• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
is there anything to indicate that he would make a bad coach? I think he's the best option, I mean, I would at least give him a try. Surely he would turn out much better than Moyes.

Hiring LvG for 1-2 seasons and putting Giggs as assistant coach or as coach of the reserves would be good. And then give Giggs a fair try when LvG gets sacked

This currently is the most attractive way forward, so far as I can ascertain from United fans on the web. The board will never make Giggs manager now because there are too many imponderables and we need as risk free as we can get.

Carbonox

This currently is the most attractive way forward, so far as I can ascertain from United fans on the web. The board will never make Giggs manager now because there are too many imponderables and we need as risk free as we can get.

that this is a real word makes me happy

like revengeance

imponderable revengeance

iblmK5DL48n12x.gif

Clegg

Louise Taylor's (Guardian journalist) team of the season

Mannone

Coleman
Curtis Davies
Cahill
Shaw

Toure
Gerrard
Ramsey
Silva
Hazard

Suarez

Antti

Take van Gaal in to rebuild the team over the next few years, and then hand it to Giggs (or whoever these football romantics want to hand it to).

As in over his head as Moyes was, he inherited a horrible team.

WJD

Louise Taylor's (Guardian journalist) team of the season

Mannone

Coleman
Curtis Davies
Cahill
Shaw

Toure
Gerrard
Ramsey
Silva
Hazard

Suarez

I'd make arguments for De Gea, Lallana, Terry and Sturridge over Mannone, Ramsey, Davies and Silva but otherwise... Not too bad.

Feorax

Guardian podcast makes an interesting point.

If we do manage a win on Sunday, then it's possible that by the end of the gameweek, Chelsea could be only 2 points ahead of Arsenal, and just 3 ahead of Everton.

Regardless of whether Mou thinks they can win the league or not, Chelsea really can't afford to throw away too many more points between now and the end of the season.

Clegg

Oh god. Only just seen the latest United/Moyes bit.

Three unused subs at last weekends United/Everton game were overheard taking bets on when he was gonna get the sack.

Guardian podcast makes an interesting point.

If we do manage a win on Sunday, then it's possible that by the end of the gameweek, Chelsea could be only 2 points ahead of Arsenal, and just 3 ahead of Everton.

Regardless of whether Mou thinks they can win the league or not, Chelsea really can't afford to throw away too many more points between now and the end of the season.

Their last 2 fixtures are theoretically a piece of piss, thankfully (kind of)

Carbonox

I'd make arguments for De Gea, Lallana, Terry and Sturridge over Mannone, Ramsey, Davies and Silva but otherwise... Not too bad.

I'd personally put Terry and Sturridge in there over Davies and Silva. Don't care much for the keeper, otherwise you'd then have a very good team of the year.

arkon

Take van Gaal in to rebuild the team over the next few years, and then hand it to Giggs (or whoever these football romantics want to hand it to).

As in over his head as Moyes was, he inherited a horrible team.

They're not as bad as he has made them look at times this season.

If they had won more games this season they would be higher up the table.

Hixx

Oh god. Only just seen the latest United/Moyes bit.

Three unused subs at last weekends United/Everton game were overheard taking bets on when he was gonna get the sack.

Giggs, Lindegaard, Fellaini and Januzaj.

Be amazed if it was Fellaini, so...

Antti

They're not as bad as he has made them look at times this season.

If they had won more games this season they would be higher up the table.

Obviously they're not as bad as they were this season. But what I'm trying saying is van Gaal should be able to make the job easier for Giggs if he ever takes the reigns. It's easier not to get Moyes'd if you inherit a team that has already been rebuilt for you to an extent.

Slizz

Lindegaard seems the type, Giggs is obvious but Januzaj seems a bit weird. One of the only decent things Moyes did was the handling of Januzaj.

So? Doesn't mean Moyes wassn't sounding like a moron during training. Also, Jan is a youngster, probably looked up to all the senior players and followed their lead. Oh and he's buds with Kagawa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom