• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elchele

Tata Martino is not a manager, let alone for one of Europe's elite. He has no presence.

He's just...

there

elsk89 pls

you know nothing about Tata. He's great coach, but I doubt he's ready to manage a team full of prepotent cunts. He needs more time, if Barcelona doesn't give it to him, then I'm sure he'll find another team in Spain or Italy.

Kikarian

Shaw would be the perfect LB signing. Therefor it means we won't get him
3AQmK.gif

Chelsea have got a star quality player, there.

We can always get
Ashley Cole
even though I hate him.

elsk89 pls

you know nothing about Tata. He's great coach, but I doubt he's ready to manage a team full of prepotent cunts. He needs more time, if Barcelona doesn't give it to him, then I'm sure he'll find another team in Spain or Italy.

Call it intuition. He seems like a personality-less yes-man. Neymar starting over Alexis tells me everything I need to know about him.

Elchele

One of them is DEFINITELY Immobile then

Not only did you scout him like 5 or 6 times, but his agent mentioned you guys by name yesterday

They already signed two strikers, :lol

Ramos and Ji. That's why I don't think Drmic is going to happen, he came to the spotlight way too late. They need a CAM now. Firmino innit

Elchele

Stating the obvious, but I guess it's necessary to stop Daily Mail and english sites.

Volker Struth via Bild: There's no need [for MUFC/others] to submit an official offer. Toni Kroos will play at Bayern until 2015 at least.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
They already signed two strikers, :lol

Ramos and Ji. That's why I don't think Drmic is going to happen, he came to the spotlight way too late. They need a CAM now. Firmino innit
They were in Italy a couple of (or a few?) days ago. Why did his agent mention their interest then?

In the last 4 matches, Matic has had 4 assists. Including the one to get in front against Stoke and the only goal a few days ago against Swansea. and on top of that been a beast in the defensive part of the matches. :bow

That also means he's now the second/third with most assists for Chelsea in the league, only Hazard is above and he's on level with playmaker Torres.

Wish he could play in CL so much.

Dat Matic, so good. He's been so good that they won't play Mikel in any matches now. I think having him and Salah guaranteed to be fit for the league matches will be crucial for us. Lampard might be getting on a bit but he and Luiz in the pivot will be fine.

Just seen the Shaw stuff, concerned about Azpili's impressive form at left back? Just reads like he doesn't want to fight for his place.

Hopefully we will still sign him though. Shaw and Costa, maybe another attacking fielder and i'll be happy in the summer.

velociraptor

also Wilshere is whiny and petulant. sorry, but he seriously needs to cut that shit out. it's so irritating and only compounds his inability to defend.
Yes his attitude is beyond awful. If Wilshere was not an Arsenal player I would think he is the biggest cunt in the league. He's such a chav lol.

Wilshere has disappointed me this season. I personally thought he was at his best with Fabregas. Unlike Wilshere, Ramsey can actually score goals. The problem with Arsenal's midfield is that it's horribly unbalanced. We have too many playmakers. However, I do appreciate Wilshere's directness. I just don't think he has developed as well as I expected. He seems to be stuck I limbo.

Elchele

Their were in Italy a couple (or few) of days ago. Why did his agent mention their interest then?

Why do agents do it all the time. to get attention from other clubs
I really don't know anything about him, I've hearing his name for a while now but Dortmund already signed 2 strikers. They really don't need another one for this upcoming season, they need to sign a CAM more than anything else

That Ryan Gauld kid is quality and definitely one for the future.

Think he currently plays for Dundee United. We should put a bid in for him, get him and loan him out for 1-2 season(s).

He would be a good buy if United weren't stacked with attacking midfielders. I personally would rather buy back Daehli. With Januzaj, Daehli, Shinji, and Mata, there would be no need to buy Gauld.

Daehli and Januzaj had great chemistry together. Daehli was the guy making runs for Januzaj and he was also the guy who was the slightly more patient passer who would exploit defenses with that same patience on the left wing. Januzaj was the more direct amf and would try the riskier passes. Both of them worked really well with James Wilson too.
iMrlM3y5S58JP.gif

ikaDqdLskAKsA.gif

iVZgHTrBTOGNM.gif

United had such a good youth team last season. They should have won the FA youth cup if those jackasses in the back were decent.

Pennywise

Their were in Italy a couple (or few) of days ago. Why did his agent mention their interest then?

Because he made a mistake.
Ji wasn't signed as striker, he is more likely an allrounder.

Dortmund is gonna sign another striker.
Drmic would be possible if Nürnberg is going into the Second Bundesliga, he got a clause for 5m then.

I dunno much about Immobile, but it depends on how much he is gonna cost.
Dortmund isn't going to spend more than 10-12m, that's for sure.

Wilbur

Banned
That's the fucking spirit.

Shaw's worth whatever you're charged. I'd pay £40 million for him.

It's your left back sorted for the best part of a decade and he's British to boot. Helps the quota and has an obvious investment in domestic success.

but he's off to the bridge

Agreed on all counts.

The only reason I think he might not be off to the bridge is because Terry will still be around for a few more years, so Ivan will keep playing right back and azpi will keep playing left back. Whereas we (and to a slightly lesser extent, you) have a real need for a left back right now.

Kikarian

He would be a good buy if United weren't stacked with attacking midfielders. I personally would rather buy back Daehli. With Januzaj, Daehli, Shinji, and Mata, there would be no need to buy Gauld.

Daehli and Januzaj had great chemistry together. Daehli was the guy making runs for Januzaj and he was also the guy who was the slightly more patient passer who would exploit defenses with that same patience on the left wing. Januzaj was the more direct amf and would try the riskier passes. Both of them worked really well with James Wilson too.
iMrlM3y5S58JP.gif

ikaDqdLskAKsA.gif

iVZgHTrBTOGNM.gif
He'd be good to have as a player in your squad.

Januzai > Wilson > Daehli all in the same team, dat chemistry. It would also be good because they were brought up through the academy.

Wilbur

Banned
Guys Jamie Carragher is an Everton fan and he's still a big Liverpool cunt

Shaw dreams of playing alongside jones, not ba

One of them is DEFINITELY Immobile then

Not only did you scout him like 5 or 6 times, but his agent mentioned you guys by name yesterday

We scout players all the time, we were watching Jackson Martinez, Benteke, etc.

Doesn't mean we're going to sign them, though, even if there's interest.

qindarka

Banned
Shaw being a Chelsea fan will only make a difference if all other factors are equal. If United are willing to offer more money to Soton or to him, then he will join them.

Elchele

Ji is not planned as striker.

Also, Ji is already Schieber'ed.

aubameyang, kuba
Reus, Mkhi
Hoffmann, Großkreutz

You have six players for 3 positions already. I really don't see Dortmund signing anyone else aside from a CAM (maybe Kagawa on loan).

I'm really curious about Ji tbh

K1LLER7

I want Daehli back just because he makes diagonal runs from the left. Young and Valencia love to stick on the wings.

Adnan is being wasted on the left. He's probably playing at 25%. On the right 50%. In the middle 100%.

We need Rafa as manager.

Scum

Jedward, pls. All 4 together? Conte is not your manager and Wenger plans not to adopt a new formation anytime soon. Unless you're thinking of playing one of those as a AMR/AML...

Ozil is someone you do with for 90mins but can only manage about 60mins. It might work in a 4-1-3-2/narrow Diamond but you'll need reliable FBs for that. Rotate him with Wilshere.

That Ryan Gauld kid is quality and definitely one for the future.

Think he currently plays for Dundee United. We should put a bid in for him, get him and loan him out for 1-2 season(s).

Fuck it

30m Shaw
35m willy
25m rakitic
25m Benatia
35m Kroos
50m Rumbo
0m Owen

What a summer

Are we going full muppet?

10m Daehli
35m Willy
25m Rakitic
20m Garay

I think Chelsea will get Shaw.

No idea for a lb.

Kikarian

Shaw being a Chelsea fan will only make a difference if all other factors are equal. If United are willing to offer more money to Soton or to him, then he will join them.
I didn't know he was a Chelsea fan.

This has made me even more positive he'll be going to use.

I'm sure Chelsea could equal if not beat our bid for him.

Moyes has to keep in mind he has to sign 3 world class players at least. Over-paying for Shaw would be a set back in terms of getting other players.

Wilbur

Banned
I want Daehli back just because he makes diagonal runs from the left. Young and Valencia love to stick on the wings.

Adnan is being wasted on the left. He's probably playing at 25%. On the right 50%. In the middle 100%.

We need Rafa as manager.

Don't you ever fucking say that again.

Lol Owen. Who's going then? Vidic we know, Evra and Rio likely. I'd like to see Young and Cleverley gone. I think Hernandez will go too.

Evra and rio are gone. Giggs too I think. Hernandez will go; I like him but not enough to cry.

Neither young or Cleverley will leave.

On the bright side, I think Costa is almost certain to join. And I'm sure there are other good LBs out there. Even sticking with Ivan at RB would be ok.

That wouldn't be ok. Don't think Cole is staying and that would leave Chelsea with only Ivan, Bertrand and Azpilicueta for both RB and LB. Need another left back for certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom