiotic ideas
I just hope this ends soon enough

You know I like you. I really do you. I respect you.

So please dont be offended. But will you keep this attitude for the upcoming seasons?

Walshy

You'd take him over Paisley?

Football League First Division (6): 1975–76, 1976–77, 1978–79, 1979–80, 1981–82, 1982–83
League Cup (3): 1980–81, 1981–82, 1982–83
FA Charity Shield (6): 1974, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1980, 1982
European Cup (3): 1976–77, 1977–78, 1980–81
UEFA Cup (1): 1975–76
UEFA Super Cup (1): 1977

3 European Cups in 9 years + plus Joe Fagan won another one and got to a final with his team as well.

GOAT Manager.

WJD

You'd take him over Paisley?

3 European Cups in 9 years + plus Joe Fagan won another one and got to a final with his team as well.

GOAT Manager.

This is in no way knocking Paisley, but I do find it interesting how teams managed to go on runs of 2/3/5 consecutive European Cup wins around that era. Not a chance that would happen now with any team or any manager and I'm not sure whether that's an indictment on the quality of football around then, the lack of competition or other factors?

King_Moc

Banned
This is in no way knocking Paisley, but I do find it interesting how teams managed to go on runs of 2/3/5 consecutive European Cup wins around that era. Not a chance that would happen now with any team or any manager and I'm not sure whether that's an indictment on the quality of football around then, the lack of competition or other factors?

Only having one team from each country and football not being entirely controlled by money may have been factors.

is Moreno any good? I don't watch Spanish football

/premface

Yep, very. Arguably better than Shaw going forward (dribbling, shooting, etc). He is much smaller, but still asserts himself fairly well defensively. Apparently Real Madrid want him though.

In any case, he'll be playing tonight in the Europa League semi 1st leg.

WJD

Only having one team from each country and football not being entirely controlled by money may have been factors.

Aye. It just makes me see something like Madrid's 5 in a row and think 'so what?' Almost on par with Celtic winning the Scottish league 5 times in a row now.

Scum

Levy can't be naive twice in a row with poor manager choices. Even though to be fair I would not be surprised if Moyes ended up doing very well with another league team.

Moyes should be in charge at a less demanding club. He'll fuck things up for himself if he went to work for Levy. He's hell bent on finishing fourth even though we shouldn't be contemplating such a thing. This will screw Moyes over. He'll probably go through his Man Utd debacle all over again, only this time he'll be out of a job sooner.

We'll look fucking daft for hiring him.
Levy will look fucking daft for getting him.
Moyes will look EVEN more fucking stupid if (and when) he buggers it up again.

Moyes should just take time out. But if he ends up at Spurs, wouldn't surprise me at all.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Clegg

That Moyes story about the academy really annoys me. There were definite improvements that needed to be made, but he went about not in completely the wrong manner.

Scum

Because of football as a sport, innit.

Catalan newspaper Sport asked their readers if Fabregas should be sold and 80% of 16,619 said yes.

That was followed by Catalan newspaper Mundo Deportivo being more direct and asking 'Would you sell Cesc Fabregas to Manchester United for €30m?' and again 80%, this time of 6807 voters so far, said 'Yes!'.

Only Ed Woodward could screw this up.

Oh.

Ohhhhhhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom