• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Haven't been enough rumors about City transfer targets lately. If we lose out on Shaw and Alberto, I will be a sad panda. I've been posting about Alberto since last summer. :(

Arnie

Haven't been enough rumors about City transfer targets lately. If we lose out on Shaw and Alberto, I will be a sad panda. I've been posting about Alberto since last summer. :(
UnitedGAF have systematically pulverized the idea that the more you post about a player the greater the likelihood you'll sign them.

bud

... who's sansa?
ZmyhDVx.png

Mastadon

Banned
So LVG to help the transition to a younger squad, hopefully build a solid base and then Giggs to take over?

Not so sure about that tbh. He'll have learned from two of the best managers in SAF and LVG but the United job is too big for a first time boss.

I suppose, but the main issue that new and inexperienced managers face is lack of respect from players and lack of buy-in from the fans. Giggs clearly wouldn't have issues with either of these. If he's got the tactical nous and has had the opportunity to learn from the very best, then it's difficult to see what difference two years at Port Vale or Yeovil would make.

Slizz

... who's sansa?
ZmyhDVx.png

tumblr_n4iqdoKJrz1spiuxqo7_250.gif

Had to change a flat tire last night on my truck, such an annoying process. Just went out to check out what caused it to go flat and there is no visible signs of any damage. Think an asshole literally just deflated one of my tires.

Clegg

I suppose, but the main issue that new and inexperienced managers face is lack of respect from players and lack of buy-in from the fans. Giggs clearly wouldn't have issues with either of these. If he's got the tactical nous and has had the opportunity to learn from the very best, then it's difficult to see what difference two years at Port Vale or Yeovil would make.
Biggest problem is knowing if he has that tactical nous. I suppose he can learn from van Gaal, but it's still risky.

Yen

Does Shaqiri play on the left or right?

edit- Looks like the left. Welcome to Arsenal Shaq.

Either side. Quick, strong, powerful left boot. Would be a decent addition to most sides. I think Sterling is at a similar level to him (and will probably surpass him) but an added bit of quality (with pace) is what our squad needs. Hence, why I want us to pursue Yevhen.

Zabojnik

Had to change a flat tire last night on my truck, such an annoying process. Just went out to check out what caused it to go flat and there is no visible signs of any damage. Think an asshole literally just deflated one of my tires.

Lol, only in America.
Yeah, no. Happened to me twice. That's why I keep a portable compressor in my car.

Either side. Quick, strong, powerful left boot. Would be a decent addition to most sides. I think Sterling is at a similar level to him (and will probably surpass him) but an added bit of quality (with pace) is what our squad needs. Hence, why I want us to pursue Yevhen.

Plus, Shaquiri's a pretty damn boss name. That's where Flanagan is letting us down.

Marc

Is there anything to indicate that Giggs would make a good manager?

He got away with screwing his brothers wife for years, undermined Moyes and somehow managed to get rewarded for it and get his job and managed to undermine the freedom to speak openly about him banging another bird.

The guy has some serious moves, will probably confiscate people's phone and have someone hack them to get all their dick pictures for blackmail.

Best wishes to Tito.

Clegg

Giggs confiscating players phones may not be so outlandish.

Apparently Fergie took the players phones away from them on match days to avoid leaks.

Elchele

Is there anything to indicate that Giggs would make a good manager?

is there anything to indicate that he would make a bad coach? I think he's the best option, I mean, I would at least give him a try. Surely he would turn out much better than Moyes.

Hiring LvG for 1-2 seasons and putting Giggs as assistant coach or as coach of the reserves would be good. And then give Giggs a fair try when LvG gets sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom