• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elchele

You won the league and are in the semi-finals of the Champions League.

#fuckselfentitledungratefulberks

what is a berk arnie

It would have been more difficult to lose the league than winning it, considering the quality in our squad and the huge momentum the team had after last season. Also, until a few weeks ago, we still had "left overs" of Heynckes' counter-attacking (Pep mentioned this in a press conference).

We out-muscled most teams, with our world class players and with tactics unfamiliar to coaches in the BL. Also, Dortmund were at their weakest this season with all the injuries and re-building their squad without Gotze and Gundogan.

Next season will be much more interesting and "telling". The good coaches in the BL already have figured out Pep's Bayern, next season it won't be easy for Pep if he keeps playing like this.

Pep is a great coach, there's no doubt, but he's way too inexperienced and stubborn to coach a team that doesn't suit his style. He's a one trick guy.

Yen

what is a berk arnie
image.php

Another point I want to make about Benzema is how lately he's been using his body to control the ball. He'll be receiving a long ball for example, spots a runner and by the time he controls the ball down he's already passing it to the runner.. Perfect counter-attack.

He's done this so many times lately. Good stuff from a top-tier striker, clearly his best season overall.

Elchele

Kroos was really impressing yesterday, tho. The only highlight of the season

This is the first time I saw him playing the Schweinsteiger role perfectly, and even better because he has better vision and passing. He doesn't look slow and stiff anymore, he is now making tackles and headers, running(!) and getting involved in every play.

Heynckes advised him to stay, and Kroos said this before the RM match:

Kroos :"In the end, it's about me and my future. There are a few people whose advice you value, and that includes Jupp Heynckes. It was exciting to hear what he thinks. "

pretty sure he'll stay

Arnie

what is a berk arnie

It would have been more difficult to lose the league than winning it, considering the quality in our squad and the huge momentum the team had after last season. Also, until a few weeks ago, we still had "left overs" of Heynckes' counter-attacking (Pep mentioned this in a press conference).

We out-muscled most teams, with our world class players and with tactics unfamiliar to coaches in the BL. Also, Dortmund were at their weakest this season with all the injuries and re-building their squad without Gotze and Gundogan.

Next season will be much more interesting and "telling". The good coaches in the BL already have figured out Pep's Bayern, next season it won't be easy for Pep if he keeps playing like this.

Pep is a great coach, there's no doubt, but he's way too inexperienced and stubborn to coach a team that doesn't suit his style. He's a one trick guy.
In fairness you're making sense.

I hope he does get found out. It'll be jokes.

Arnie

Harry Wilson could go either way but Rossiter is GOAT.

You know it, I know it, it is known.

In your heart of hearts you know this new foetus you're pimping isn't elite-tier. He's just the best of an unspectacular bunch.

Rossiter is blinding. Rodgers had already talked about him in press conferences. Knows the lad's gonna be big.

Didn't Guardiola say he was going to adapt to Bayern instead of them adapting to him, something like that.

Liar.

Harry Wilson could go either way but Rossiter is GOAT.

You know it, I know it, it is known.

In your heart of hearts you know this new foetus you're pimping isn't elite-tier. He's just the best of an unspectacular bunch.

Rossiter is blinding. Rodgers had already talked about him in press conferences. Knows the lad's gonna be big.

We will get to see Rossiter up close soon. 2 games vs United coming up. Our midfield is basically just 3 Tunnicliffe's. His career might be over within days.

Didn't Guardiola say he was going to adapt to Bayern instead of them adapting to him, something like that.

Liar.

We will get to see Rossiter up close soon. 2 games vs United coming up. Our midfield is basically just 3 Tunnicliffe's. His career might be over within days.

Pearson is a nasty little cunt.

I feel bad for Rossiter.

LegoArmo

Welbeck's chip against Swansea was perfect. One of the best executed I've seen.

Too bad it didn't work like that when he tried it against Bayern. I like that he tries stuff.

subtles

Benzema seriously stagnated for a while after moving to Madrid. He eventually found his feet, and can be brilliant at times, but he feels like lost potential.

arkon

Too bad it didn't work like that when he tried it against Bayern. I like that he tries stuff.

He's fearless like Ashley Young. Not afraid to try something different.

I like it too - but he really needs to start to show consistent signs of improvement over the next 12-18 months.

Linius

I like it too - but he really needs to start to show consistent signs of improvement over the next 12-18 months.

He sounds a lot like Fischer. Sometimes he genuinely amazes me with the things he does but most of the time he's fucking around and doesn't show he can play a consistent good season.

L1NETT

So Footy bros, have y'all been listening to Damon Albarns solo record yet? Right in the feels.

I quite like it!

Thought it would be rubs (not sure why - tend to be wary of solo albums for some reason) but it's pretty damn good

And lol Damon Albarn is hipster

Blur and Gorillaz, right hipster groups them.

Heavy Seas of Love is the best <3

Linius

I quite like it!

Thought it would be rubs (not sure why - tend to be wary of solo albums for some reason) but it's pretty damn good

And lol Damon Albarn is hipster

Blur and Gorillaz, right hipster groups them.

With Damon I always had the feeling a solo album would be great. Probably because he's always 80% of the creativity in the things he's done. I think for Blur Graham Coxon can be given a good amount of credits for their music but in his other projects it's mostly Albarn that comes with stuff and approaches the people he wants to work with. With Blur, Gorillaz and The Good, The Bad and The Queen he already showed a lot of different sides. And now there's this moody soul album.

If 2 or 3 of those players make it to the first team I will be happy.

Yep, that's the main goal of every youth team. The reason why I said your team sucks is because a lot of the players, like Eisfeld, seem like they're talented, but don't influence the game much. They don't seem like "certs" and it wouldn't surprise me if they fail or actually do make the step up. A bit like United's Andreas Pereira.

wedward

Yep, that's the main goal of every youth team. The reason why I said your team sucks is because a lot of the players, like Eisfeld, seem like they're talented, but don't influence the game much. They don't seem like "certs" and it wouldn't surprise me if they fail or actually do make the step up. A bit like United's Andreas Pereira.

Yup, that is what it seems like.

Gnabry is a cert.

Bellerin is close. Zelalem I am hopeful.

Toral and Eisfeld seemed like they would make the step up but don't seem to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom