• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.
England has a surprisingly decent team. With the right tactics and a bit of luck they could pull off a surprise.

We have the personnel for a proper exciting team, not capable of winning it, but making a mark on the tournament at least. Unfortunately we have a dinosaur in charge, who'd rather draw 1-1 than win 3-2

Blablurn

The 'Chosen One' banner is gone.

Bl-eXkrIMAAvkzM.jpg

lol

was is the club who put it there or the fans?

We City now bruh, no one can turn down that oil money calibur salaries we giving away.
It would not surprise me in the slightest if they offer him £300k a week.

Woodward just wants people to like him. He's that's naive. He tells the journalists everything so they think he's great. He wants that superstar signing so the fans thank him. He's just after those signature moments and deals.

There was a story that when we were out in Munich he went along to pay his respects at the memorials. Some fans were there and talking to him and he probably said something about how we were gonna sign all these amazing players. They started singing "there's only one Ed Woodward" and he did a little bow. The fucking state of this club.

In the past few days Gary Neville really has proven he really is full of shit and the most useless member of the class of 92.
Bound by his media duties.

I do find him a little bit annoying lately - but by and large I think he knows what's up.

K1LLER7

Mundo Deportivo claim Alexis could get sold to Juventus for around €15-18m. Bloody ridiculous.

Will cry long time if he's sold that cheap and we aren't interested.

Yen

If England win the WC (they won't), we would have Sir Roy Hodgson, Sir Steven Gerrard, and maybe even Sir Wayne Rooney.

Salvadora

There was a story that when we were out in Munich he went along to pay his respects at the memorials. Some fans were there and talking to him and he probably said something about how we were gonna sign all these amazing players. They started singing "there's only one Ed Woodward" and he did a little bow. The fucking state of this club.
Holy fucking shit.

Woodward just wants people to like him. He's that's naive. He tells the journalists everything so they think he's great. He wants that superstar signing so the fans thank him. He's just after those signature moments and deals.

No way :looool

Walshy

If England win the WC (they won't), we would have Sir Roy Hodgson, Sir Steven Gerrard, and maybe even Sir Wayne Rooney.
ex-Liverpool Manager Sir Roy Hodgson.

Future generations will ask us, why did Liverpool sack Sir Roy Hodgson, the last man to win the World Cup for England?

Clegg

I do find him a little bit annoying lately - but by and large I think he knows what's up.
If there's any upside to Woodward being a prat, it's that he's an earnest one. He isn't just paying lip service to the fans. He's actually trying to sign big name players. Just wish he'd do it in a more private way. The Mata deal was the right way to do business. First report about is was three days before the deal was done.

Minimal press knowledge is a good thing for transfers. You don't get worked up that way. If the Shaw deal goes tits up there'll be a lot of disappointed fans.

If there's any upside to Woodward being a prat, it's that he's an earnest one. He isn't just paying lip service to the fans. He's actually trying to sign big name players. Just wish he'd do it in a more private way. The Mata deal was the right way to do business. First report about is was three days before the deal was done.

Minimal press knowledge is a good thing for transfers. You don't get worked up that way. If the Shaw deal goes tits up there'll be a lot of disappointed fans.
Indeed.

And apparently Gill was the man who helped out to get it done :lol

I remember Moyes praising Eddy in his interview when we signed him. So scripted it hurt.

WJD

Indeed. If reports are to be believed, Woodward was a fucking star in the Mata deal.

Clegg

Indeed.

And apparently Gill was the man who helped out to get it done :lol

I remember Moyes praising Eddy in his interview when we signed him. So scripted it hurt.
I guess Gill may be helping out in the background again? If these reports of two players already provisionally agreed are true then Wooders must have gotten some help.

Jarnet87

I can't wait to see Giggs go clueless 4-4-2 this weekend

De Gea
Jones Smalling Evans Evra
Valencia Carrick Cleverly Young
Rooney Welbeck​

If Giggs could make it anymore English he probably would.

Woodward sounds an awful lot like Ian Ayre, 'cept Ayre loves himself a bit more and rides a Harley.
Woodward hasn't reached final evolution just yet. There's scope.

I guess Gill may be helping out in the background again? If these reports of two players already provisionally agreed are true then Wooders must have gotten some help.
Maybe. There was a line in one of the stories over the past few days about Gill helping out. Still don't get why he resigned, all he seems to do is hang around the club. Has he got that UEFA role he wanted yet?

I don't think Woodward is actually THAT bad on the technical side of things. He was a star on the commercial side. But in his current role half the job is the image you portray...and he is just a clown. People must come out of meetings with him thinking goodness gracious. He just gives off that vibe.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I can't wait to see Giggs go clueless 4-4-2 this weekend

De Gea
Jones Smalling Evans Evra
Valencia Carrick Cleverly Young
Rooney Welbeck​

If Giggs could make it anymore English he probably would.
Well win aswell

Clegg

Woodward hasn't reached final evolution just yet. There's scope.

Maybe. There was a line in one of the stories over the past few days about Gill helping out. Still don't get why he resigned, all he seems to do is hang around the club. Has he got that UEFA role he wanted yet?

I don't think Woodward is actually THAT bad on the technical side of things. He was a star on the commercial side. But in his current role half the job is the image you portray...and he is just a clown. People must come out of meetings with him thinking goodness gracious. He just gives off that vibe.
They must love negotiating with him.

Ed, my client is seeking the best deal possible and for that he couldn't possibly join for less than £50k per week.

Woowar: 100k a week.

Jack cw

No idea who this guy is but I think he nailed it

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/b...n-staenkert-gegen-kritiker-35685328.bild.html

"Some years ago Bayern fans were afraid when their team played away in Bremen and now they complain about a 0:1 in Madrid."

Don't forget where you're coming from. Be humble <3.

I dont think that anybody is forgetting it, its only the fact that we have a very competitive squad and a talented coach. And we have seen yesterday that we have the potential to dominate Real in their own stadium, and with a better formation we could have really won there too. That is the problem, not that we arent grateful. On the contrary, I enjoy what Bayern has become but we lost yesterday because of our own mistake and not because Real beat the hell out of us. And this hurts more to be honest.

Clegg

Catalan press seem to think Barca are going to have a rebuild of their own this summer. Looking for a RB, holding midfielder, centre back and right winger.

Fabregas, Song, Alves, Sergi Roberto and Pedro all to be sold.

Holy shit Vinny Caravella is piling on the pounds

Whoever said I look like Paul Giamatti is a right fucking cunt. Now, whenever I catch my reflection in a window, all I see is Wes' fucking avatar.

:(

Hopefully we're all over Alves and Pedro

kmax

Catalan press seem to think Barca are going to have a rebuild of their own this summer. Looking for a RB, holding midfielder, centre back and right winger.

Haha, with Zubi in charge? Dreams are dreams.

Pennywise

EPL transfer news &#8207;@Officialagent_

#World Exclusive: #MUFC have offered 38 million + #Kagawa for #Reus. #BVB #MUFC #Giggs #Glazers #Woodward #Siralex #EPL #Transfers.

United fans are dreaming again.

What do they need a holding midfielder for, they've got the best one there is.

Blablurn

I dont think that anybody is forgetting it, its only the fact that we have a very competitive squad and a talented coach. And we have seen yesterday that we have the potential to dominate Real in their own stadium, and with a better formation we could have really won there too. That is the problem, not that we arent grateful. On the contrary, I enjoy what Bayern has become but we lost yesterday because of our own mistake and not because Real beat the hell out of us. And this hurts more to be honest.

Bl_jeCSCQAAKse3.jpg:large

EPL transfer news &#8207;@Officialagent_

#World Exclusive: #MUFC have offered 38 million + #Kagawa for #Reus. #BVB #MUFC #Giggs #Glazers #Woodward #Siralex #EPL #Transfers.

United fans are dreaming again.
Keep Shinji.

Give them the 60 million were using for Cavani.

#MakeUsCum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom