• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Martinez and Wenger both want Cleverley.

Life is sometimes so funny.
Maybe moyes played him out of position, maybe he is a sleeper talent like bale

Maybe he is a goalkeeper :eek:

K1LLER7

Barcelona fans have yet again overwhelmingly backed selling Cesc Fabregas to Manchester United. First Catalan newspaper Sport asked their readers if the sale should happen and 80% of 16,619 said yes. That was followed by Catalan newspaper Mundo Deportivo being more direct and asking 'Would you sell Cesc Fabregas to Manchester United for €30m?' and again 80%, this time of 6807 voters so far, said 'Yes!'.

These responses are likely to paint a true picture of the feeling among Barcelona fans toward Cesc Fabregas. Sport and Mundo Deportivo are Catalonia publications and biased toward that market, therefore it's unlikely the vote has been hijacked by Real Madrid fans.

Comments from supporters on the matter include calling Fabregas a trouble maker, saying he doesn't fit into the Barcelona team and that hasn't been prepared to give it his all in training.

The bad feeling toward Fabregas has been reported throughout Spain and El Confidencial, like others, say it dates to when he left Barcelona for Arsenal as a youngster. They also point out that, according to their information, Fabregas has twice turned down Real Madrid in his career and so deserves some respect from his fellow Catalans for that.

Cesc, the fans don't want you no more.

pulga

Banned
10286918_10150570572074953_3153366349173378231_o.jpg

What a day to be alive.

What do they need a holding midfielder for, they've got the best one there is.

Busquets has been touted as Xavi's heir for a while tbf, both on and off the pitch. Think they want someone dynamic next to him.

A 4-2-3-1 with Busquets next to a Fernandinho-type and Messi as a #10 would be unreal.

K1LLER7

Busquets has been touted as Xavi's heir for a while tbf, both on and off the pitch. Think they want someone dynamic next to him.

A 4-2-3-1 with Busquets next to a Fernandinho-type and Messi as a #10 would be unreal.
Can't Fabregas play alongside him?

Maybe go for Sandro (spurs/Cheap), or Paulinho.

pulga

Banned
Will lead France to World Cup glory.

Be Hailed as the true next brazilian Ronaldo.

Will be sold in the summer after Madrid buy Falcao.

but i thought Giroud was the superior french striker

how can Benzema lead them to glory if he's on the bench

arse-gaf please explain

Razor554

Catalan press seem to think Barca are going to have a rebuild of their own this summer. Looking for a RB, holding midfielder, centre back and right winger.

Fabregas, Song, Alves, Sergi Roberto and Pedro all to be sold.

Zubi said Barca is going to rebuild in this summer window. Then the next day Sport readers were presented with the question, “Do you trust Zubizarreta with the squad revolution?“. Well, 16,132 voters had their say, and 90% voted no.

:lol

Zubi said Barca is going to rebuild in this summer window. Then the next day Sport readers were presented with the question, “Do you trust Zubizarreta with the squad revolution?“. Well, 16,132 voters had their say, and 90% voted no.

:lol

Not heard a single Barca fan say a nice thing about Zubi. He's your Woodward.

K1LLER7

They should just change how they play. Tiki Taka isn't working anymore.

Play Busquests and Fabregas in the middle and play more direct. Give Cesc some freedom.
They can play possession football, just have more penetration with their passing.

Also, Fabregas will have to be disciplined if he plays alongside Busquets. They need a runner in the team. Someone who can get up and down the pitch for the full 90. Can't give too many players freedom to do what they want. Allow Messi, Iniesta and maybe Neymar to be the players with more freedom.

Scum

I mentioned the 4-2-3-1 too. But Old Man FF won't have it.

-------------- New ST --------------
Neymar --- Messi --- Alexis/Pedro
----- Bisquits --- Cesc/Iniesta ------

Or even

---------------- Messi --------------
Neymar --- Iniesta --- Alexis/Pedro
----- Bisquits --- Cesc ------

bud

clegg, if you're going to post shit from the daily mail, at least have the decency to post something interesting.

and by interesting i mean a piece about eva.

Who is the woman who came on to help Petr Cech?
Chelsea first-team doctor Eva Carneiro. Born in Gibraltar to a Spanish father and English mother, Eva studied medicine at Nottingham University before working in emergency surgery in the Highlands. She studied in Australia, did an MSc in London and a thesis at West Ham.

When did she join Chelsea?
After working at the British Olympic Medical Institute, helping athletes at the Beijing Olympics, and with the England Women’s football team. She joined the Blues in 2009 as reserve-team doctor. Andre Villas-Boas brought her into the first-team fold in 2011.

How did she get into football?
Carneiro fell in love with the game while travelling in Mexico. She watched a match between Mexico and Brazil during the 1998 France World Cup and was hooked. Growing up she loved sport but struggled with injuries.

‘It made me think there had to be more than rest to treatment of injuries and this sparked my evolving fascination with sports medicine,’ she said in 2009.

Does she support a team?
Real Madrid. Which could get awkward if they and Chelsea both make it to the Champions League final.

Anything else we need to know?
As a teenager Carneiro enjoyed ballet and riding, she loves to travel — handy, given her line of work — plus salsa and samba. She also likes to surf, something she learnt in Australia.

‘Those moments on the surf in the early mornings and evenings I can honestly count among the happiest in my life,’ she said.

Qqfp3rs.jpg

Scum

"Andre Villas-Boas brought her into the first-team fold in 2011."
Based AVB.

"As a teenager Carneiro enjoyed ballet and riding..."

ieWQRwVFXk29S.png

Thank fuck tiki-taka's been found out to an extent. There was a good couple of years where people were talking about it like it's the apex of football, and every team should aspire to it

Jack cw

Hey, not Chelsea's fault you're such big chokers. Think about it, without Chelsea you would never have gotten Pep, the man to transform your team.

I simply cant handle the pain if another bus parking EPL team wins this trophy again with those destructive and unattractive tactics.

pulga

Banned
clegg, if you're going to post shit from the daily mail, at least have the decency to post something interesting.

and by interesting i mean a piece about eva.

Does she support a team?
Real Madrid. Which could get awkward if they and Chelsea both make it to the Champions League final.

YES EVA YES!

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I simply cant handle the pain if another bus parking EPL team wins this trophy again with those destructive and unattractive tactics.
Honestly your football to me was just as boring as Chelsea's, both in our games and last night

kmax

wall of text about pretty woman

lol, no surprise why Terry's always injured.

Speaking of Zubi, here are some things he said when he failed to sign a CB last summer

Barcelona’s sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta admitted that the Catalan club tried, and failed, to sign Brazilian centre-back Thiago Silva from Paris Saint-Germain.

It was well-documented that Barcelona were looking for a centre-back as club captain Carles Puyol’s injury issues have left Barcelona light at the back in recent times. Barcelona failed with bids of Liverpool‘s Daniel Agger and Chelsea‘s David Luiz and in the end their only addition was a forward in Neymar.

Zubizarreta insisted that the Blaugrana squad is strong enough and that the club did everything in their power sign Silva, 28, who only joined PSG last season.

“We did our best,” he told a press conference.

“He chose PSG and that is a matter for him.

“Not everyone gets up every morning thinking about how wonderful Barca are, although most of the [players] are happy to come.”

“We did not get the centre-back that was our goal, but we have the squad we want. I’m delighted with it,” he added.

I think Barca would be absolutely lethal if they sacked him and got someone who actually could bring players over. With him in charge of transfers, they might as well have the transfer ban still in effect.

YES EVA YES!

I love this woman already.

Carbonox

Thiago Silva refused Barca cos he would have had to sign over the rights to all his future kids as part of the "FC Barcelona mes que un club trafficking contract™".

Salvadora

Thiago Silva refused Barca cos he would have had to sign over the rights to all his future kids as part of the "FC Barcelona mes que un club trafficking contract™".
At the end of the day, isn't it better to have Barcelona trafficking these children rather than some unscrupulous criminal organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom